Lowrance discontinues the ifinder gps devices

:huh: I was shock when lowrance has discontinued the ifinder gps handheld devices

the replaced them with some thing else, I don't know what's new with them but I still have

my ifinder expedition C hand held GPS,it still work fine and no problems with it.

I wonder if I can still use it for geocaching?

I hate to spend money on something new when what i still have still works fine.

I own a ifinder Expedition C, a Endura safari and an iPhone. the iPhone is my primary unit I hide caches with the Expedition the expedition is great for caching though I use the iPhone as my primary unit.

:huh: I was shock when lowrance has discontinued the ifinder gps handheld devices

the replaced them with some thing else, I don't know what's new with them but I still have

my ifinder expedition C hand held GPS,it still work fine and no problems with it.

I wonder if I can still use it for geocaching?

I hate to spend money on something new when what i still have still works fine.

Yea, I'm not sure what Lowrance was thinking when they discontinued the iFinder line. I suppose they had their reasons. The Enduras were a huge step backwards and in MHO, suck. ("Oh boy! Touch Screen!" <_< ) Of course the iFinder can still be used for Geocaching if you can live without paperless. I use my old ramshackled and beat-up H20C as a cache navigation GPS in my vehicle.

The Endura had (and still does) have some huge potential When it came out 2 years ago, it was the first to allow filtering of caches but they dropped the ball and havn't done an update in over a year it's like they gave up on it. It's too bad, I want to like the Endura but I feel let down and ripped off by Lowrance I used to be a big fan.

Good riddance... The iFinder H2O is probably one of the worst GPS units I've had the misfortune of working with. It was massively frustrating to only be able to load maps to the SD using the "special" SD card reader which is gigantic compared to every other SD reader out there - it was larger than even most multi-format readers that weren't dedicated to SD. No other manufacturer had such draconian DRM - both Garmin and deLorme let you use standard SD card readers.

Good riddance... The iFinder H2O is probably one of the worst GPS units I've had the misfortune of working with. It was massively frustrating to only be able to load maps to the SD using the "special" SD card reader which is gigantic compared to every other SD reader out there - it was larger than even most multi-format readers that weren't dedicated to SD. No other manufacturer had such draconian DRM - both Garmin and deLorme let you use standard SD card readers.

I speculate the map transfer protocol may have been one reason Lowrance dropped the iFinders. However, I never had any problems with map transfers with either of the iFinders I owned. It was a one time deal; after getting the map on a card I never had to do it again so it wasn't an issue.

Where is the App for paperless geocaching for anroid?

I think Ifinders was good , these new ones they come could have fuction on button cell batteries or a 9v battery

I bet thier new line of hand held gps devices cost more than ifinders.

reason why I hate new tech you pay out the rear end for new tech.

:yikes:

Edited by GPS TREASURE HUNTER

Entropy, you're right that the method for getting maps onto the SD card was clumsy -- and Indotguy pointed out most people would only have to do once in a while.

But don't overlook that it was a really good GPS in most other ways. When they came to market (8 or 9 years ago?) they were price beaters. Not state of the art now, but at that time a very attractive package for the money. Especially compared to what Garmin and Magellan had back then for much higher $$$.

And to answer the OP, yeah, you can still use it for Geocaching, exactly the way you did before you heard the product was being discontinued.

Edited by Portland Cyclist

Yes, but the ifinders can still be bought online at some online shops.

I most look it up on here where cach is and post a waypoint flag on it and save it

just how much is the paperless app is?

if you think about about it Lowrance copy the Etrac or garmin gps devices

I see nothing on thier new replacement for i finders BIG DEAL. :laughing:

gps.jpguntitled-22.png58822449_640.jpggetac-gps-handheld.jpg

You see anything simlar here what the new lowrance looks like ?

The Endura had (and still does) have some huge potential When it came out 2 years ago, it was the first to allow filtering of caches but they dropped the ball and havn't done an update in over a year it's like they gave up on it. It's too bad, I want to like the Endura but I feel let down and ripped off by Lowrance I used to be a big fan.

Check out the just released V1.5 update. Most comprehensive upgrade to date.

Endura V1.5