How do you solve the puzzle for Sue&Barry's Ribbit! Ribbit! - Frogs and Toads of New Jersey

I'm sorry... I didn't know it was against geocaching rules to post this stuff on forums and whatnot... thanks for replying... but I really shouldn't have dunnit... oops

It isn't against geocaching rules, and of course, you could not have known. It is against geocaching etiquette, though. Have you tried emailing the cache owner, asking for assistance? Generally they do want you to get it, although they may not make it a giveaway for you, but they may gently steer you along the right path.

There's no problem asking, though I'd suggest starting with the CO. You'd probably get a bunch of people quoting etiquette / rules to you.

What's wrong is Mr. Bad Forum's post in #4. Emailing you is fine. Blurting out like he did, after he knows he shouldn't, sometimes make me wonder about him.

generally not considered good forum to ask for ways to solve puzzles. Not all caches need to be found. However, if I figure it out I will E-mail you the answer!

Uh... didn't that just make it "good form" to ask here?

Gatta say... this forum was way nicer than when I posted for assistance as a noob way back!

I think just about everyone took off the gloves on my post! Here we'll email the answer... WOW! Nice folks all of a sudden!

There's no problem asking, though I'd suggest starting with the CO. You'd probably get a bunch of people quoting etiquette / rules to you.

What's wrong is Mr. Bad Forum's post in #4. Emailing you is fine. Blurting out like he did, after he knows he shouldn't, sometimes make me wonder about him.

Most of the time I wouldn't blurt it out, but this puzzle was stupidly easy. All you do is count...

generally not considered good forum to ask for ways to solve puzzles. Not all caches need to be found. However, if I figure it out I will E-mail you the answer!

Gatta say... this forum was way nicer than when I posted for assistance as a noob way back!

I think just about everyone took off the gloves on my post! Here we'll email the answer... WOW! Nice folks all of a sudden!

Nah, you just got lucky unlucky with the people who responded first.

Edited by Coldgears
Most of the time I wouldn't blurt it out, but this puzzle was stupidly easy. All you do is count...

Ooh, nice job. Insult the OP and justify flouting Groundspeak rules in one sentence.

If I had somehow missed the "unless puzzle is too easy" part, please let me know.

I didn't mean to insult the OP. I edited out the information, and it was never quoted... gone forever now...

Edited by Coldgears

Whatever are you talking about? There were no gloves taken off in my post, or any others in this thread. It has long been accepted that asking for puzzle cache help on the forums is a no-no. Once it has been answered for one cacher, the answer is open forever to anybody trying to solve the puzzle. I don't see any bashing going on here. Do you?

By the way, what about "It isn't against geocaching rules, and of course, you could not have known. It is against geocaching etiquette, though. Have you tried emailing the cache owner, asking for assistance? Generally they do want you to get it, although they may not make it a giveaway for you, but they may gently steer you along the right path." did you feel had the gloves off?

Whatever are you talking about? There were no gloves taken off in my post, or any others in this thread. It has long been accepted that asking for puzzle cache help on the forums is a no-no. Once it has been answered for one cacher, the answer is open forever to anybody trying to solve the puzzle. I don't see any bashing going on here. Do you?

I don't think Geo was referring to this thread, but a thread he posted way back when he was a noob and apparently got flamed then. That's how I read it...