Geowoodstock IX...Or Bust!

Well time has flown by.. less than a week to go!

Are you all scrambling (Like me) to get all that gear together? I know I have procrastinated, and have just ran a PQ set for PA, in ZIP, and have all the geotrails and the associated passports, guess that is enough, or is it?

I'll be roadtriping it from CT, not a lot of spare dough for a motel the the week long journey..(As I am leaving WAY EARLY.. for the AGT..thinking I can do it in 5-6 days) so will be road side car camping...creepy... but ... hoping for the best..(Any Tips greatly appreciated!)

Been through a gear check.. did I forget anything?

Tent.....Check

Geopack....Check

BUG REPELLENT and BUG GEAR.....Check

Food ......Negative

Stove /Fuel...Check

Water....Check

GWS Receipt...Check

GPS'r's ... Check...refreshed and raring to hunt!

GSAK Databases.....Check...Refreshed and populated with fresh data!

PC..Power Packs....Check

OK well getting excited for the upcoming Mega... hoping to meet many new faces...I'll be in the GZ at Tent City...See ya'll there!

We will be flying into Pittsburgh and then driving up to Jamestown/Warren area on Friday, July 1st. After Geowoodstock we will head to Buffalo on the 4th of July to cache in that area a few days.

Jennifer

Your copping us! We have the same plans.

Sounds like a well thought out plan. Do you have the truck stops waypointed so you know where you can grab a quick $2 shower?

We're hitting the highway next Tuesday afternoon, driving until tired, and arriving in Erie sometime Wed. We're in an interstate motel on the side of town facing the event, and will cache the area hard, mixing up the locations and types when we aren't at the main event.

This will be my 8th Geowoodstock, I missed the first one.

We will be flying into Pittsburgh and then driving up to Jamestown/Warren area on Friday, July 1st. After Geowoodstock we will head to Buffalo on the 4th of July to cache in that area a few days.

Jennifer

Your copping us! We have the same plans.

Lol... if I see you at my Uncle's house on the 29th, then I will be worried. :)

Jen

Jennifer

Don't forget to visit the anchor Bar (birthplace of Buffalo Chicken Wings) and to grab a Beef on Weck while Buffalo!

I am getting excited for GWSIX also, been slowly getting my gear together also. Thought I should remind you about rain gear, Let's hope we don't need it however. I am staying up in Jamestown. Had the hotel booked back in Feb! Looking forward to my first Mega, the train ride and getting my pic with Signal.

Have fun everyone! I simply couldn't get off from work to go. Maybe next year!

I was planning on attending as well, but work got in the way. I could still probably swing it if I was working at home since Warren is only about 3.5 hours way, but I'm working in Beijing for the rest of the week. I'm looking forward to hearing where the next one will be as I'd probably rather travel a bit further than PA to attend a GW.

Sounds like a well thought out plan. Do you have the truck stops waypointed so you know where you can grab a quick $2 shower?

We're hitting the highway next Tuesday afternoon, driving until tired, and arriving in Erie sometime Wed. We're in an interstate motel on the side of town facing the event, and will cache the area hard, mixing up the locations and types when we aren't at the main event.

This will be my 8th Geowoodstock, I missed the first one.

Did not think to waymark the truck stops...but did waymark a few caches..Of course!

Sure I'll locate a motel along the route... someone mentioned Rain Gear...Sure hope that rain clears away fro PA!

C Ya All there!

Jennifer

Don't forget to visit the anchor Bar (birthplace of Buffalo Chicken Wings) and to grab a Beef on Weck while Buffalo!

It is kinda on the list. We got introduced to Quaker Steak and Lubes a few years ago and love their extra hot wings, so we are looking forward to visiting one of them as well. :)

Jennifer

It is kinda on the list. We got introduced to Quaker Steak and Lubes a few years ago and love their extra hot wings, so we are looking forward to visiting one of them as well. :)

Oh..definitely put in on your "to Do" list...worth the stop. And there's a cache rigth next door!

Jennifer

Oh..definitely put in on your "to Do" list...worth the stop. And there's a cache rigth next door!

Good to know!

We only live about an hour away so will be going up for the day. We just started caching last year on 06/26/10 so this will be our first GWS. Not sure what really to expect, but I am looking forward to seeing what goes on.

For those taking the train ride, it's a great experience to see the area where oil was discovered.

We did the AGT trail last year and it is what really got us hooked on geocaching. If you have the time, you need to do the Clarion Bears, Punxy Phils, and the St Mary's carved ones. They take some time since you need to find 10 - 12 or so individual caches to get the coordinates for the final, but they are so unique it's really worth the effort.

Someone mentioned Quaker Stake and Lube - awesome place to eat. The original is in Sharon, PA.