Scavenger Hunt Caches

LeeG

Is there anyway of seeing a map of all the Scavenger Hunt Caches in my area?

The map could be similiar to the state map that shows the regular caches in the state.

Downloading features and other functions would also be required.

I know it is a lot of different categories but would sure broaden the sport data base.

LeeG

Thanks for the promt reply.

My area is Buffalo, NY.

I know I could find some of the Scavenger Hunt Caches by doing a word search.

I was looking for a way of getting "my area" Scavenger Hunt caches just like the search feature does when I type in a ZIP code, city, etc. A list comes back giving the name, direction and distance (within 10 miles). I can then brouse the list and pick which sites to download into EasyGPS.

I found a list of Scavenger Hunt caches at

http://www.brillig.com/geocaching/special.shtml

This is where I noticed the various types of Scavenger Hunt caches available. There doesn't seem to be an easy feature on this site to home in on the Scavenger Hunt caches in my neighborhood.

LeeG

That list on that other site is probably the best you are going to do.

I'm not aware of any easy way to filter them out... except maybe the pocket queries. If you are a paying member, you have the option for searching for caches with a bunch of criteria, but it would still be difficult to filter only scavenger caches.

Folks in your area may be able to point you at some, as well.

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by LeeG:

Is there anyway of seeing a map of all the Scavenger Hunt Caches in my area?

LeeG

Generally, "Scavenger Hunt Caches" (aka Locationless Caches) are not confined to any given area. They can be located anyplace. The coords posted for these caches are bogus, so a map would be meaningless. The best way to locate them is by clicking the "Also search for [locationless caches]" link on the nearest cache pages. Buxley's site (the link you posted) is also a good resource.

25021_1200.gif

... what LeeG is referring to is something similar to my Herd About Buffalo cache, where there are 150 differently painted buffaloes throughout the city and the point of the cache is to find one and add the coordinates to the cache site. (I think if left to his own devices, LeeG will find them all!)

Now to answer your question, nope I don't know of any. I sort of went out on a limb to create that one, and the cache selection in Buffalo is still pretty scarce.

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A