There's the "What's in your bag?" & the "Cool Cache Containers". What about stocking hides?

What do you stock your hides with? We're talking small containers (magnetic key holders & altoids tins not included) to your extra large.

For a lot of us, it'd be great to get some ideas. For others, it may be great to brag. & for some, it might be a good place to ask, "Is this alright?"..

We haven't put our small-large containers out yet, so this is a great way for us to get some ideas before we do.

Our 7 yr old daughter is in charge of the swag that goes into our caches. She puts rings,bracelets you make, sillybands, little rubberballs, matchbox cars, bubbles(only in warm months), whoopi cushions, yo-yo's, bug collecting kits, stamps with pad, pencils and erasers, pickup-sticks, glow in the dark bracelets, water balloons, small games,.............etc into caches

I will put in fishing lures,fishing weights, bobbers, flash lights, gloves, little TOTT's, dog toys, seeds for growing plants and vegies and a variety of other things for us bigger kids.

I really like your caching name. :)

FTF card games, signal antenna balls, compass clips, mini maglights, our very own wooden-nickels, OH!- geocaching beer cosies... and usually an unactivated coin for the FTF just cause we feel like it.

Obviously we don't have many out there (of our mere 4 one was adopted). I like to go a little nuts with it (it's FUN)!

- Momma Caswell

Alright here's what we have, ready to go:

FTF prizes(should people choose to do this): folding shovel, snakebite kit, camping salt & pepper shakers

Other swag: kids-water snakes, pirate kits (eyes patches & earrings), compasses Adults- fish hooks, poop bags for the pooch, packs of cards (as in thank you cards, but blank)

But that's it for now.

Alright here's what we have, ready to go:

FTF prizes(should people choose to do this): folding shovel, snakebite kit, camping salt & pepper shakers

Other swag: kids-water snakes, pirate kits (eyes patches & earrings), compasses Adults- fish hooks, poop bags for the pooch, packs of cards (as in thank you cards, but blank)

Edited to add: all packed into new hides, ready to go.. But that's it for now.

NERD ALERT: As a kid, I used to play dungeons and dragons. Or at least, try to get other kids to play.

Because of this, I LOVE dice. I alwats want to buy them but have no good reason... but geocaching lets me have an excuse to buy polyhedral dice:

2iuth80.jpg

Cheap

Fun

Geeky

Somewhat novel

People seem to be trading up from them in my caches because they are always gon and I tend to find more expensive swag in their place

I carry around earrings as my regular swag (new ones, not used ones) so my caches are full of those.

Earrings & my wedding ring is usually all I wear. I'd love to find your caches! :)

Think of the children!?! No clothes? For shame! :rolleyes:

Anyho, as I have yet to hide a cache but as I near the 100 mark, I am starting to fill mine up. Travel bugs/coins, Ninja headbands, fishing lures, money, bunches and bunches of toys, balloons, little packs of handi-wipes, a bunch of old D&D figurines I have had for 30 years now, matchbox/hotwheels vehicles, card sets (sports/comics/pokemon/etc), items I have amassed over the years from all over the world (a chunk of the Berlin Wall, items I traded with other military people during CAT gunnery, hat pins, estate sale stuff, etc(, jewelry, handmade items from me and my kids, some small cache stuff I have made with my tools (hollow nut/bolts, pine cones, gourds, bird houses, etc).

Edited by A & J Tooling

I've only stocked one hide. (Two I adopted were already stocked. The mystery and the Wherigo both have a micro for the final.)

The one I stocked is the ammo can that I used to propose to my wife. I stocked it with a CD of wedding music, a bride and groom cake topper, a bunch of wedding balloons, and other bridal-shower type goodies.