Logged as visited but did not!

VryBurgers

Good day, all you happy people! Hope you are having a great day?

We hid our first cache a while ago and it was published soon thereafter. Being... out of the way from the normal cache routes we do not get many visitors. In fact, since the cache was placed we have not had a single visitor! So as you can imagine it was with great excitement that we got the message that someone had visited our cache! Team-Ollie claimed the FTF and I even sent him a congratulatory message. When I got to the cache however, the FTF "prize" was still there and the log book empty. Thus it is fair to assume that they did not get the cache.

So I deleted their log and thought problem solved... then I realized that they had "placed" a TB in the cache and it is currently shown to be in the cache... of course it is not because they were never here! So what am I to do now?

O yes... even though the log has been deleted, the cache still shows as Found 1. Can we change this? I do not want the real FTF not to have the full pleasure thereof.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by VryBurgers

Interesting. I had a similar situation once but before deleting the log I contacted the cacher in question. As it turned out he had visited another cache with a "similar" name and logged the entry without reading the description. In fact he was in a totally different country! He deleted his log himself and then had to contact the TB owner for the code in order to retrieve and drop into the correct cache in the correct country. Mistakes do happen, especially when in a hurry to log many caches after a trip, etc.

IMO I would send a polite e-mail asking if it was done in error explaining that you went to discover the TB and realized that an error might have occurred.

Good luck and I hope it all turns out great.

It looks like they might have made a mistake in logging. It's quite possible they used the wrong GC code. They have been doing most of their caching in the Netherlands.

You should email them and ask them to double-check and to re-log their bug drop.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Good day, all you happy people! Hope you are having a great day?

We hid our first cache a while ago and it was published soon thereafter. Being... out of the way from the normal cache routes we do not get many visitors. In fact, since the cache was placed we have not had a single visitor! So as you can imagine it was with great excitement that we got the message that someone had visited our cache! Team-Ollie claimed the FTF and I even sent him a congratulatory message. When I got to the cache however, the FTF "prize" was still there and the log book empty. Thus it is fair to assume that they did not get the cache.

So I deleted their log and thought problem solved... then I realized that they had "placed" a TB in the cache and it is currently shown to be in the cache... of course it is not because they were never here! So what am I to do now?

O yes... even though the log has been deleted, the cache still shows as Found 1. Can we change this? I do not want the real FTF not to have the full pleasure thereof.

Thanks for the help.

Team-Ollie has not found anything outside of Holland and Spain in the 22 they have found. Must be a mistake. As a cache owner you shoudl be able to send the missing TB to a better place. Perhaps try emailing Team-Ollie again and gently persuading them to grab back the TB. Just visited your cache and it does not show as found - only the published log is showing.

And finally please put an English translation if you can - I for one won't read that info and there are many others who can;t

Trev

Thanks for the suggestions. I have contacted them to let them know and so that they may correct the error of the TB. I see a moderator has already corrected the log on the cache. I would not usually be this fussy about it, but seeing that no one has visited the cache yet, I do not want it to be spoiled for the team to find it first.

Trevor, to answer your comments: yes, I do plan to translate into English as well. The information was compiled from various historical sources and therefor it was quite a mission just to get the Afrikaans out there! A translation shall be following soon, hopefully! Someone did mention a webpage that provides free translation, but I have forgotten what the address is.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the suggestions. I have contacted them to let them know and so that they may correct the error of the TB. I see a moderator has already corrected the log on the cache. I would not usually be this fussy about it, but seeing that no one has visited the cache yet, I do not want it to be spoiled for the team to find it first.

Trevor, to answer your comments: yes, I do plan to translate into English as well. The information was compiled from various historical sources and therefor it was quite a mission just to get the Afrikaans out there! A translation shall be following soon, hopefully! Someone did mention a webpage that provides free translation, but I have forgotten what the address is.

Thanks again!

Fantastic - Google tranlsate came up with this translation - I appreciate the effort to write up a historical cache and the time it takes - and then to tranlsate on top of that is a huge mission but it woudl be well appreciated I am sure. I think you will be able to clean this up with few problems

In past years it was home to the deer and predator. Over the vast plain elephants, rhinos, wildebeest, zebra and springbok geswerm. The nomadic Bushmen were the first residents are objects and paintings and failed for years with their bows and arrows to hunt game maker.

Gradually, however, would have penetrated the area and the rest is disturbed. At the beginning of the 17th century the Tswana from the north in successive waves move southward and the whole area of ​​Bechuanaland occupied. For them the Batlapin the area occupied, ranging from the present Vryburg, southwards along the Hartsriviertot at the confluence of the Vaal River and then west past the current Kuruman. Taung on the Heart River, was the center of this settlement. Along the upper reaches of the Molopo River in the vicinity of the present bought the Barolong settled. By the late 18th century, immigrants from the south of this area began to infiltrate. It was the Koranna a Hottentotstam, who supports the arrival of Jan van Riebeeck in the vicinity of the Cape found. They gradually northwards pulled them later at Mamusa, current Schweizer-Reneke established. The Koranna was a restless people, and their plundering of Batlapin led to an endless struggle given. During the twenties and thirties of the 19th century, the Matebele-impi's under Mzilikazi, the area to the west in the direction of Bechuanaland cleared. Many of the Tswana tribes in the Kalahari desert seeking safety. After these victories, Mzilikazi near Zeerust in the Marico District of settle where his pen, called Mosega, today a well-known landmark is.

Early in the early 19th century, the vanguard of the white also went through this area. Missionaries, travelers and traders have their way laboriously through the arid regions spared by the Cape Colony of Bechuanaland separated. In 1806 trips known Dr. Henry Lichtenstein past Grikwastad to Lithako, just north of the current Kuruman. He was followed by William Burchell and John Campbell, who more or less the same route followed. In 1890, the first mission under the Batlapin by Dr Robert Moffat founded. The first mission was near Maropin, during June 1826 to the present Kuruman relocated. In 1836 the Great Trek take a start. Up on the Vaal River, the Tractors of Potgieter attacked by the Matabele. As a result, two steering Potgieter strafekspidisies against the Matabele and are north of the Limpopo River came. The Western Transvaal, as far as Bechuanaland, was virtually deserted and the Voortrekkers gradually the area possessed. Also, the Tswana tribes from the Kalahari and they returned peacefully under the auspices of the Voortrekkers established. The burgers were Barolong, Batlapin and Koranna regarded as residing on the territory that they conquered the Matabele, and some of the stammer it for granted the power of the farmers accepted. After the independence of the South African Republic in 1852 would be the Western boundary of the Transvaal, but for years the scene of fighting between African tribes themselves, and where the white later would become involved.

The fund is just about on the sidewalk next to the owner of the fund house. The house and the owners are not terrible historical interest relating to Vryburg not. It is not necessary for the site to enter. This is a microfilm container and please bring your own pen or pencil. The fund has space for small items or coins. There is something special in the first erdvraat it discovered. If you plan to fund come looking, you can call the owner for a nice cup of coffee!