Favorite Find

Wifey and I went hunting this weekend and this was definitely the most fun I've had hunting a cache...

Next Stop Greenwich

We enjoyed it because it made us walk, literally, up one side of the street and down the other trying to fill in the clues, then find the actual cache. Came across as really well-planned and extremely fun.

What's your favorite find? The one that you hold up as the standard-bearer for a great time out on the trails / streets / whatever?

Probably Bouldin Mosaic because it took me down the street from my house and showed me something I never noticed was there. A simple boring container that marks an interesting little known local landmark. Pretty humble bu awesome cache.

A few thers stand out, but that is the cache I hold up as the perfect example.

I've only found a very few (at least looking at how long since my first find) but I would have to say it's pretty close between two caches:

1) Stoneville Cemetery - Obviously, this is a cemetery. One I never would have set foot in if not for the cache there. It's fairly close to my sister's house.

2) Dockery Plantation - This is a small place a few miles from my house. Supposedly, the Delta Blues music style was born here. The man who owned this cotton plantation in the 1800s reportedly was actually pretty well liked among all of his workers so I've read. I've passed by this place countless times and had never stopped here until looking for the cache. It's a pretty cool place and even has a still used church on the property.

Edited by DarthJustice

Probably http://coord.info/GC27N0W The Sword in the Stone in MN. Stopped to get this one on a trip from Ohio to Montana. Took me about 20 min to open once I found it. Won't post spoiler pics but let's just say it is a very well-designed container with a ton of thought put into it!

+1. A totally unique sort of hide, and a very popular cache. I know the cache owner somewhat, and know that he didn't get the idea anywhere else.

That's a tough question, and my answer will likely change on any given day.

For now, I'll go with Totally Tubular Two, a puzzle cache by a local legend.

Because it's been archived for quite some time, I think I can discuss the details:

At the posted coords, you find a largish Tupperware with a Barbie lunchbox and a white board inside. The white board has a few instructions, the coords to the next stage, and a place to note you have the lunchbox in your possession, in case someone comes looking for it while you are on your quest. The cache page instructs you to bring at least two quarts of water with you.

As best I can recall, the lunchbox contains:

A Barbie doll named Nancy. (according to her nametag)

Tweezers.

A Yo-Yo

A small horseshoe magnet.

A section of clear tubing.

A calculator.

Maybe a few other nick nacks?

You get to the first stage, and you find a section of PVC pipe affixed vertically to a tree. There is a cap on both ends, and a drain at the bottom. When you lift the upper cap off, you see "H2O" written on the underside. If you look in the pipe, at the bottom you see a small container. You close the drain, pour water into the pipe and up pops the small container with the next set of coords.

At the next stage, you find another vertical PVC pipe similar to the first. The difference being, instead of a drain, this one has a nipple at the bottom, and "O2" written under the cap. You affix the clear tube to the nipple, blow sharply, and out pops another small container with coords to the next stage.

At this stage, you find yet another vertical PVC pipe, though this one is riddled with holes. Under the cap you find "Fe". You tie the horseshoe magnet to the string on the Yo-Yo, lower it into the pipe and it picks up a small ferrous container with the coords to the next stage.

Here, you find a thick, stubby chunk of PVC, that is not affixed to a tree. Affixed to the exterior is a horribly complex mathematical equation that claims to give you the coords to the final. A person much brighter than me might use the calculator to solve the equation, but being dumber than a bag of hammers, I thought my day was over. Then I noticed that one of the caps was not glued on, and I removed it, finding a note inside that said: "If you need help with the math, feel free to pick Nancy's brain. She's great at complex equations". I popped Barbie's head off, and inside was a slip of paper with the final coords, which were for a 40's era automobile quietly rusting away, with a cache hidden in it.

What really made this a "Whoo Hoo" moment was when I realized that I had been carrying the final coords with me the whole time I was trying to solve the different stages. :lol:

The whole experience was just one heck of a lot of fun. B)

Edited by Clan Riffster

That's a tough question, and my answer will likely change on any given day.

For now, I'll go with Totally Tubular Two, a puzzle cache by a local legend.

Because it's been archived for quite some time, I think I can discuss the details:

At the posted coords, you find a largish Tupperware with a Barbie lunchbox and a white board inside. The white board has a few instructions, the coords to the next stage, and a place to note you have the lunchbox in your possession, in case someone comes looking for it while you are on your quest. The cache page instructs you to bring at least two quarts of water with you.

As best I can recall, the lunchbox contains:

A Barbie doll named Nancy. (according to her nametag)

Tweezers.

A Yo-Yo

A small horseshoe magnet.

A section of clear tubing.

A calculator.

Maybe a few other nick nacks?

You get to the first stage, and you find a section of PVC pipe affixed vertically to a tree. There is a cap on both ends, and a drain at the bottom. When you lift the upper cap off, you see "H2O" written on the underside. If you look in the pipe, at the bottom you see a small container. You close the drain, pour water into the pipe and up pops the small container with the next set of coords.

At the next stage, you find another vertical PVC pipe similar to the first. The difference being, instead of a drain, this one has a nipple at the bottom, and "O2" written under the cap. You affix the clear tube to the nipple, blow sharply, and out pops another small container with coords to the next stage.

At this stage, you find yet another vertical PVC pipe, though this one is riddled with holes. Under the cap you find "Fe". You tie the horseshoe magnet to the string on the Yo-Yo, lower it into the pipe and it picks up a small ferrous container with the coords to the next stage.

Here, you find a thick, stubby chunk of PVC, that is not affixed to a tree. Affixed to the exterior is a horribly complex mathematical equation that claims to give you the coords to the final. A person much brighter than me might use the calculator to solve the equation, but being dumber than a bag of hammers, I thought my day was over. Then I noticed that one of the caps was not glued on, and I removed it, finding a note inside that said: "If you need help with the math, feel free to pick Nancy's brain. She's great at complex equations". I popped Barbie's head off, and inside was a slip of paper with the final coords, which were for a 40's era automobile quietly rusting away, with a cache hidden in it.

What really made this a "Whoo Hoo" moment was when I realized that I had been carrying the final coords with me the whole time I was trying to solve the different stages. :lol:

The whole experience was just one heck of a lot of fun. B)

WOW!