PQ maps

When I run a PQ map as a google map the system defaluts to the new beta map, this map is not restricted to the caches requested in my PQ. It will include every cache in the area. If I click the button to go back to the original map style, it still includes every cache in the area. Is there a way to disable the beta maps from being a default map which is what they are now. Whem I run a PQ related map all I want to see is the caches that I have requested in the radius that I have requested. When I set a PQ for a 10 mile radius I do not want to see a map that covers a 60 mile radius, that is not what I want

I don't think you can view it like you could before. I have tried to do exactly what you are trying to do and could not (I liked the old way). The best you can do right now, afaik, is bring up the Google Maps, then click on your PQ in the left column. You will still have ALL the caches in the world appear, but the PQ that you clicked will have lightening bolts above them now. A little messy imho....

Not crazy about the way the new maps show ALL of the caches in the world on a Pocket Query. I guess they need to change the icon theat says "Preview in Google Maps". I use this when I am travelling and I HATE the way ALL of the caches show up

Edited by kryscalle

PQbubbles.png

It is nice to see where my PQ ends, but those lightning bubbles are too dang distracting to make the preview usable. They're in the way of seeing cache types, and not just at that zoom level. The preview map should go back to just showing the caches you selected to show (the ones in the PQ) rather than adding an extra graphic above each cache.

I was looking for kid friendly caches for a family outing in Arlington, TX. PQ maps did the usual and gave me everything and wouldn't let me click on the bolts (no matter what browser I used). I switched to google maps and it showed me caches in SEATTLE.

Being it's a BETA there should be a choice of which map to use. I don't want to deal with the PQ map problem when I'm trying to get out early to beat the heat.

When I run a PQ map as a google map the system defaluts to the new beta map, this map is not restricted to the caches requested in my PQ. It will include every cache in the area. If I click the button to go back to the original map style, it still includes every cache in the area. Is there a way to disable the beta maps from being a default map which is what they are now. Whem I run a PQ related map all I want to see is the caches that I have requested in the radius that I have requested. When I set a PQ for a 10 mile radius I do not want to see a map that covers a 60 mile radius, that is not what I want

I agree!!!

Edited by minpin

Is there any way to display just one of the layers on the Beta maps??? That would solve my problem. Like many others, I would just like to display the caches I have selected in a PQ.

Yes, simply disable the display of all the other cache types and you'll be left with just the lightning bolt icons for the caches in your pocket query.

Is there any way to display just one of the layers on the Beta maps??? That would solve my problem. Like many others, I would just like to display the caches I have selected in a PQ.

Yes, simply disable the display of all the other cache types and you'll be left with just the lightning bolt icons for the caches in your pocket query.

Which is pretty much the epitome of useless: the lightning bolt icons convey no information other than location, and nothing happens if you click on them. You can't even get the name/ID of the cache.

You can still get the old-style maps.

For example the PQ

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?pq=d6975c27-afa7-4014-a601-266e50c94b2a

has old-style PQ map

http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx?guid=d6975c27-afa7-4014-a601-266e50c94b2a

EDIT: duh - I see this was answered earlier. As you were.

Edited by I!

You can still get the old-style maps.

For example the PQ

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?pq=d6975c27-afa7-4014-a601-266e50c94b2a

has old-style PQ map

http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx?guid=d6975c27-afa7-4014-a601-266e50c94b2a

EDIT: duh - I see this was answered earlier. As you were.

Cool username. :anitongue:

The lightning bolts, and showing all the other caches in the world, are more than distracting; they kill the preview feature, in my opinion. The beta/PQ preview is so cluttered I can't make any use of it at all.

I don,t mind the lighting bolts being disolayed, but you can,t click on them to get the cache info, that is some lame. In one word the new maps "suck"