Cache names/IDs?

elkhorn98

I see that you just registered a couple of weeks ago. It seems like I've been doing this for a long time, but it's only been six weeks. Anyway, here's your answer. At the top left of every cache page, you will find a blue symbol (icon). It'll be solid blue for a traditional cache, blue with a yellow slash in a circle, a puzzle will have a yellow question mark. and a multi-cache will have 4 tiny question marks. Hope this answers your question.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

One thing I do, is inside the EasyGPS program which is free and a major time saver when downloading the waypoints in my GPS, is to edit the symbols or icons. In EasyGPS, you can edit the little symbol that will be displayed on your GPS. For instance, people put the FISH for where there is a fishing spot, or boat for where there are boats. You could make the reindeer virtuals or the little dot for virtuals and the cross hair for regular caches. It might take you an extra minute, but with the time that the EasyGPS software saves you, it might be worth it. If you input everything straight into your GPS by hand, you can edit the symbols within there too.

GeoCache now, die later!

Morty

www.MortysTwistedWorld.com

If you are a paying member of Geocaching.com, you get some really nice extra features. One of them is called the "Pocket Query Generator". With it, you can tell Geocaching.com to e-mail you up to five sets of up to 500 caches each on the days you specify. You simply have to set it up to send you "GPX" files and then you can use any of a large number of available programs to do all sorts of cool things.

You can use a program to change GC#### to $$#### based on type or whatever. You can use GPSBabel to convert the GPX file to MapSend or whatever other file format you use on your PC. You can use Watcher (which I write) to do *all sorts* of things (like sorting, viewing, searching, filtering, etc). And those are just the beginning.

(In other words, come ask in the geocaching chat about the various things you can do with Pocket Queries. We can convince anyone, given enough time, and if we can't, I'll add more features to Watcher. icon_wink.gif)