Garmin Oregon and Wherigo

GeoStoney

Hey all,

i am using the Garmin Oregon 450 and I have a problem with a Wherigo cartdridge: I copied the puzzle to the /Wherigo/ folder of my device and after playing, i removed the .gwc file. The cartdridge is still displayed in the Wherigo menu and I can still play it. That's strange: How can I still play a puzzle which does not exist on my device anymore?

So I deleted everything from my device which could cause that problem. My /Wherigo/ folder on the device is empty except the two subfolders /Logs/ and /Saves/. I did not change anything in the /Garmin/ folder as I did not want to mess anything up. The SD card just contains my Topopgraphical map, nothing else. Can anybody help me with this problem?

Thanks!

Chris

een reactie op een telefoon met Garmin belgie, ik had een garmin oregon 550T maar door omstandigheden is deze stuk geraakt, ik kocht mij een nieuwe garmin oregon maar de 600. deze heeft geen Wherigo applicatie en software meer. bij garmin heeft men mij gezegt dat deze appl. en software er is afgehaald daar ze bijna niet gebruikt word. maar bij de geocachers zijn ze nog steeds te laden op de gps.

mijn vraag luid : waarom kan deze appl. en software er niet terug opgezet worden?

Hey all,

i am using the Garmin Oregon 450 and I have a problem with a Wherigo cartdridge: I copied the puzzle to the /Wherigo/ folder of my device and after playing, i removed the .gwc file. The cartdridge is still displayed in the Wherigo menu and I can still play it. That's strange: How can I still play a puzzle which does not exist on my device anymore?

So I deleted everything from my device which could cause that problem. My /Wherigo/ folder on the device is empty except the two subfolders /Logs/ and /Saves/. I did not change anything in the /Garmin/ folder as I did not want to mess anything up. The SD card just contains my Topopgraphical map, nothing else. Can anybody help me with this problem?

Thanks!

Chris

Can I reactivate this as I am having exactly the same problem. I have tried updating the firmware and then doing a hard reset, but this does not delete my generated information on the Garmin 450t (Caches as well as Wherigo). Anyone got a solution?

Thanks

Edited by Free Timers

If the Oregon is the same as the Colorado, you'll have to connect it to your computer and remove the GPX and GWC files manually. The Oregon should have a directory called "Garmin". Go into that and you should see a directory called "GPX". You might even see one called "Wherigo". I'm not as familiar with the Oregon's directory structure, but I know it's a tad different from the Colorado's.

If the Oregon is the same as the Colorado, you'll have to connect it to your computer and remove the GPX and GWC files manually. The Oregon should have a directory called "Garmin". Go into that and you should see a directory called "GPX". You might even see one called "Wherigo". I'm not as familiar with the Oregon's directory structure, but I know it's a tad different from the Colorado's.

Thank you for your reply.

However the problem is I had already removed the .gwc file by doing exactly as you suggest (yes, there is a "Wherigo" in the Oregon directory). However the cartridge is still displayed in the Wherigo menu on the GPS after it is disconnected from the computer and can still be played. When I re-connect to the computer the /Wherigo/ folder on the device is empty except the two subfolders "Logs" and "Saves". Even when I delete these as well when I turn the GPS back on as a stand alone the cartridge is still there.

I am trying to delete the cartridge on a permanent basis, but the .gwc file does not appear to act in the same way as when you delete a ".gpx" file. No problem deleting them.

regards,

Thank you for your reply.

However the problem is I had already removed the .gwc file by doing exactly as you suggest (yes, there is a "Wherigo" in the Oregon directory). However the cartridge is still displayed in the Wherigo menu on the GPS after it is disconnected from the computer and can still be played. When I re-connect to the computer the /Wherigo/ folder on the device is empty except the two subfolders "Logs" and "Saves". Even when I delete these as well when I turn the GPS back on as a stand alone the cartridge is still there.

I am trying to delete the cartridge on a permanent basis, but the .gwc file does not appear to act in the same way as when you delete a ".gpx" file. No problem deleting them.

regards,

Have you by chance tried removing the batteries from the GPS to make sure that anything that could be in the GPS memory is erased?

I had the same problem and just solved the issue. I deleted all the Wherigo caches and left my Oregon GPS connected to my computer. I then emptied the trash on my computer and all the old Wherigo caches disappeared from my GPS. Hope that works for you as it did for me.

Curt

jaguars96

Hey all,

Thanks!

Chris