GeoCoin Help Needed

WeightMan

I was just in contact with a person who is not a cacher. Someone had found a geocoin and asked him to place it. Not knowing it had to go into a cache, it was left in a hiding hole at the top of Mount Si. I have a rough set of coords for it as well as some pictures of the hiding hole and a video showing the hiding hole followed by the general area. The coin is this one. I might add that the grab log was accidentally deleted, but it does show as in the hands of this person.

If anyone can help rescue this coin and get it into a cache, please let me know. I will email you the specific information that I have.

We spent a good hour to 90 minutes exploring the area from the initial lunch spot summit to the Haystack. The video is definitely at the favored lunch area just as you reach the favorite stopping location for lunch. Too many people even in this crappy weather made it impossible to explore every nook. Specifically we were looking for the correct angle to the trees with the rock formation in the foreground which would have lead us to that white rectangular rock in the trail.

For anyone following behind us, there's no need to go towards Haystack on a maybe it's there approach. The tree formation doesn't match at all except at the popular lunch spot.

My daughter and I were probably within 50 feet of the coin.

Edited by TotemLake

Yes I stumbled across it!

Just by dumb luck, my wife wanted to step away from the trail to sit down before we went back down to the car, and I looked over and saw the coin. At first I thought it may be a set of car keys.

I'm not a cacher, or even heard of this website. My curiosity was peaked by the coin, which led me here. We will be going out again soon, so I will place it in another cache.

Yes I stumbled across it!

Just by dumb luck, my wife wanted to step away from the trail to sit down before we went back down to the car, and I looked over and saw the coin. At first I thought it may be a set of car keys.

I'm not a cacher, or even heard of this website. My curiosity was peaked by the coin, which led me here. We will be going out again soon, so I will place it in another cache.

Again, very cool. ust remember the cache is an actual container and not just a location like the way you found it. :)

Edited by TotemLake