Previewing unapproved caches

georgeandmary

quote:
My e-mail to Jeremy:

Jeremy,

I am contacting you to ask for some clarification on why we are no longer able to see caches that have not been approved. I respect that the GC site is your site, and you can do as you choose with it.

Many of us on the forums have noticed/mentioned this, and I don't recall anyone "liking" the change. Perhaps an explanation could at least help us to see where you are coming from.

quote:
His replyicon_frown.gifI couldn't find the e-mail, but the general thought was):

He has received many requests to make this change and he feel those requests have merit.

He didn't go into explaining why; but, as I mentioned in my e-mail: It's his site, so I guess he can do what he wants. Them's the perks when you're the "Big Dog". icon_razz.gif

7996_300.jpg

Greg

N 39° 54.705'

W 77° 33.137'

quote:
My e-mail to Jeremy:

Jeremy,

I am contacting you to ask for some clarification on why we are no longer able to see caches that have not been approved. I respect that the GC site is your site, and you can do as you choose with it.

Many of us on the forums have noticed/mentioned this, and I don't recall anyone "liking" the change. Perhaps an explanation could at least help us to see where you are coming from.

quote:
His reply:(I couldn't find the e-mail, but the general thought was):

He has received many requests to make this change and he feel those requests have merit.

He didn't go into explaining why; but, as I mentioned in my e-mail: It's his site, so I guess he can do what he wants. Them's the perks when you're the "Big Dog". icon_razz.gif

7996_300.jpg

Greg

N 39° 54.705'

W 77° 33.137'

quote:
Originally posted by Scott Thomason:

Maybe it could be a member's only feature?

I don't see why that's necessary. This is a feature everybody used to have that has gone away. The game was supposed to stay the same for nonmembers. Instead, features are disappearing, and caches are disappearing (being converted to MOC).