How did this Geocacher log my TB?

SoloSeekers ヅ

I have a Cachekinz TB # TB355W9 Catepillar Cachekinz, that I recently received notice from Geocaching.com, on June 5th, that Livmackfam dropped it off at Mark Twain cave cache in Hannibal, Mo. This Geocacher "Livmackfam" did not log it properly to move it out of their possession into the cache. But in looking at this cache it is an Earth Cache, GC1B2F4, so it would be impossible to have left it at the location. Plus, when I looked at their profile (Livmackfam), they have only visited caches in the Florida area and have not logged onto geocaching.com since April??? I don't understand how they posted a note stating they had dropped my TB on June 5th, since they have not logged onto geocaching.com website since April? Can anyone explain this? I did write them and asked them about dropping my TB in an Earth cache? But have not received a response. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this?

There was a bug, that if you logged via iphone, the last log on date didn't work.

And it seems they may be 'Late Loggers'

Also. Send them an email. They haven't 'Dropped' the TB (Well they may have placed it in a cache, but they haven't logged it as 'Dropped' only as left it in the cache via the Note.)

The TB is still recorded as 'In the hands of... May be worth sending them the link on How to Log a TB.

Or, as TB owner, you could log it in to the cache...

Groundspeak implemented 'Visit' for trackables, so they could visit Earthcaches. Whilst you can't 'Drop' a trackable, they can 'Visit' and get the credit -miles- for the visit.

My guess is they are on holiday...

Edited by Bear and Ragged

There was a bug, that if you logged via iphone, the last log on date didn't work.

And it seems they may be 'Late Loggers'

Also. Send them an email. They haven't 'Dropped' the TB (Well they may have placed it in a cache, but they haven't logged it as 'Dropped' only as left it in the cache via the Note.)

The TB is still recorded as 'In the hands of... May be worth sending them the link on How to Log a TB.

Or, as TB owner, you could log it in to the cache...

I realize that they may not know how to log TB's, since it appears mine is the only one they have retrieved. But the cache they noted dropping it into, is an Earth Cache with no physical cache container at the location. So I don't want to drop it into this cache. I did email them, on the 5th, but have not received a response.

I don't understand how they posted a note stating they had dropped my TB on June 5th, since they have not logged onto geocaching.com website since April? Can anyone explain this?

If you visit GC.com via Geocaching App on your smart phone, the site doesn't show your visit. Also you can see Premium Member Only caches without showing in the audit log. I believe this to be a bug.

Having used the Geocaching App on my Android phone, I can relate, that it might be tricky to log caches and trackables properly. The few times, I used the app, I posted field notes. I wouldn't log a find, it just takes much too long to type, if you're usually writing with ten finges... I have forgotten the sentence by the time I typed it on my phone...

I'm surprised, that it might be possible to log a trackable via phone into an virtual cache, though.

If you log on a computer, there is only the option to have the trackable visiting the cache.

Having used the Geocaching App on my Android phone, I can relate, that it might be tricky to log caches and trackables properly. The few times, I used the app, I posted field notes. I wouldn't log a find, it just takes much too long to type, if you're usually writing with ten finges... I have forgotten the sentence by the time I typed it on my phone...

I was unaware of the glitch with regard to logging by Smart phones. I will simply wait a couple more weeks and then ask them again. Hopefully, they will have figured it out by then, or possibly someone else will grab my traveler and log it properly.

They seem to be quite new to caching and may not have all the bells and whistles figured out. Send them a link to the how to log a geocoin and explain that the tracking system is showing your trackable still in their hands in spite of the note they dropped it in Twain's Cave. They are just back from a year in Afghanistan so go easy on them.