Problem with map graphics and DirecPC connection

Choachy

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue or not?

Connection with with 2 way satellite internet service with DirecPC/Direcway. Seems to work great with any other sites, except a small problem with the cache pages here.

On each cache page, both the large and small map graphics do not show up, but as missing images. Right clicking, and show picture does not work. Maybe 1 out of 10 tries will show the graphic.

Its not a computer specific problem, because the computer has been completely formatted twice since this was originally noticed(not formatted due to this problem).

And now that I think about it, it will not show pictures under user profiles either, but other site graphics show up. Yes its strange. No other software is being run. Winxp sp1, IE 6, no firewall software. And as Im typing this(its a friend's computer that is having the trouble), I thought to have him try Mozilla, or even Netscape. icon_mad.gif

But if anyone has experienced this, or has a satellite connection with problems or no problems, I would like some feedback.

My time, your time is limited, but time itself is unlimited.

I don't believe its a problem with geocaching.com. I have a satellite connection as well(, and not really happy about the speed and service but thats another issue entirely). I've encountered the problem of pictures not loading on other sites as well. I believe the problem lies with the land-based station that processes the pages that we (satellite users) access. I think the problem is that the loading of external files (pics, maps, etc) to geocaching.com servers times out when accessed via satellite. Maybe to make it more clearer - the land-based station doesn't visit the children of the parent page if the children live elsewhere.

With this being said, hopefully DSL or cable will be available in my area when my contract ends in June.