Terrain Level Classification Definitions

GO Geiger

Could someone sum up what the different terrain levels are classified as?? For example I would consider a 1 would be flat ground and I assume a level 5 may be like climbing a mountain face. How are the other levels in between defined so that I can better search for caches more appropriate for different members of the family. For example a level 5 would not be good for my 3 year old but may be ok for the adults in the family.

Thanks for your help

Could someone sum up what the different terrain levels are classified as?? For example I would consider a 1 would be flat ground and I assume a level 5 may be like climbing a mountain face. How are the other levels in between defined so that I can better search for caches more appropriate for different members of the family. For example a level 5 would not be good for my 3 year old but may be ok for the adults in the family.

Thanks for your help

This would be a good place to figure it out: http://www.geocaching.com/hide/rate.aspx