States Pages - This STINKS

Prime Suspect

Going to take a trip through Oklahoma in a few days, and wanted to grab a list of caches in the state so I could plot them in Street Atlas. Guess what? Can't do it any more. GEE, THANKS! I'm so glad I spend money to support this website, so I can have functionally that I need taken away.

With the exception of the listings for local caching groups, the new state pages are USELESS. The list of local groups should have their own page, and the state pages should be returned to their former format.

3608_1400.gif

The ENTIRE State??? WOW! Pretty adventurous, aren't you?

*Knock knock* Hello, McFly??

Gee, with just two mouse clicks, I was able to get the listing of caches in the Tulsa Area. But wait, there's more. I also plan on visiting Del City. This is NO different than before.

I happen to like the new page. No more looking up zip codes. The Map is still there too. If I could change on thing, I would say that PERHAPS and link to ALL caches in the state would be okay, but keep the rest.

Bear & Ting

I thought I was a little off, then I looked at my GPS and discovered I accurate to 12 ft.

Geocachers don't NEED to ask for directions!

quote:
Originally posted by Bear & Ting:

The ENTIRE State??? WOW! Pretty adventurous, aren't you?

Yes I am.

I'm going from Texas to northern Oklahoma (and later, Arkansas and possibly Missouri), and since I have the time, the route to get there is pretty open. That means I can adjust my route to take me by any caches that interest me. Of course, that's a little difficult to do now. The hit-and-miss method you proposed will obviously not cut it.

3608_1400.gif

Thanks for the constructive criticism. icon_rolleyes.gif

You can still do an entire state search from the "other search options" link. For the majority of users, a full state search is unnecessary. As a result it makes more sense to do a proximity search for them.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

You can still do an entire state search from the "other search options" link.

I hereby retract any negative comments I've made about the new state-search function. Well done.

(I swear that I tried that before when I clicked on the "other search options" link and then the state, it sent me right back to the new state-search page in an endless loop. Anyway, I'm glad the full-state search is still there.)

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

(I swear that I tried that before when I clicked on the "other search options" link and then the state, it sent me right back to the new state-search page in an endless loop.

It did... I tried it last night in hopes of the original state search being available from the advanced search page, but it looped me back to the new state page.

Now today I see it working the way I had hoped icon_smile.gif

Jeremy, thanks for a great new state search page IN ADDITION to the original state search many of us love. THANKS!!!

Member:

banner-small.gif

For California, it shows no caches newer than 10/29. The old search shows that some were placed yesterday (10/30).

Another note: it might be useful, at least for California, to show (or have an option to show) more than the most recent 10 because I know there are days when more than 10 caches get placed in California.

--

I'm off in my own little world. That's okay, people know me here.