Wherigo In The World Is Garmin Sandiego?

GeoEskimo

I will start with a description of the Wherigo so you can understand a few "behind the scenes" items. This should make the game easier for you to play, and help you capture Garmin Sandiego as well.

Game Box

Set Up Gameboard

You will need at least 145ft to the north and to the east of you to set up the gameboard. This is always active so you can re-set up the gameboard at any time during the game without affecting your current mission. (i.e. If you misjudged your playing area and you can't get to a location zone.)

Hide/Show Treasures

If you want to see all of the items that can be stolen, you can toggle them on and they will show up in your inventory. Toggle them off again with this same button. I of course left them hidden so your inventory wasn't full of stuff.

Hide/Show Files

If you want to see all of the villain files to see what crooks are in this game, you can toggle them on and they will show up in your inventory. Toggle them off again with this same button.

Instructions

A short description of the game similar to what is described when first starting the game.

After setting up the gameboard, you'll see two more things in your inventory along with the Game Box.

Game Map

This is just a simple layout of where each of the locations are in relation to each other

Mission Folder

Here is where you review you mission. You will see what has been stolen, told that a male or female suspect was seen at the scene of the crime, given a time limit (which really means how many actions you can do) to catch the crook before you're reassigned to a new mission, and then told where the villain was last seen.

After viewing your Mission Folder, you will then see two more items in your inventory, and Groundspeak Headquarters in your locations.

Mission Timer

This will show you how many hours (actions) you have left in your mission. Your "time" will decrease by one hour every time you ask for a clue, check the HQ Database to try and obtain a warrant, or travel to a new location.

Travel Station

Here is where you will go whenever you are ready to go to a new location. When you first start a mission and it tells you where your villain was last seen, that location will be the only option for you to travel to. During your mission, the Travel Station will show a random few selections of where you can travel next. You may want to travel somewhere that is not shown, so you'll have to travel to a different location first and then come back to the travel station to see if your desired location is then available.

Groundspeak Headquarters

Going to Groundspeak Headquarters does not count against your time as traveling, and is always available so you can obtain a warrant when you feel you have enough clues (generally two are sufficient).

HQ Database

When you walk into the Groundspeak Headquarters zone, the HQ Database will show up in the "You See" section on the main screen. This is where you get your warrant.

Tip: You do not have to actually walk to each location to be able to use the travel station again! You can travel to many different locations within the Travel Station without ever taking a step, but you will have to walk into a location to be able to ask for clues there.

Tip: You will travel to two different locations looking for clues, and at the third location you travel to, you will find the villain. Remember, Groundspeak Headquarters doesn't count against your time as traveling, and it doesn't count as one of the three locations where your villain went.

After you select a location to travel to, it will show up in your locations and on your map. (Make sure your zoom level is appropriate to see the 145ft gameboard.) You will now want to walk into the zone for that location so you can ask for clues. Four "helpers" will then show up in your "You See" area (on the main screen).

Local Cacher

The Local Cacher will either tell you the hobby your villain mentioned, or give you a hint for the next location your villain went.

Local Muggle

The Local Muggle will either tell you the hair color of your villain, or give you a hint for the next location your villain went.

Local Webcams

The webcams will either tell you about something your villain is wearing, or give you a hint for the next location your villain went.

Cell Phone

The PAF will either tell you the type of vehicle your villain is driving, or give you a hint for the next location your villain went.

Tip: Was I repetitive enough? You need to pay attention to your clues because one or more of the helpers will give you a hint for the next location your villain went. The game will actually keep track of which attributes you have discovered, but you need to figure out and remember the next location so you can travel there.

Tip: You may have noticed, there are four helpers you see, and four attributes about the villain that will help you get a warrant. In the programming, each helper is assigned a specific attribute (see the helpers above), and will never give you an attribute that is assigned to another helper. (i.e. The PAF will never give you hair color, only the vehicle your crook is driving.)

Tip: These are helpful tips for those not from the Seattle area or who are new to geocaching. The Science Center is located at the Seattle Center. The actual name of the A.P.E. Cache is "Mission 9: Tunnel of Light", and is located just off I-90 in western Washington, close to the Snoqualmie Tunnel. The Fremont Troll is under the Aurora Bridge. GeoWoodstock is the only Mega Event in this game.

Edited by GeoEskimo

I loaded this cartridge onto a Monterra and the distances on the gameboard seem whacky. Instead of the 145ft square, the far corner on the diagonal is about .35mi away. There must be some conversion issue using the android app when going to locations in the game. I installed the whereyougo program and used the pocketpc cartridge as recommended. I also tried the oregon cart but got the same distance issue. I wonder if someone has any suggestions? I have not tried any other games yet and I can play this on my oregon so it is not a show stopper for me but perhaps it would be good to know for the long run.