Pocket Queries distances hosed?

wampa

My latest PQ seems a bit odd.

I search from my home area code (02829), and I get caches that are close to home, but the distance shows up as over 6000km. When I sort them by distance, the actual closest caches show up near the middle of the list.

When I do a regular search, I get all of the caches in the correct order, and with the correct distances.

Help?

- Wampa

My Monday results were worse. I used the other zipcode for "village" in town (02814) and the results yielded caches that I have never seen before - all with distances of 6036KM or greater. I know that there are caches closer to that zipcode, even minus the 6000KM.

I'm trying via exact coordinates now, as opposed to zip code.

- Wampa

wampa, what are you using to sort the caches and view them once your Pocket Query has arrived? This almost sounds like the "home" coordinates in whatever that application is are set incorrectly.

quote:
Originally posted by smithdw:

Sounds like a sign error (+/-) in a number somewhere, either latitude or longitude getting the wrong sign. 6000km is about the diameter of the Earth.

Actually, it's about 12,700km, but I agree that this sounds like a sign error.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

ARRGH!

Moun10Bike, that was exactly it. I'm using GpxView on an Ipaq. I looked at the settings, and my home coords were waaaay off. Set them to the correct ones, and POOF!

Open mouth, insert foot. Time for this noob to RTFM. :-)

Thanks for all your help guys. Jeremy, scratch this one as an either BCAK or an ID-10-T error.

Well along similar lines, is anyone having trouble getting your queries even sent out? I for one have not had my most recent one sent out. It is scheduled for Mondays..... here is it late Tues afternoon and so far no query... It could be me, maybe not....

--------------------------------------------------

"If you ever go temporarily insane, don't shoot somebody, like a lot of people do. Instead, try to get some weeding done, because you'd really be surprised." - Jack Handy