Member Referrals

Dub.

I was thinking....

On the new user page, why not include a field "referred by"? This field could be used to track who referrs new geocachers to the website and sport. And what would be even neater...the ability to view your referral tree! Meaning, you can look at who you referred, and who they referred, and so on. Maybe even a reverse referral--the ability to look at who referred you to this site and who referred them, etc.

I just think that would be very cool.

PS...I didn't research the topic very well before posting, Markwell me if you must!

I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people in the world. I'm just saying that we should remove all the warning labels from everything and let the problem take care of itself. http://jeremy.qn.net/

Kinda neat idea...but my "tree" would be just a tiny island all by itself. I found this site myself (so I wasn't referred), and I haven't found anyone else who doesn't think it's a geeky waste of time!

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

My tree would be strange. I read about this site somewhere but forgot about it. Then while boared one day my brain regurgitated the information and I plugged it into my browser. In all honesty I can't recall where I read it though I suspect it was InQuest.

I have spawned a few geocachers; mostly out of sheer persistance.

That's another good idea...the ability to track websites that refer people. So it could be a website or person...maybe we should add a few others like "Found first cache accidentally" Advertisement, etc.

I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people in the world. I'm just saying that we should remove all the warning labels from everything and let the problem take care of itself. http://jeremy.qn.net/

quote:
Originally posted by Brian - Team A.I.:

So, at least in this realm, would a tree that goes in a straight line be considered 'weird'? icon_wink.gif

Brian

Team A.I.

Hey, are you referring to my family tree? icon_biggrin.gif

If you get lost while geocaching, don't worry. Someone else will get lost while geocaching and find you. icon_wink.gif