The "what would you do?" cointest!

EyeD10T

I would like to hear your best geocaching story. Something special or meaningful that happened on the trail, or a challenge that you overcame, or the time you got hurt, or whatever.

Since it would be really hard to pick a 'best', it would have to be by random drawing as to who would win. Cointest would run for 1 week, 1 post per person per day.

There were a lot of great cointest ideas - I appreciate everyone for participating and I hope to see many of these cointests' played out in the future. My wife, the kids, and I each made a list and then we compared - with all of these great ideas, we have decided to pick 3 winners for this cointest. Here are the entries that we chose (In submitted order):

------------------------------

The cointest would be called "Get Your Geek On!" The mission, to share your geekiest moments, pictures, collections,ect., that were just plain "geeky". High school pictures, (esp. club photos like chess club, yearbook staff...cmon...you know it was geeky, to receive extra consideration,) comic book collections, dead bug collections, ect.

The cointest will be coming later in the fall or early winter, when going geocaching gets to be a little harder...for now, be warned...I wll be asking for the geocoin forum to get your geek on!

With one of us being a professional photographer and the other being the unofficial assistant, our lives and hobbies (geocaching, SCUBA diving, etc.) are engrossed in photography. We realize that not everyone is a professional photographer or has formal training, but we always encourage people to pick up a camera and tell their story! Our idea for a cointest would be a picture cointest with the objective being to tell your story of geocaching in one photograph. Your creativity is your boundary with this. We encourage thoughtfulness, and we aren't looking for certain parameters. We leave it open, so you have the ability to express yourself.

I would like to see a cointest where people come up with a really really lame reason(s) why they need to have this geocoin.

For example, I just got divorced and my exwife took half my geocoin collection. I am trying to replenish my stock. OR... I was abducted by aliens when I was out geocaching in the woods. After they were done probing me they sent me back to earth but they kept my backpack that had all my geocoins in it.

Congratulations to drneal, Fstop64, and Boiler-todd. I will contact you shortly to get your mailing address.

Thank you everyone for all of the great ideas.

Thank you for a great cointest, it has been really interesting and entertaining to read all the entries, and the 3 future cointests will also be great to participate in and be very entertaining as well, am sure. :D Thanks for everyone who joined in with this, there's a lot of good ideas around, hope to see a lot more of these cointests (but not all at once!) :lol:

thanks for a fun cointest...in the past, I've always posted a picture of myself...this upcoming cointest will not be the exception. I'm also beginning to gather some additional prizes...let's say, standard geek equipment. thank you again EyeD10t.

ILYK