Appeal Process for Cache Approval

hydrashok407

Wow!!! is this getting out of hand or what? I personaly do not see the problem on getting this approved. When I checked into the office at Hidden Paradise, I told them of my intentions to do the Geocaches in the area, and to find the underwater cache. They told me that if I could not find it ,they would give me the coordinates. They charge the fee to dive the lake wether you are there to cache or not.It just so happens that I like doing both sports.

The owners of the campground and lake are divers also. They understand that if you are a diver or just a cacher, you will be on their property and are therefor a liability in case of an accident. And in this sue happy world of ours, they are charging the fee and making you sign the waiver to protect you as well as themselves. Diving is a dangerous sport, if you don't follow the rules and are not properly trained.

I personaly had a wonderful time at the campground, they offered me all the help I wanted or needed. I am planning on returning with other non diver cachers, and diving buddies alike. I am sure they will find the campground and Lake as much fun as I did.

We could use more cache sites like this,just so long as we also offer non divers a way to get the coordinates. I am willing to buddy up with any non divers and go anywhere I can to help find underwater caches.

Mike Goff

Alzhemers Transporters

wiba@accs.net

Well. After a couple of emails to the right people (contact@Groundspeak.com), and a little bit of reviewing, this cache has been approved.

I don't know what to say? Thanks, Groundspeak, and thanks approvers for giving this cache reconsideration. Thanks to cachers and divers for going to bat on this one.

I think I'm now infatuated with Hydee, so maybe I should go out and find something else to antagonize her about? icon_wink.gif (just kidding, JUST KIDDING!)

-=Jerry A. Goodson=- W5BFF aka hydrashok407

"Real peace is not just the absence of conflict, it's the presence of justice" - http://www.hydrashok.com

Clear Springs SCUBA Cache
quote:
The park is spring-fed, which is GREAT for visibility. There are several attractions sunk in the lake like a coffin, a boat, and an alligator. The shark is the greatest attraction right now. They will soon be sinking a commercial airline fuselage as soon as they finish getting it prepared. There are a couple of thermoclines, the first being tolerable by most with just a 3mm Shorty. The second (around 40 feet) requires some good warm neoprene to be tolerable. The shark is around 25 feet deep, and a 3mm shorty should do just fine for this cache.
This is a cool cache!

Two comments --

(1) it seems to make sense to point out the need for SCUBA certification, for the safety of persons who might want to find the cache

(2) perhaps you could be flexible and put the cache in another location with the same type of setting, challenges, etc. It may seem like giving in, but the end result is you have a great underwater cache that folks can start to enjoy sooner...

uhhh Hikemeister... follow the link, the cache was approved! Yay for Scubacachers! Thank you Hydrashok for your patience and cooperation. The approver originally archived your cache because that's what we are told to do for commercial caches... they require approval from headquarters. You made your case and got that approval. Good show.

Keystone Approver

PADI certified open-water diver since 1990 and fairly friendly Admin

--------------------

frog.gif Signal says, "Drink the Kool-Aid!" frog.gif

I must apologize to my approver. Not realizing he wasn't the one who made the decision to not approve my cache in the first place, I got a little short with him in email. I thought about apologizing to him via email, but I'm sincere, and I want to do it publicly. I don't know if he reads the forums, but I hope he sees this...

...can I have some Kool-Aid with my crow? icon_smile.gif

-=Jerry A. Goodson=- W5BFF aka hydrashok407

"Real peace is not just the absence of conflict, it's the presence of justice" - http://www.hydrashok.com

quote:
Originally posted by hydrashok407:

I must apologize to my approver. Not realizing he wasn't the one who made the decision to not approve my cache in the first place, I got a little short with him in email. I thought about apologizing to him via email, but I'm sincere, and I want to do it publicly. I don't know if he reads the forums, but I hope he sees this...

...can I have some Kool-Aid with my crow? icon_smile.gif

I know he does and it is appreciated by all of us.

I'm happy everything worked out for this cache. Looks like a fun one.

I have nothing but goods things to say about my local admin(ILAdmin). He/She has been very pleasant, and at times, helpful to work with.

GF

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

logo_small.jpg