Custom Stamp

I had one custom made from Stamp Connection. No trouble, quick turn-around, good service (I had a few questions before I ordered). I picked them pretty much at random based on price and selection.

There's one or two geocaching / geocoin stores that also does stamps but I've no experience with them.

I've also ordered the free one from VistaPrint (you pay s&h, about $5). Few customization option - text only, but can't beat the price.

Please do not use your stamp on my (or anyone else's) micro log and take up 3-4-5 lines when you can just sign with the pen you certainly brought with you. You did bring a pen, didn't you?

The one I had made is a self inking stamper, and prints a circle about 1/4" in diameter. Doesn't take up much space in a logbook. I don't use it much though, unless I'm sitting down somewhere, and it is a good sized logbook, since I have to take out my pen to write the date anyway.

I am also a big part of WheresGeorge.com (tracking currency, for those who don't know). We use stamps to write the URL on dollars, and dollars go through logs of crap, so it has to be one that holds up. Basically everyone uses Stamp Connection there. Their stamps really hold up nicely, plus the customer service is second to none. If you e-mail them your "design" for the stamp if it's more than just text, they will help optimize it to work great on a stamp.

Stamps are great for full-size logbooks! The more custom the better. :)

Please do not use your stamp on my (or anyone else's) micro log and take up 3-4-5 lines when you can just sign with the pen you certainly brought with you. You did bring a pen, didn't you?

Sorry AZ but this brings up a sore point for me.

This is why we get fewer and fewer notes in a logbook - COs discourage creativity and community for the sake of fewer maintenance visits. I've been so tempted to use up more then one line in a microlog with my 1/2" stamp, especially those micrologs where you can barely squeeze in your trailname and date and I'm not talking nanos - I'm talking film canisters/pill bottles/small lock n locks and now I'm seeing them in regular size caches too.

Sorry AZ but this brings up a sore point for me.

This is why we get fewer and fewer notes in a logbook - COs discourage creativity and community for the sake of fewer maintenance visits. I've been so tempted to use up more then one line in a microlog with my 1/2" stamp, especially those micrologs where you can barely squeeze in your trailname and date and I'm not talking nanos - I'm talking film canisters/pill bottles/small lock n locks and now I'm seeing them in regular size caches too.

We agree with Lone R. There are times when I think putting simply the YEAR on a log is too much due to the

space limitations and being told "not to take up so much space". Why have people sign a log - something the

CO hopes to keep and look at often - if you can't even read or make out what or who signed?

I have a custom stamp that is a Green Line brand Printer 20 2000 Plus with two lines of text and it takes

up very little room but is very readable.

I've been looking for something myself for letterboxes.

I haven't seen any sites that I could give them a LOGO and have a stamp made of that LOGO ((my username logo).

You're not working too hard looking. I found a 'lot' of such places. Try a lookup on google of "custom stamps" and you'll get lots of hits of all types.

I got my custom stamp for $15.95 in about ten days from rubberstamps.net but I didn't do a logo. They support those too if you pay a little more. FWIW, I'm very happy with their service and they seem to have an excellent 200+ reviews on google.

18bdb521-df05-47ba-981a-df9a2bfc6ac7.jpg

Edited by vds

I've been looking for something myself for letterboxes.

I haven't seen any sites that I could give them a LOGO and have a stamp made of that LOGO ((my username logo).

Take thee to www.stamp-connection.com they do great work and stand behind what they do. Have had many a stamp made by them. They can work with the artwork you send to them.

Edited by Cliff's Notes

The personal stamp idea is great, but many of my log books have been trashed by them taking up enough space for 6-8 more users to sign. Keep them in Letterboxing or larger log books.

The personal stamp idea is great, but many of my log books have been trashed by them taking up enough space for 6-8 more users to sign. Keep them in Letterboxing or larger log books.

My stamp is a small round stamp that generally takes up a line and a half of college ruled paper. I position the stamp so it takes up my line and encroaches on any wasted area of the signature above.

I am looking into a stamp design that will fill a one liner, maybe even with a select-a-date feature.

The important thing is to find a balance. I also have seen a few caches that I have passed on stamping, and one or two that I passed on signing as well. Imagine a 4x4 lock-n-lock with one scroll that would rattle around in a film canister with room to spare, and the sheet was full! Both sides were full, and I did not have any old receipts or bits of paper in my pocket to add to the log.

Pretty soon the old mantra "remember to bring a pen" will be joined by the "remember to bring scratch paper in case the small logbook in the giant cache is full"

See: http://forums.Ground...dpost&p=4737056

Pretty soon the old mantra "remember to bring a pen" will be joined by the "remember to bring scratch paper in case the small logbook in the giant cache is full"

Ughhhh. Logsheets in every cache size is starting to become a trend. The quality of the cache diminishes when a CO won't spend a few cents on a notepad (4/$1 at the dollar store). If the logbook doesn't matter, may as well play Munzee instead.