Rubbish Geocaches

In urban areas it's often the case that film pots are about as big as you can get away with, and sometimes even too big to get away with, but it always seems a shame when you get a suburban or rural area and the best someone manages is a film pot on the back of a sign.

I'd rather the film pot was on the back of a sign, than at the base of a post, which is used by all the local dogs to mark their territory... :huh:

In urban areas it's often the case that film pots are about as big as you can get away with, and sometimes even too big to get away with, but it always seems a shame when you get a suburban or rural area and the best someone manages is a film pot on the back of a sign.

I'd rather the film pot was on the back of a sign, than at the base of a post, which is used by all the local dogs to mark their territory... :huh:

Found a few at the base of signs, a couple wet and I am always going to think of this post now as I approach a doggy toilet!

There is that, of course...

I found a film pot on the back of a green junction box a while back. Trouble was the back of the green junction box seemed to be where all the local dumped their banana skins and other generally degradable and smelly rubbish. Fortunately the cache was accessible without digging through it all but it wasn't one I'd rate overly highly.

Lots of people suggesting we just ignore the rubbish caches. All well and good but it's not solely that they're irritating - they also serve to stop someone else laying a cache within 1/10th of a mile. Just an observation. Sorry if I'm repeating what's already been said, I'm surfing the forums when I really ought to be in bed!