No new caches being approved

King Boreas

I wonder if it has anything to do with the GCID being all the way up to at least GCF495 (according to the last approved cache on the front page...)

But it doesn't seem that other states are affected....

----------------------------------

MnGCA-button.gif

----------------------------------

"The number you have reached is imaginary, please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again... <beeeeep>"

Keep in mind that in order to deal with local park restrictions a lot of the cache approving has been regionalized. I'm away from home in a hotel room so I don't have my nifty color coded map in front of me, but I know there is an approver dedicated to that part of the country. It's possible that he or she is off on a business trip like me.

Or maybe Jeremy sent him or her to Minnesota in the company Lear Jet to personally check out the caches to be sure they meet the guidelines. I keep hoping he'll send me on a field trip to check on a lame virtual in Hawaii. Dream on erik....

erik - geocaching.com admin

quote:
Originally posted by ~erik~:

Or maybe Jeremy sent him or her to Minnesota in the company Lear Jet to personally check out the caches to be sure they meet the guidelines. I keep hoping he'll send me on a field trip to check on a lame virtual in Hawaii. Dream on erik....

Oh, is THAT why mtn-man was up here logging newly approved caches this weekend?

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Hey Erik, how come I got you instead of 9key? He's here in Texas while you're way the heck across the country in Ga.

"Santa knows who's been naughty, Santa knows who's been nice....."

It just took awhile for him to reward you. icon_wink.gif

PS - sometimes the approvers will ask for help from outside their area - like if they're overwhelmed with the volume, are away on vacation, or whatever....

[This message was edited by Elias on April 10, 2003 at 12:36 PM.]

King Boreas,

Sorry for the delay in answering, I just now found this thread. I can explain the delays over 4/7-9... I was having to dial in from a hotel (very low speeds, graphics turned off) during breaks at a conference I was speaking at, so I was not as fast as usual. But... I never went over the 48 hours stated on the web site.

Prior to 4/7 though, I was working the queue a minimum of once a day, so I can't explain how you had cache waiting from 4/1... no idea.

If you hit these kind of problems again, please feel free to email me through geocaching.com, or reply to any direct emails you might still have from me. Maybe we can figure it out together icon_smile.gif

________

-Alan

I had two caches approved in under an hour today!!!! Kudo's to the approvers.

I barely had finished spellchecking the cache descriptions and (blammo) they were approved. I put notes in the caches for the approvers to help the process along (and clarify any potential issues in advance), it seemed to help.

There is a difference between happiness and wisdom: he that thinks himself the happiest man is really so; but he that thinks himself the wisest is generally the greatest fool. Sir Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626)