Coin Spotlight Mission

sheltiedogshowlover

OK, here is the story of our party:

last week I came home from work and I found a package wrapped in Happy Birthday paper.

0087191olij7mst58.jpg

Eh??? No one had recently or was about to have birthday! On the outside of the package there was an envelope with a card inside, which explained everything: the package was my spotlight coin mission from Lifechosser, the spotlight coin is “10 Years of Geocaching Multi Event” and it was written: “enjoy your party in a cache”! I was curious enough to open it immediately and … wow, everything that is needed to have a good party (except the guests) plus the spotlight coin, a Dragon Tails Coin (Nightshade LE) and a frog cachekinz! Look at all the stuff that was included:

00871928onwgajudi.jpg

We decided to do the party with our kids and especially our son could not wait for it. We had so much fun to fire the party poppers, to blow mini bubbles, to play the card games and to eat the sweets. It was really a fun day!!! Here is a picture with the kids just before the party started.

00872073gd5941awx.jpg

Thank you Lifechosser, it was a great great mission with an unforgettable party.

OK, here is the story of our party:

last week I came home from work and I found a package wrapped in Happy Birthday paper.

0087191olij7mst58.jpg

Eh??? No one had recently or was about to have birthday! On the outside of the package there was an envelope with a card inside, which explained everything: the package was my spotlight coin mission from Lifechosser, the spotlight coin is “10 Years of Geocaching Multi Event” and it was written: “enjoy your party in a cache”! I was curious enough to open it immediately and … wow, everything that is needed to have a good party (except the guests) plus the spotlight coin, a Dragon Tails Coin (Nightshade LE) and a frog cachekinz! Look at all the stuff that was included:

00871928onwgajudi.jpg

We decided to do the party with our kids and especially our son could not wait for it. We had so much fun to fire the party poppers, to blow mini bubbles, to play the card games and to eat the sweets. It was really a fun day!!! Here is a picture with the kids just before the party started.

00872073gd5941awx.jpg

Thank you Lifechosser, it was a great great mission with an unforgettable party.

Very cool mission! I think it's great that you through the party and had a wonderful day with your kids as a result of this mission!

I cant wait to receive my packages :)

Just wondering, is there anyone who has yet to send out their packages? I'm just wondering how much I should be stalking the mail lady :laughing:

(OK i'll be truthful here, i'm stalking her already for reply cards for the wedding)

EDITED TO ADD: Speak of the devil!! Luna alerted me to the mail lady lingering around the back gate long enough for me to get out there and sign for the package. See next post :D

Edited by MoonCat & KDT

I was actually just getting ready to leave to pick up some crackers for my lunch when I grabbed this package (and effectively forgot about the crackers... im still hungry lol)

I have never received a 'flat' mission before, but this has to be the most incredible mission ever!!! When I pulled it out i realized I had to relocate to get real pictures of it.

So, everyone, welcome to my bathroom. :laughing:

DSC_0392.jpg

This mission was built around one of my most sought after coins, the 2007 Compass Rose

(do you have some sort of jedi mind tracking? Since I started collecting I’ve been trying like crazy to get this coin, as well as the others in the series, but this one most of all!)

DSC_0402.jpg

(sorry I held off in writing the rest until I went out to get crackers :P)

The top left card where the spotlight coin was sitting said this:

“Hi Alicia, I guess you can only do one thing when you get a compass.... Try it out while you travel! Let’s go girl!!”

And, on the back side it said this where the Geocaching ROCKS! Coin was:

“You also know a game called geocaching. You get to play it all over the world. So, get your GPS out, because Geocaching ROCKS!”

The mission then took me on the adventure of a lifetime, leaving from Toronto and heading for many gorgeous locations, each one with a gorgeous picture as well as a cache nearby.

I started my journey in Barcelona, then to Portugal, Athens, Prague, Switzerland (where I was to walk a glacier trail- COOL!), Now a rest in Italy (taking a Gondola with KDT :wub: ), with a side trip to see the Mona Lisa. Onto Paris, Berlin, the Giant’s Causeway, London, and finally Amsterdam.

The coins included were:

2007 Compass Rose :wub:

Geocaching ROCKS!

Tien Jaar Geocaching in Nederland (I had never seen this coin before, and it's gorgeous, I can't decide which side to display.. The compass is beautiful but the man on the front navigating with a compass is so different and striking)

DSC_0398.jpg

Also there was the TB ready to travel and a super beautiful keychain that I have decided to hang in my truck as if it were on my keys it would get super beat up.

DSC_0403.jpg

Thank you Sivota so so much!! I really do appreciate the work you went to AND the coins you sent! They are amazing!

You are awesome. If you ever want to go on a europe sightseeing tour, count me in!!

Edited to add: Here is a bookmark list of all the caches outlined in my mission!

Europe Sightseeing Mission :)

Edited by MoonCat & KDT

I cant wait to receive my packages :)

Just wondering, is there anyone who has yet to send out their packages? I'm just wondering how much I should be stalking the mail lady :laughing:

(OK i'll be truthful here, i'm stalking her already for reply cards for the wedding)

EDITED TO ADD: Speak of the devil!! Luna alerted me to the mail lady lingering around the back gate long enough for me to get out there and sign for the package. See next post :D

I'm stalking my mail lady too lol. Everyday I'm hoping she pulls in the driveway...when she does that that means I'm getting a package. But, nope she just pulls up to the mailbox and puts the stuff in there that I "DON'T" want. :sad:

Soo Cool! I thank all the particpants of this mission for not only sending out great missions, but also for fully embracing the package's they've recieved! What a great party you and your kids had as a result of this package! Thank you both (sender and reciever) for making this such a great mission!!!

Before I leave for holidays I just want to thank sheltiedogshowlover for this great mission. So much great and creative packages and I love to see all the nice pictures. For sure it was an awesome idea for a mission and I really hope it will be repeated - maybe next year?!

Today I opened my package.

I had received the box earlier, but waited until my niece was here.

She is staying over for a couple of days.

In the box I found a big bundle wrapped in silver.

There was a letter explaining the "Moon and Sun" mission.

It said:

"Ideas for enjoying your mission:

•  
  • Starbucks instant coffee; say good-bye to the moon and stars in the morning, before you go geocaching.
  • Sunflower seeds; to keep your energy up while looking for the perfect cache in which you place the Suncatcher.
  • Luna Bars; also good for energy and will remind you of your new Celtic Moon geocoin.
  • Glow Sticks and Sunflower stickers: swag to remind you of the colors of the sun and moon.
  • Celestial Seasonings tea and Moon Pies: nice tea and dessert after a long day of geocaching,
    you can enjoy these and admire your Celtic Moon geocoin at the same time."

CoinSpotlightMission.jpg

My coin to keep is a beautiful Celtic Moon (gold) (really awesome!!!)

The coin to place is a Suncatcher 2008

Geocoins.jpg

Needles to say my niece and I had a good taste of all those jummy presents, :D

while figuring out this puzzle of the cache we picked to place the Suncatcher coin in.

Sunflower Guerilla

Thank you very, very much Erin.

I love it all.

:D

I finally got home from my vacation and FLtravelers box was at the post office. I will post pix in the next few days.

I wonder how he knew I had just got back from a fishing vacation? The mission was packed with a fishing theme. Thanks FLtravelers

DSCN0531.jpg

A five foot long wind sock of a bass

2 1 million dollar bills

a bass xmas ornament

fridge magnet

beverage cooler, scented coaster

a great coat with a fish

and a "gone fishing rainbow trout geocoin

and a geico traveler

Thanks to FLtraveler for the box and a big thanks to sheltiedogshowlover for hosting it.

I got a huge box in the mail today from a dear sweet friend. When I opened the box I found another box but this box was a beauty! Something that I really am passionate about. Inside that box I found a box of melty smooth and pastel mints (it went straight to the fridge), Huckleberry flavored gourmet bar, huckleberry taffy (I tasted all of that and all of it was delicious), got a Eiffel Tower photo clip holder, a Eiffel Tower statue, an Idaho post card, butterfly 2012-2013 pocket planner, little know facts about Paris book, explore the world journal book, 3 butterfly magnets, a butterfly 2010 geocoin, a manikin TB to travel and something else I'm really not sure what it is? It looks like a cup holder or some kind of container. Thank you so much Eseurat (Erin) for everything. Everything was perfect!!

2011-08-25_14-13-54_217.jpg

The beautiful box...

2011-08-25_14-15-49_263.jpg

The goods...

2011-08-25_14-26-20_326.jpg

I haven’t been in the forums for a while, so this is a long overdue and HUGE thank you to Mooncat & KDT!!!! This was a fantastic package and I love and will use everything. Along with a nice card, I got a ton of stuff!!!

Contents of the mission:

2 Coins

1 Coin to travel for Mooncat & KDT (on its journey now)

Carabiner

Carabiner with Tools

4 Compressed Towels

2 Sporks

2 Mystical Fire Packets

First Aid Kit

Bear Bell

Dry Sack

Keychain Compass

Headlamp

Binoculars

I had a camping/caching event this past weekend and I was able to put many things to good use. I just bought a Jetboil stove, so the sporks were extremely useful. We had a communal fire so, I was able to try out the Mystical Fire packets-they were sooooo neat. I’ve never seen such a thing. We hiked over six miles around the lake to grab some caches that were placed around the trails, so the carabiners, first aid kit, binoculars, and bear bell was in my daypack and proved useful….especially the first aid kit. The coins that you sent were sooooo pretty, especially the Yellowstone National Park coin (I've been trying to get that one for a long time:) The other one I still don't know too much about, so I need to do some research. As for your coin I have since dropped it off in a very nice cache and even took it to an event to get 'discovered'...hope you don't mind:)

So, another big thank you to Mooncat & KDT for an amazing mission….my best yet! Also, a HUGE thank you to Sheltiedogshowlover for putting on a great mission.

I forgot my camera at home, but I hope to post pictures this week (when I get a moment to spare at work) of all the fabulous goodies.

:)Mission Complete-on both ends :)

I got a huge box in the mail today from a dear sweet friend. When I opened the box I found another box but this box was a beauty! Something that I really am passionate about. Inside that box I found a box of melty smooth and pastel mints (it went straight to the fridge), Huckleberry flavored gourmet bar, huckleberry taffy (I tasted all of that and all of it was delicious), got a Eiffel Tower photo clip holder, a Eiffel Tower statue, an Idaho post card, butterfly 2012-2013 pocket planner, little know facts about Paris book, explore the world journal book, 3 butterfly magnets, a butterfly 2010 geocoin, a manikin TB to travel and something else I'm really not sure what it is? It looks like a cup holder or some kind of container. Thank you so much Eseurat (Erin) for everything. Everything was perfect!!

2011-08-25_14-13-54_217.jpg

The beautiful box...

2011-08-25_14-15-49_263.jpg

The goods...

2011-08-25_14-26-20_326.jpg

Waaaaahooooo pictures!!! I can't believe the mints! At one time they were an array of beautiful colors, but sadly they didn't arrive that way. The thing that you don't know what it is (I'm assuming the thing that was holding the TB and the butterfly coin)....it's the bottom half of the Eiffel tower. I couldn't package them assembled, so I ended-up splitting them up:) So, now you have an Eiffel tower ceramic box-hehehe :) Also, the Eiffel tower photo clip is actually an ornament :) I couldn't believe I found it during this time of the year. I'm so glad you liked everything, but I'm sorry you already had the coin :( I guess I looked at a list that was a outdated, sorry about that. Also, thanks for sending me a personal message telling me when you got it-it's always great to hear from you :lol:

I haven’t been in the forums for a while, so this is a long overdue and HUGE thank you to Mooncat & KDT!!!! This was a fantastic package and I love and will use everything. Along with a nice card, I got a ton of stuff!!!

Contents of the mission:

2 Coins

Carabiner

Carabiner with Tools

4 Compressed Towels

2 Sporks

2 Mystical Fire Packets

First Aid Kit

Bear Bell

Dry Sack

Keychain Compass

Headlamp

Binoculars

I had a camping/caching event this past weekend and I was able to put many things to good use. I just bought a Jetboil stove, so the sporks were extremely useful. We had a communal fire so, I was able to try out the Mystical Fire packets-they were sooooo neat. I’ve never seen such a thing. We hiked over six miles around the lake to grab some caches that were placed around the trails, so the carabiners, first aid kit, binoculars, and bear bell was in my daypack and proved useful….especially the first aid kit. The coins that you sent were sooooo pretty, especially the Yellowstone National Park coin (I've been trying to get that one for a long time:) The other one I still don't know too much about, so I need to do some research. As for your coin I have since dropped it off in a very nice cache and even took it to an event to get 'discovered'...hope you don't mind:)

So, another big thank you to Mooncat & KDT for an amazing mission….my best yet! Also, a HUGE thank you to Sheltiedogshowlover for putting on a great mission.

I forgot my camera at home, but I hope to post pictures this week (when I get a moment to spare at work) of all the fabulous goodies.

f078abf4-fc8c-407f-9a94-2772547cfc59.jpg

b313b42d-79a7-413e-8a1b-a7701fe0e833.jpg

2cd2a659-9c97-40b7-9928-a7300aafef2a.jpg

Contents of the mission:

2 Coins

Carabiner

Carabiner with Tools

4 Compressed Towels

2 Sporks

2 Mystical Fire Packets

First Aid Kit

Bear Bell

Dry Sack

Keychain Compass

Headlamp

Binoculars

f078abf4-fc8c-407f-9a94-2772547cfc59.jpg

b313b42d-79a7-413e-8a1b-a7701fe0e833.jpg

2cd2a659-9c97-40b7-9928-a7300aafef2a.jpg

WOW! There's is some seriously cool mission items there. :D

Bump....

Sorry MoonCat, yours was not the package I sent out, but I hope yours arrives soon.

The one I sent out should have arrived already, but the recipient hasn't posted yet ... maybe they are just making me wait.

If you are still waiting, and you are not MoonCat, go check your doorstep --- it should have been delivered on Friday.

Well, it has been 2 months since I send off the mission and it seems that it has not arrived. It did need to go around the world, but even so, that is what I paid for! I'll give it another week or so and start gathering together another mission to send, but it will have to be based around one of the unactivated coins I already have rather than one from the recipient's wanted list. It will take me some time to decide on a theme, too and collect things to send off, so the main/first package might still arrive beforehand. I hope so, I was hoping the person I sent them to would like them. I just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten this mission!

Perhaps a smaller package has a better chance of making it. :unsure: I'll keep the weight and size down anyway, I'd rather spend money on the contents.

Apologies for taking so long to post here.

Some time ago I received a fantastic, amazing and well thought out package from Fianccetto. And what a package it was! Came home to find a large red box on my door step:

4d2bebc3-a909-4ac1-a189-70bb9c0214d4.jpg

OMG - what a package. I wonder what the theme is...

bf0f6eac-9a46-4393-9156-dd2b0dff7f4b.jpg

Wow - Fianccetto you have put together an incredibly well thought out mission. And the amount of work you've put into it - amazing!!!

The whole thing is just brilliant and blows me away!!!

All the lovely personal touches, such as the signature items with my caching name on them, AND my geocaching symbol - well done!! And Silver Ferns... soooo many Silver Ferns :) Lovely!!

And Thank You for the lovely card - it was really, really nice.

I love dinosaurs, so dino in the "rugby ball" has come to a good home. :)

The luminous egg rugby ball is really cool - very captivating...

The chocolate rugby ball made it safely in one piece. Can't say the same for it now though :o

The "All Black" croc's we be very useful with summer drawing near... we keep getting peeks of it between cold patches of weather... but we're off camping in a few weeks so they'll be packed to go with us as we find them so useful for running around the camp site in. And the beanys too! :)

The pins (Snoopy and rugby balls) are awesome - they'll go on my nice big sunhat with all my scouting (and other) pins. :) They'll have a lovely story associated with them if anyone asks. My wife has a charm bracelet so the rugby ball charms will have a good home. They're lovely, thanks. :)

The "All Black" micro cache will come in handy! I'm trying to flesh out the details on a series of micro's I want to put out so it will be put to good use. :)

And the awesome Gloucester rugby jersey - thank you so much for that! I will make good use of it. I will certainly make a good talking point with our new neighbours who are English. :) :) :)

And... I think there was something else... now what was it...

Oh yes - the coins :)

A lovely Arabian horse geocoin honouring Fianccetto's late Uncle. I will see how much closer I can get it to Drury for you.

2007 and 2011 Easter Egg Rugby Ball shaped geocoins

and a cute trackable Hamstercaching Tag. :)

Thank you so much for all the awesome, awesome, awesome items in your well executed mission! :)

a40792b0-6765-4933-9e0f-36dfdbdfe59b.jpg

And I was gutted when England, and now Wales were knocked out to the World Cup... I was cheering them on over that "other" team that knocked them out!

Keewee, what a relief! I'm so glad your box of goodies arrived, and all in one piece. It is good to know you will be using things and that some will make nice gifts, etc. thank you for saying so. :) I had just about given up on it (thought it was lost at sea, or perhaps the croc shoes might have melted all over and ruined everything and you were just too polite to say!) :lostsignal::laughing:

Dear Coin Spotlight Mission Members,

I wanted to let you all know that Steve of Team Luvbassn was diagnosed with stage four liver cancer on September 19 and died on October 1. He loved doing these missions and received a mission shortly after his death, I'm not sure if it was for this mission or for the love of it all. I know he would have loved everything in the mission. He would remind me of a child waiting for Christmas to come when a mission was expected. Thanks to you all for making Steve a happy cacher.

Elaine

Elaine, that comes as such a shock, I am so sorry that we have lost Steve. He was a charming and cheerful part of our online forum community and I liked him a lot, he was very well liked here, kind and helpful. He will be missed here, but I'm sure that's not a patch on the sorrow of the parting in such a short time for his family and 'real life' friends. Thank you for letting us know, it's a hard thing to anywhere, but particularly on an online forum. I'll treasure & enjoy seeing the things I have from you both in Steve's 'choose your mission' which we have around the house. I don't know if you geocache that much, or if it was more Steve's thing (or if it was just the geocoins that was more his thing) but I hope that geocaching, the walking and discovering or rediscovering places, enjoying the views (and the wonderful photos you take) will help to bring you peace. (((Elaine))) xx