Coin Spotlight Mission

sheltiedogshowlover

I think this mission, with the creativity involved, will take a bit longer then some but will be appreciated in the end.

And just a side note (not a jab!) at least it won't be as long as the kitchen sink mission :P (which is my one of my favorite threads in all of the forums right now by the way.. just short of the off topic Cheers thread!)

I've just got to wait for my coins to arrive (a few weeks) then I will send out my missions express so they should get there in due time.

Oh no, don't send it express! I need more time! Stick it on a slow mule. Send by pigeon. Let it take a scenic route. :laughing:

BY PIGEON!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!

It'll take the coins 2-3 weeks to get to me and then shipping would add another 2-3 weeks, so if i send express it'll bring down the shipping to 1-2 weeks so you've still got a month.

I've just got to wait for my coins to arrive (a few weeks) then I will send out my missions express so they should get there in due time.

An express sloth? Really? I didn't think those existed. :unsure:

Oh no, don't send it express! I need more time! Stick it on a slow mule. Send by pigeon. Let it take a scenic route. :laughing:

She doesn't need to use a mule. She's got her own personal mail sloth. :lol:

Well I managed to complete the next part of my craftiness. :ph34r: I didn't have what I needed to do this at home, had to wait for the Saturday class. So only about a month or so (at least) to go until it's ready to post! Not sure if the sig items will work or not, I have brought them home to work on and can drop them back for their next stage when I've finished. (If they work out and I make sig items like this again, I'll get what I need so that I can at least do the crafty bit at home, so I'm not taking up instruction time. But it would still take about a month to be ready.)

Email sent: Yes

Name received: Yes

Package sent: Thursday 30 June. yes - going a looooong way, so economy mail at just $25

Package received:

Well your economy service is pretty good because it arrived on Monday!! I was out so went to pick up the parcel this morning, wondering what on earth it could be. What a wonderful surprise it was. You have been sooo generous.

I am very pleased to say that I am now the proud owner of 3 Stacking Doll coins AND a Canterbury Earthquake coin & they are all stunning. They will certainly be staying in my collection for a while at least.

Your Old Timer coin is also stunning. I will 'grab' it then you can choose whether I

1) take it to Piratemania (22-24 July) for discoveries & release

2) take it to Piratemania (22-24 July) for discoveries then onto the 4th UK Mega in Wales (29 - 31 July) for discoveries & release. or

3) release it into a cache

Also, do you want it dipping in any caches I visit between now and its release or not?

The smallest boychild has already laid claim to the Aroha doll, I suspect I won't keep hold of the Never Fall Down doll or the sweets for very long either :rolleyes:

I tried to add a photo but it doesn't seem to be letting me. Photos are in my Flickr here

Thank you, thank you, thank you :wub:

We went to send our packages today and ran into a problem with the customs form. We will work out the issue and have the second package out within the next couple of days. We worked on both of our missions together, so there is not one from Bernard and one from Sara. They are both a group effort! We hope our recipients enjoy! Now for some suspense...the one that was mailed today is estimated to receive their package on Friday of this week! :)

Sara

Email sent: 6/8/2011

Name received: 6/27/2011

Package sent:

Package received:

Bernard

Package sent: 7/6/2011

Package received:

Well your economy service is pretty good because it arrived on Monday!! I was out so went to pick up the parcel this morning, wondering what on earth it could be. What a wonderful surprise it was. You have been sooo generous.

I am very pleased to say that I am now the proud owner of 3 Stacking Doll coins AND a Canterbury Earthquake coin & they are all stunning. They will certainly be staying in my collection for a while at least.

Your Old Timer coin is also stunning. I will 'grab' it then you can choose whether I

1) take it to Piratemania (22-24 July) for discoveries & release

2) take it to Piratemania (22-24 July) for discoveries then onto the 4th UK Mega in Wales (29 - 31 July) for discoveries & release. or

3) release it into a cache

Also, do you want it dipping in any caches I visit between now and its release or not?

The smallest boychild has already laid claim to the Aroha doll, I suspect I won't keep hold of the Never Fall Down doll or the sweets for very long either :rolleyes:

I tried to add a photo but it doesn't seem to be letting me. Photos are in my Flickr here

Thank you, thank you, thank you :wub:

You are welcome - I wanted to get it out quickly, so that I could take advantage of cheaper postal rates.

The stacking doll coin is only one trackable - three coins - so I do not recommend releasing it.

The Never fall down is actually a pen - pull the doll's hair.

Glad it arrived safely, please feel free to dip the Old Timer into anywhere you wish.

As to event caches, I request if left there, then please retrieve it too - so many coins go missing or are never retrieved from events. I love meeting (virtually) other active cachers so events are special when coins don't stray onto the collective coin table.

Will anticipate arrival now of the incoming part towards the end of the month

Thank you guys so much for joining this mission! What an awesome first mission!

One will be going out this weekend, the other is pending a trade for another coin for it. And I have to finish the second hand made item for the second mission (which is international so I hope that you are patient! I'm trying to make it very coin themed.)

Thank you guys so much for joining this mission! What an awesome first mission!

One will be going out this weekend, the other is pending a trade for another coin for it. And I have to finish the second hand made item for the second mission (which is international so I hope that you are patient! I'm trying to make it very coin themed.)

I lied..lol.. actually I found another coin to add to the package I thought I was done with so that one will also be waiting to be sent.

We went to send our packages today and ran into a problem with the customs form. We will work out the issue and have the second package out within the next couple of days. We worked on both of our missions together, so there is not one from Bernard and one from Sara. They are both a group effort! We hope our recipients enjoy! Now for some suspense...the one that was mailed today is estimated to receive their package on Friday of this week! :)

And it did arrive on Friday!

Let me just say right now that it was a great mission, I loved the theme and was trying to guess the coin based on the theme I was encountering!

I took pictures, but haven't had a chance to post them yet ... I will try to do that soon.

In the meantime Thanks for the great mission and the personal thought that you put into it!

And it did arrive on Friday!

Let me just say right now that it was a great mission, I loved the theme and was trying to guess the coin based on the theme I was encountering!

I took pictures, but haven't had a chance to post them yet ... I will try to do that soon.

In the meantime Thanks for the great mission and the personal thought that you put into it!

We are glad you liked your mission! We had fun completing this, as we are divers too.

Our last mission has officially been sent! This one is going to take a little while to get to the recipient. Once it does arrive, read the card first, so you will know how to proceed in opening the mission! ;)

Sara

Package sent: 7/11/2011

Package received:

Bernard

Package sent: 7/6/2011

Package received:

Now we sit back and wait with our toes tingling!

Here we go, pictures of the SCUBA themed mission from fstop64!

Even on the outside of the box, I noticed the dive flag sticker, so I knew it was going to be a great mission.

Many packages, decked in red and white tissue paper (nice touch on the theme).

Here are all the goodies after I got them out of the box.

05025e6b-ad0e-4696-ac54-c359853565e2.jpg

A license plate, can coozie, picture frame, fishy candle holder, defog, gear wash, notepad, sticker, strap guard, and a toy.

Here are the coins!

2e507949-ffb7-4ddf-81aa-426cf2640264.jpg

Reef Check geocoin, a stingray travel tag, and the activated starfish travel tag ready to go surfing!

And here is the other side of the star of the mission, the reef check geocoin. This coin was on my seeking list, so thanks so much for finding it for me, and making a great mission from it!

f10dc710-368a-4782-b191-747d7f8837f9.jpg

I had a great time opening this mission and will enjoy all the goodies. It was fun to have a fellow diver as a mission partner, so we could share that.

Thanks so much for the mission and all the thought you put into it!

Uh Oh!!! Haven't had good internet due to our travels. Just now catching up on this thread. We were encouraged at first when we read that it was going to take awhile for many to put their missions together. Then, towards the end (at least just before this one) people are posting that they're receiving theirs. :o

We've not had good luck finding the pieces to go with the first coin we chose. If we were home we'd have had no trouble. Just decided to switch coins, so we're starting all over - not that we got very far. Sorry recipient.

I just got back from a 2 week vacation in AZ and I've been trying to pick out some things to go with the coin that I have picked out. Now, I just got to make some things that I want to send along with it and maybe some treats if I can find any. Hopefully, I will be able to send it off by tomorrow or saturday.

I just got back from a 2 week vacation in AZ and I've been trying to pick out some things to go with the coin that I have picked out. Now, I just got to make some things that I want to send along with it and maybe some treats if I can find any. Hopefully, I will be able to send it off by tomorrow or saturday.

Hope you had a great time in Arizona and that you got tons of caching done. I saw the pictures of that snake...yikes!!!

As for my package, I'm still working on the "creative" aspect and gathering some things. I love what has been posted already.....keep the pictures coming!!

Here we go, pictures of the SCUBA themed mission from fstop64!

Even on the outside of the box, I noticed the dive flag sticker, so I knew it was going to be a great mission.

Many packages, decked in red and white tissue paper (nice touch on the theme).

Here are all the goodies after I got them out of the box.

05025e6b-ad0e-4696-ac54-c359853565e2.jpg

A license plate, can coozie, picture frame, fishy candle holder, defog, gear wash, notepad, sticker, strap guard, and a toy.

Here are the coins!

2e507949-ffb7-4ddf-81aa-426cf2640264.jpg

Reef Check geocoin, a stingray travel tag, and the activated starfish travel tag ready to go surfing!

And here is the other side of the star of the mission, the reef check geocoin. This coin was on my seeking list, so thanks so much for finding it for me, and making a great mission from it!

f10dc710-368a-4782-b191-747d7f8837f9.jpg

I had a great time opening this mission and will enjoy all the goodies. It was fun to have a fellow diver as a mission partner, so we could share that.

Thanks so much for the mission and all the thought you put into it!

Couldn't resist pairing you two up somehow when I saw you both were scuba divers! Looks great!!

Email sent: June 9, 2011

Name received: june 26, 2011

Package sent: July 15, 2011

Package received:

The person I'm sending to will have 2 packages. I forgot to put a activated TB in the first package so I'm sending him in a envelope. I'm always forgetting something :huh: . Hope my recepient likes the package.

Hope you had a great time in Arizona and that you got tons of caching done. I saw the pictures of that snake...yikes!!!

As for my package, I'm still working on the "creative" aspect and gathering some things. I love what has been posted already.....keep the pictures coming!!

I did have a great time in Arizona. Didn't get a lot of caching done like I wanted :sad: . Thats what happens when you have someone with you and they don't care too much for caching. I just don't understand how can anyone not like caching. But, it was a great trip and I managed to get some more states added. That snake was little. I zoomed in to get a better picture but it was still blurry. Even though he was little I'm sure he was still dangerous. Not sure what kind it was.

I've PM'd everyone with their mission assignments! Thanks to all for joining! now the fun begins!! :drama:

Let me know if you did not recieve an assignment.

Email sent: 24 June 2011

Name received: 27 June 2011

Package sent:

Package received:

Ordering some things now, should be within a week.

Mission 1

Email sent: 24 June 2011

Name received: 27 June 2011

Package sent: 18 July 2001

Package received:

Now just waiting for mine, <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

The lovely package that arrived! It was so pretty and wrapped up in a bow!!

25z2yq8.jpg

The whole package after I unwrapped each package!! I have to say that this package was fantastic!! there was handmade cards and a post it note holder that I will use at my new job!!, two very awesome sheltie bumper stickers ( "my sheltie is smarter then your honor student" and "I suffer from multiple sheltie syndrome", a new travel water bowl (which we needed for our geocaching bag!), a stuffed dog toy (that was quickly claimed and promptly attacked by the geodogs), a flashy bone for camping for the dog's collar, a very dramatic photo in a beautiful frame of Team Luvbassn's dog! (such a lovely dog and photo!!), and 4 german chocolates!! ( which in our 95 degree heat immediately went into the freezer with my pineapple lumps that I'm rationing myself!)

2zylta9.jpg

The coins:

A trackabull coin (lovely bull dog themed coin that I don't have!!), a geico gecko, a Luvbassn coin (in a really cool key chain holder! I think I'll activate it and attach it to my geocaching bag to dip in caches and events!) and a Luvbassn path tag.

n3nno3.jpg

EDITED to point out how beautiful the tiny envelopes that were made for each coin were.. I tried not to hurt them they were so pretty!!!

Edited by sheltiedogshowlover

The lovely package that arrived! It was so pretty and wrapped up in a bow!!

25z2yq8.jpg

The whole package after I unwrapped each package!! I have to say that this package was fantastic!! there was handmade cards and a post it note holder that I will use at my new job!!, two very awesome sheltie bumper stickers ( "my sheltie is smarter then your honor student" and "I suffer from multiple sheltie syndrome", a new travel water bowl (which we needed for our geocaching bag!), a stuffed dog toy (that was quickly claimed and promptly attacked by the geodogs), a flashy bone for camping for the dog's collar, a very dramatic photo in a beautiful frame of Team Luvbassn's dog! (such a lovely dog and photo!!), and 4 german chocolates!! ( which in our 95 degree heat immediately went into the freezer with my pineapple lumps that I'm rationing myself!)

2zylta9.jpg

The coins:

A trackabull coin (lovely bull dog themed coin that I don't have!!), a geico gecko, a Luvbassn coin (in a really cool key chain holder! I think I'll activate it and attach it to my geocaching bag to dip in caches and events!) and a Luvbassn path tag.

n3nno3.jpg

EDITED to point out how beautiful the tiny envelopes that were made for each coin were.. I tried not to hurt them they were so pretty!!!

We are so glad you liked the package. It was the better half of Team Luvbassn idea to wrap everything. I think she did a great job. From now on we have to share the missions. But I keep the coins!

Halleluja, I heard from my wife that a few minutes ago the last item arrived. I will prepare everything and send it tomorrow.

It is very interesting to see that most of the participants take much longer time to prepare their missions than usually (at least this is my impression!)