Coin Spotlight Mission

sheltiedogshowlover

Email sent: 24 June 2011

Name received: 27 June 2011

Package sent:

Package received:

This should be an interesting one... :rolleyes:

Hmm.. why are you rolling your eyes? <_< Bad match?

Some might say so, but for me it is a good match - a VERY GOOD match... this I can have some fun! MWAHAHAHAHAHA :bad:

Opps... sorry - the evil laugh just sort of slipped out... MWHAHAHaaa... Opps... Um... well - that was embarrassing...

Edited by keewee

Package sent:

Package received:

Some might say so, but for me it is a good match - a VERY GOOD match... this I can have some fun! MWAHAHAHAHAHA :bad:

Opps... sorry - the evil laugh just sort of slipped out... MWHAHAHaaa... Opps... Um... well - that was embarrassing...

you should get that looked at-evil laughing slipping out like that can get one into a lot of trouble!! :laughing:

Package sent:

Package received:

you should get that looked at-evil laughing slipping out like that can get one into a lot of trouble!! :laughing:

MAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Huh?

I've PM'd everyone with their mission assignments! Thanks to all for joining! now the fun begins!! :drama:

Let me know if you did not recieve an assignment.

Package sent:

Package received:

Ordering some things now, should be within a week.

Second mission

Package sent:

Package received:

Researching recipient of my parcel...Help, no chance of me getting hold of anything on their want list though!

Same here... although they do seem to like a certain style of coin, so I should be able to work from there. I just need to make the coin up now!

Email sent: 8 June 2011

Name received: 27th June 2011

Package sent:

Package received:

Edited by lifechooser

Don't worry if it's difficult to get a coin that the person is looking for.. some people have very specific hard to find want lists.. mainly because they have been collecting for so long!

If you can find a type of coin that fits something that they enjoy outside of geocaching I'm sure they'll enjoy the mission you put together. :-) Remember it's about creativity so if you have to be creative and find something that isn't on their want list that's ok! I don't think anyone in this mission will be upset if you can't find a coin they need. :D

I'm just going to make a massive leap/assumption based on some aspect of a coin and locality, throw in a few small extras and hope for the best!

Thanks sheltiedoglover, am sure you are right! Just want to make sure I am sending stuff someone actually wants, or at least they can use or even good to swap! :rolleyes: Read a bit more and ordered a coin I thought they might like, then actually managed to order one on the want list, so that's alright! :D It will still be a risky twist on an aspect of the coin while including the other bits and bobs though.

Maybe I should adopt keewee's approach and think up something really wicked. (nah, too much like hard work! :laughing: )

Email sent: 25 June

Name received: 26 June

Package sent:

Package received:

Right now I'm a mechanical designer for a company who retrofits/designs power plants. I'm a huge art and photography nerd that plans to go back to school to get my bachelors and masters in art. I love to travel and one of my goals is to visit as many National Parks as possible. I have a black/chocolate lab, Riley, who loves to go caching and climbing boulders in the backyard (he thinks he's part goat:). I love coins that are intricately detailed, National Parks, basically anything neat/pretty.

This is turning out to be an interesting mission already.. hehe..

there's evil mayhem.. and someone has already asked me to find out their mission reciepent's shirt and shoe size.

I'm waiting for someone to ask me to find out the age old the "boxers or briefs" for their receiver.. hehe...

I'll give out my banking number is my sender wants to make a huge deposit!!! :anibad:

I need a new car!!!, boat!!! :lol:

This is turning out to be an interesting mission already.. hehe..

there's evil mayhem.. and someone has already asked me to find out their mission reciepent's shirt and shoe size.

I'm waiting for someone to ask me to find out the age old the "boxers or briefs" for their receiver.. hehe...

Neither...... winged creature a la naturale!

I've PM'd everyone with their mission assignments! Thanks to all for joining! now the fun begins!! :drama:

Let me know if you did not recieve an assignment.

Got it - and about to have a whale of a time on this fun mission!

Darn, can't buy a whale.... so mission spotlight changed!

Not even a toy whale, unless I travel to Kaikoura (Whale watch capital of NZ)

But, snigger, got even better plan now.....

I've been halfheartedly stalking my partner so far. Will put some serious effort into it this weekend then shop & get my creative hat on. Hope to be able to post my package out towards the end of next week, drying times & postal service permittiing.

I've been in a creative mood today and am quite pleased with the results. I could develop my idea further to make some cool signature items and something else which ties into the coin perfectly, but they wouldn't be ready for some time yet - maybe some weeks (I wouldn't be in control of when they would be ready, as I borrow equipment for this.)

So Question 1...Is it OK to make someone else some signature items (when they don't have a say in the design) or is that considered to be bad geocaching etiquette in some way? I am fairly certain they will like the design, as it is based a bit on a small part of the one they use already. :ph34r:

And Question 2...Is it OK to hold up sending my mission out, by a few (more) weeks, on top of overseas postage?

I've been in a creative mood today and am quite pleased with the results. I could develop my idea further to make some cool signature items and something else which ties into the coin perfectly, but they wouldn't be ready for some time yet - maybe some weeks (I wouldn't be in control of when they would be ready, as I borrow equipment for this.)

So Question 1...Is it OK to make someone else some signature items (when they don't have a say in the design) or is that considered to be bad geocaching etiquette in some way? I am fairly certain they will like the design, as it is based a bit on a small part of the one they use already. :ph34r:

And Question 2...Is it OK to hold up sending my mission out, by a few (more) weeks, on top of overseas postage?

On point 1 - I don't think it is bad form at all - I think it is very cool.

On point 2 - I would think it could wait a little bit ... but not too long. I guess it depends on how long it would really take. I think a lot of people are still getting things together for this mission, so it might not be too bad. But when you start seeing that everyone else is sending and starting to recieve, then it better be getting into the mail pretty quick at that point.

If it were me, to know that you are going to that much work I'd be very happy to wait, and I'd always welcome sig items, made by me or not.

Thanks fuzzybear3 and MoonCat & KDT (it rhymes!) I'll go ahead and give it a go. There's always a chance the crafty things might all go pear shaped along the way, but am eager to at least have a go, now the idea and opportunity is there. If it takes too long I'll send the rest as the mission without these 'extras'.

On point 1 - I don't think it is bad form at all - I think it is very cool.

On point 2 - I would think it could wait a little bit ... but not too long. I guess it depends on how long it would really take. I think a lot of people are still getting things together for this mission, so it might not be too bad. But when you start seeing that everyone else is sending and starting to recieve, then it better be getting into the mail pretty quick at that point.

+1 on both points :)

Especially point 1 - that would be so awesome to receive something like that!!!

I agree with the above replies. I think it would be fantastic to receive sig items & would be more than happy to wait knowing the effort that is going into them.

+1

I agree with the above replies. I think it would be fantastic to receive sig items & would be more than happy to wait knowing the effort that is going into them.

+1

I once received some beautiful signature items in a mission.

I now drop them off in special caches, or add them to missions. It was a very thoughtful and appreciated gift, which unfortunately I have only a few left.

+1

I now drop them off in special caches, or add them to missions. It was a very thoughtful and appreciated gift, which unfortunately I have only a few left.

I agree with everyone else, very thoughtful! I think it would be worth waiting for!

Agreed! Would be worth waiting for!

I have one mission just about ready to send and one that I'm waiting for a coin in trade to build the mission around. Having fun! I'm also making some fun things to send with mine. I love crafting!

It seems ok to me to get a special mission, take your time.

I am waiting for some stuff in the mail, should be hear within a week.

+1

I agree with everyone else, very thoughtful! I think it would be worth waiting for!

That's a fantastic idea and I would have to agree with everyone's responses:)

Yes, that would certainly be worth waiting for mrs F.

I'm also trying to be creative and having fun gathering the things I need.

I'm rather slow (or is it very slow by now :) ), so this is going to take me some extra time too.

I try to make it worth while....

I love this mission :D