Where are my pocket query results?

HitsMan and Chris

I created 4 new pocket query requests over 8 hours ago and have yet to receive any of them. I'm pretty sure I didn't make any mistakes with them. 3 were last night at 10 PM requested for Thursday and 1 was shortly after midnight requested for Friday. I'm about to leave on a trip and I'm not sure what to do to get my caches in a spinnable format.

I have not recieved any for a couple days as well.

I hope I get some by noon tomorrow. I am leaving town and need those vacation waypoints.

Hope I can remember how to download the old fashioned way. icon_smile.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

Anyone at Groundspeak going to address this one? The last PQ I received was Sunday night. At this point I have them scheduled to run everyday because I don't know when I am actually going to get one. Like many others I like to update before the weekend starts.

Last PQs I received were on Sunday afternoon, which was the first since last Thursday.

skydiver-sig.gif

---------------------------------------

"We never seek things for themselves -- what we seek is the very seeking of things."

Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

---------------------------------------

We had an increasing issue with the email server over the last few days. It turned out we had a corrupted disk. Late last night we upgraded the mail server to fix the problems.

Pocket queries started back up earlier this AM PST. They should catch up for the last two days.

By the end of the day if you don't get your query for either yesterday or today, email the web site and we'll look into it.

Sorry for the difficulty. Some things, like disk corruption, can't be anticipated. We're continuing to work on redundancy with our equipment as we have more funds to do so.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

Also not to pile anything on but...

My PQs have becoming coming without a delay. So no problem for me there. But (yes there is always a but) today I waited several hours for them to come (again not a problem just pointing it out). Then when they did come. The five queries came as I would expect but I also got email for each of the queries I created that they contained no results. This was at the same time those same queries came with results. Is anybody else seeing that? All ten of the emails came at the same time. The delay in getting the emails may very well be on my end. I know TPTB where I work have been playing with the mail gateways trying to block spam and virus filled emails. Again this is not a problem but there may have been a slight bump in the road that someone may want to be aware of.

I also got the email saying my PQ were empty:

quote:
Your Pocket Query had no results. If you believe you should have received a result to your query, please review your Pocket Query for errors.

When I opened the GPX, it was normal (250 results).

stunod_sig.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

Eamus Catuli AC145895

I just got 3 emtpy PQs. Never happened before. Am I doing something wrong? I've triple checked all the fields and can't find any omissions or errors.

quote:
Originally posted by GrizzlyJohn:

Also not to pile anything on but...

My PQs have becoming coming without a delay. So no problem for me there. But (yes there is always a but) today I waited several hours for them to come (again not a problem just pointing it out). Then when they did come. The five queries came as I would expect but I also got email for each of the queries I created that they contained no results. This was at the same time those same queries came with results. Is anybody else seeing that? All ten of the emails came at the same time. The delay in getting the emails may very well be on my end. I know TPTB where I work have been playing with the mail gateways trying to block spam and virus filled emails. Again this is not a problem but there may have been a slight bump in the road that someone may want to be aware of.

I tried the trick of deleting an existing PQ and creating a new PQ and it worked. Good thing... I took off today and tomorrow specifically to go caching and I don't like entering coords manually. I also use a PDA so I have to read the cache page before I leave and hope for the best with no hints to go by.

Yes... I went to doing my weekly query daily in hopes that it will arrive SOMETIME before I need to program my geocaching toys for the weekend.

The only "daily" query I got this weekend was on Wednesday.

Is it because the site is so busy, and these are done in the background?

I do love the pocket queries!!! When they arrive. icon_smile.gif

I've tried deleting and recreating my Pocket Queries several times. I only get ONE query sent to me after each re-creation. I've waited several days and still I'm not getting my Pocket Queries. It's a pain having to delete and then add a query to get it emailed.

It looks like other folks are still experiencing this problem. Do the servers have a huge backlog of queries or is there still a problem?

quote:
Originally posted by James & Sheryl:

I'm not only not getting query's but no cache hit notifications, no new cache notifications, no e-mail at all. Sent myself an e-mail through the site and didn't even get that. JAMES

You might want to check with your provider to see if they're doing any filtering. Your Pocket Query is scheduled to be delivered on Wednesdays, and we did send it out last Wednesday (the 20th) and it was delivered to your ISP's mail server. In addition, it looks like the site is sending you 3-5 emails a day; all of which are also being accepted by your ISP's mail server.

frog.gif Elias