Don't go caching in this playground!

I know you are from NYC as am I, and know that areas in NYC parks designated playgrounds are solely for children to play in while their caregivers watch on. And designed to protect children from predators.

Sure two young women eating donuts look innocuous enough, until they run and snatch a child.

Would you want people loitering around near your children in the kiddie area? Are you always going to be around to protect them?

It seems to me that this law has it backwards. Rather than to only allow adults if they are accompanied by children, they should only allow children if accompanied by adults. After all, those donut eating women cannot snatch my kid if I am with my kid.

Yup.

I don't understand how that can be insulting to you. It's not like he insulted you personally or anything. One of the benefits of living in the country and outside city limits is that laws (and taxes) are less restrictive. No city ordinances, HOA's are fewer and far between, there's more space to yourself, etc. All it takes to have a party of any kind is someone to say, "Let's have a party!" I've attended plenty of such gatherings in the suburbs and in the country. In the country, it usually involves a fire with marshmallow roasting and catching lightning bugs and games in big fields and getting muddy and sitting on a patio drinking beer. In the suburbs it revolves around houses that have big patios, grills, and maybe a pool...with beer on said patio. It requires you to know your neighbors and invite them over, not for some HOA or neighborhood association to vote and plan everything for you.

People who claim the suburbs/country are boring just don't know how to make their own entertainment.

Absolutely! The previous poster prefers the city, good for them. I think my son will be the same when HE grows up as well. I have no problem with city folk, just the crowds and restrictions, but that's MY problem and I've handled it. I live RURAL, waaaayy out. as a result, I have the freedom to hunt on my land, use fireworks, bonfire parties with plenty of parking and I break out my 'Binford 3000 Man's Barbecue' B) My closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away.

I like to visit the city for shopping, movies, restaurants, etc., but at night I can go outside and see the Milky Way in the sky. Nobody bothers me, I try not to bother them. Oh yeah, I really appreciate the city folk that come out here and hide caches for me to find! THANKS! :D

Coldgears, you're being a little touchy. Some people don't like cities. They're stating their preference, not giving the finger to each and every city dweller out there.

Next time you have a strong reaction to something in the forums, take a breath, get up, and walk away from your computer for a while. Otherwise, if you don't lighten up soon, you're going to have a stroke before you're old enough to vote.

So your post is really insulting to me, and everyone else who can't stand places other then cities.

The very existance of cities is insulting to me.

From Websters: cit·y [sit-ee] noun, plural cit·ies.

1. Sewage, encased in bird poop covered concrete. Just add a few million people. :lol:

Edited by Clan Riffster
So your post is really insulting to me, and everyone else who can't stand places other then cities.

The very existance of cities is insulting to me.

From Websters: cit·y [sit-ee] –noun, plural cit·ies.

1. Sewage, encased in bird poop covered concrete. Just add a few million people. :lol:

The existence of insults is insulting to me.