email address

rayt333

What do I need to do to change my registered email address? I changed it in my profile but 3 days later and I am still receiving all mail to the old address. So please tell me what I need to do?

Reregister as a new account maybe? but can I still keep the same user name?

I need to get this fixed since I am going to cancel the old account soon and that will mean I will no longer get email from geocacheing.com

First, when you change you address in your profile, make sure you also enter your password on the first line. Otherwise the change will not take place.

Second, you will recieve a confirmation email at the new address. You must follow the directions in that message to confirm your address.

Once that is done, you may need to fully logout and back in to make everything active. At least I did when I just went through the process.

Hemlock - The alternative to purple frownies.

quote:
Originally posted by Hemlock:

First, when you change you address in your profile, make sure you also enter your password on the first line. Otherwise the change will not take place.

Second, you will recieve a confirmation email at the new address. You must follow the directions in that message to confirm your address.

Once that is done, you may need to fully logout and back in to make everything active. At least I did when I just went through the process.

Hemlock - The alternative to purple frownies.

I have done all of the above, but so far the only thing that has changed was the pocket queries, they come to the new address, everything else still goes to the old address.

Sorta like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at this point.

So I have followed the proper proceedures and yet most of the stuff still goes to the old address. Actually the only thing coming to the old address is the forum posts, I think the rest is going to the new address.

And I am not talking about only the old forum posts, even this one is being sent to the old address and it was just started today.

Done that and only got automated reply, no help at all yet.

I'm starting to think the only way to change it is to simply apply for new account. Maybe that is what they want, this way they will have inflated numbers of members.

Seems so simple to me to change the default address (which I did) yet it doesn't work that way and I can get no replies from the power who be.

This is an auto-response generated by our Groundspeak Email Bot to let you

know we've received your email. Please do not reply to this message. We

have assigned a tracking number for this issue, which you will see in the

subject line of email from us.

You can also check out the FAQ to see if your question has been answered

before:

http://www.Groundspeak.com/support/Default.asp?action=faqs

<A HREF="http://www.Groundspeak.com/support/Default.asp?action=faqs">AOL

users click here</A>

Or search the knowledge base:

http://www.Groundspeak.com/support/Default.asp?action=search

<A HREF="http://www.Groundspeak.com/support/Default.asp?action=search">AOL

users click here</A>

Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by rayt333:

Done that and only got automated reply, no help at all yet.

I'm starting to think the only way to change it is to simply apply for new account. Maybe that is what they want, this way they will have inflated numbers of members.

Seems so simple to me to change the default address (which I did) yet it doesn't work that way and I can get no replies from the power who be.

Uhm. No.

I changed mine monday, and it happened exactly like hemlock stated above. No need to make a new account, no trickery to inflate users (that comment is just nutz anyway, you really think the users would tolerate losing their find count and logs every time they changed email addresses?).

Looks like the automated reply you got tells you that your complaint was received (along with hundreds of other emails a day I'm sure) and when a real live human being gets to read it, you'll get an answer.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:

So I have followed the proper proceedures and yet most of the stuff still goes to the old address. Actually the only thing coming to the old address is the forum posts, I think the rest is going to the new address.

And I am not talking about only the old forum posts, even this one is being sent to the old address and it was just started today.

Ahhhh, I missed this part a minute ago. Standard answer: Did you specifically log out of the FORUMS yet?

The forums here are hosted by another company. USUALLY the intergration between the 2 sites is pretty good, but when you make changes on the website that effect the forums, like email, avatars, and sig lines, they dont take effect until the next time you log into the forum. For that to happen, you need to log out 1st. Hope that helps.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

Ahhhh, I missed this part a minute ago. Standard answer: Did you specifically log out of the FORUMS yet?

The forums here are hosted by another company. USUALLY the intergration between the 2 sites is pretty good, but when you make changes on the website that effect the forums, like email, avatars, and sig lines, they dont take effect until the next time you log into the forum. For that to happen, you need to log out 1st. Hope that helps.

+ _Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon. _

Yes I have logged out maybe a dozen time or more, I changed it back about the 1st of the month, like I stated the pocket queries come to the new address but all posts from the forum still goes to the old address and none have gone to the new one.

I find this very odd, am I the first person at this forum to change an email address? I waited at least 3 days before I posted this question and still I have the same problem.

quote:

I find this very odd, am I the first person at this forum to change an email address? I waited at least 3 days before I posted this question and still I have the same problem.

No, you're not the 1st person to change an email address. Like I said, I just changed mine monday, with no problems. The big thing that seems to cause most of these kinda problems is logging out of the forum as well as the website (you need to do both). That's always solved these sort of problems in the past. If you've already logged out of both the forums and the website, I dunno. You could try canceling all your forum subscriptions, and then re-adding them, maybe they remember the email address they were setup with. Just grasping at straws now, but it cant hurt I guess.