What was your first "Found" log?

I very rarely post on the forums but I read them all the time. This topic made me go back and search out our first log. I'll probably never forget that first cache. None of us had ever seen an ammo can before and it took us a bit to figure out how to open it. Here's the log:

"Our first find ever! We got a Garmin eTrex H today and immediately went home to find some caches in our area. We grabbed three coordinates and headed out. Sundown, Connor, Nate, and I are having a ball. We found two today within 1 mile of our house. There are several more but we were getting cold and it was getting late. Thanks for upgrading this cache to an ammo box. It was fun for our first find. We didn't realize that we needed to bring something to add to the cache so we didn't take anything either. Nate says we're coming back to give and take."

How does your first log stack up?

Not too good, considering how I now feel about lengthy logs. :lol:

The first few caches we hunted were part of a series which was showing its age.

A recent hurricane had moved several of the containers around, including this one.

I found this one floating in the lake. Contents are soaked. It needs to be revived by it's creator. I returned it to the encrypted location.
How does your first log stack up?

Not too good for us either. For a two-stage multi-

Our families first cache! Great fun, even with a 10-month old!

But we're getting much better; GSAK tells us that we average 75 words per log over 580ish finds. :)

From Goethestein, which took us forever to find -- the GPS12 we used was not so accurate under tree cover.

Found it, for our first cache and first travel bug! Woohoo! Good times. I did a literal translation of the page and ignored my GPS reading -- oops. Took us a while as a result, but we found it.

In: Yellow bracelet, U.S. Army button; Out: TB "Flacher Stein"

TFTC! - Hzoi

The first cache we ever looked for we couldn't find; turns out the coordinates were across the street from the cache location. Four years later, the coordinates are still incorrect...

Actually, since I was the one of the three of us to actually find the cache, I guess I deserve to log it as well (see previous entry by chadcari).

By the way, Chadcari (1 found), is the Chad that I know.

Chad's log for that day:

Found the Cache after about 15 minutes of looking. This was my first cache and close to work. A friend of mine who went along was the one to actually find the cache. Took a wooden geocaching coin and left an important Item used in my trade. TFTC

I knew nothing at all about caching until we started walking to the cache, and Chad filled me in.

Oh, my goodness! The person who introduced us to caching, and took us to our first three caches (the only ones in the area), is named Chad! :o Hey, I know Chad, too! :laughing:

Any friend of Chad's is a friend of mine!

My first one! Found it a few weeks ago, but wasn't sure how to log it then - popped back today especially. Nice & quiet despite being mid-morning, so was easy to find without being seen (area best avoided at peak travel times though).!

I originally found it about 2 months previously but hadn't worked out what to do to log it. I didn't have gps then either, so wasn't sure if I'd be carrying on - finally got started properly in January this year. This is a typical length/type of log for me, hope it's good enough!

The owner sent me an email later in the day encouraging me to keep geocaching, which I thought was a friendly thing to do.

Edited by buffhusky

Our first log was fairly mundane (especially for us we tend to write epic stories, well at least Ben does). I just wish I knew what we edited! Lol no idea now. We ended up finding 3 caches that day. One other in this same area and then when we got home we were so excited we looked up another nearby one to go out and find that evening...

June 30, 2009 by Krydos (1232 found)

Just got an iPhone last week with gps and this is the first cache we've ever found! I really liked this cache btw, loved the clues and hints. :)

[This entry was edited by Krydos on Sunday, July 05, 2009 at 8:01:12 PM.]

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=5934a2ac-c9bd-4482-b653-484c5998cd86

Second find for today. Second find ever. There was a groundskeeper working nearby so we kinda had to stand around and twiddle our thumbs a bit, but persevered! This is fun!

Third find ever! Very hard to get to without looking very conspicuous! The log is more than full, several have written on sides/tops/etc.

Thanks for the cache!

As you can tell we were very excited and had to keep mentioning find numbers, lol!

Found it sabrefan7 found [Traditional Cache] ONE WAY ONLY

:D HUUUUZAAAA!! My First Find of 2 for my first time out.

Looks like this is going to be a blast.

I try to me more wordy now. The cache is still active, a key holder on a footbridge I was very excited for my first time ;)

I had recently bought my wife a Garmin for her car. We'd heard of Geocaching, and since we now had something GPSr-like, we decided to give it a try. At Life's a Beach, we left:

This was our first cache! Definitly reinforces the need for a GPS designed for this job vs. my car one! :>) Absolutly _loved_ the clue!! Took me a bit to figure it out. Forgot our swag so we decided to check back at the cache later.

The "forgot our swag" was our son, DavidTrainBoy, who decided the bag of stuff we gave him to carry was too much trouble, so he hid it back in the car just before we left. We still haven't made it back to leave anything.

We now have three other GPSr's and over 100 finds. We log everything on my wife's account, since that's the one we started with. We are CO on one cache, and help the CO of another keep an eye on his. If life would quit interfering, maybe we can get a few more placed.

Easter Sunday April 11,2004

First time trying to find a cache, we picked a dandy. Four adults, a three year old dog and 16 week old puppy on the trip. Needed our Jeep to get to the parking lot and then hiked in. The lake was frozen over in the center but lot of water at the edges in the areas that got a lot of sun or runoff. Quite a difficult hike following the edge of the lake and we overshot the mark a bit and had to backtrack. Wouldn’t want to make the hike in full foliage humidity and bug time. It was a pleasant outing and we were tired by the end of the day. A canoe is definately the way to go.

We left a lighter and mosquito coil in the cache which was well hidden. I’ve tried to add a picture of the lake from the parking lot. I hope this works. Thanks for the experience.

Cache - "Surviving Cinder Lake" GCG7QR and we still remember it well with fond memories.

June 27, 2010 by mizdirection (343 found)

N 48° 21.980 W 122° 25.438

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=df4c8120-8758-457b-a81d-9001220ee70d&log=y&decrypt=#

This was our very first find, and we had a blast! Only about 3 miles from home, but the view is very well worth the climb to the top! I highly recommend this for anyone who is visiting the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival in April. The view of the tulip fields will be a unique photo opportunity! As a note, a previous log mentioned a gravel road that was use to return from the site, there is now a gate across the road with a residence close by.

"My first find! I live up the street so I thought I'd try one close to home."

Luckily it was a pretty easy one. I had bought the GPS for hiking and saw geocaching in the manual. I found this site and thought it looked interesting so I tried it out. If that first one had been an "evil hide" that would have been the end of my curiosity but I found it so here I am. The Mrs. found it to be fun too, she actually found the second one when I didn't- I told her about it and she took the GPS while I was at work and found it and another one in the same park. She signed up right away with her own username and Santa brought her a GPS of her own for Christmas that year.