Miles & kilometers

EsteRiet

Hi,

I wasn't able to read the 2000 topics in this forum. So, I'm sorry if this was proposed before.

- what about the possibility of making a permanent choice between miles/km in the personal profile or user preferences ?

- what about showing the distance to your home coordinates for all caches (when logged in). This is already done when looking for caches 'nearby', but it could be done for all caches.

Just a proposal that could be very usefull for non-US geocachers icon_smile.gif.

EsteRiet

quote:
Originally posted by EsteRiet:

- what about the possibility of making a permanent choice between miles/km in the personal profile or user preferences ?

I'll second that. Also could the date format on the cache pages be changed to YYMMDD. Having the month at the beginning is silly and confusing.

PDOP's GPS Pages

quote:
PDOP's wrote:

I'll second that. Also could the date format on the cache pages be changed to YYMMDD. Having the month at the beginning is silly and confusing.

And I'll second that! In the UK we normally use DDMMYY(YY), and though of course I often see MMDDYY(YY) on the web I still find it throws me.

Or better still, put the month in words.

Bill

-------------------------------

"Ah, take the Cache and let the Credit go..."

The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, trans. Edward Fitzgerald