Meeting limit on messages sent to another geocacher

GeoGryffindor

I have had this happen several times. I am logging my finds and in doing so, I have to email a geocacher to let them know the info that they requested in order to claim the cache. After emailing 8 to 10 geocachers, a message comes up and tells me that I have met my limit and will have to wait a while before I will get to do any more. And, I mean WAIT!!!!

Please, get rid of this feature - let me email!!!! I am begging. Don't you realize that I am trying to move up the leaderboard and I have to get them logged. I am on hands and knees begging. Tears running down my face. Please, please, please.

"Nice find! I must go tell Harry, Ron and Hermione."

quote:
Originally posted by GeoGryffindor:

Please, get rid of this feature - let me email!!!! I am begging. Don't you realize that I am trying to move up the leaderboard and I have to get them logged...

Its set this way to hopefully keep large numbers of cachers beings spamed threw gc.com. Im sorry its causing you problems icon_frown.gif, but I hope it is kept in place.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

Here's an idea to work around the limit. Check the cache owner's profile and if they have an email address listed, use it instead of going through gc.com. Save your gc.com emails for those users that don't list their email address. Man, you must do a lot of virtuals!

quote:
Originally posted by GeoGryffindor:

I have had this happen several times. I am logging my finds and in doing so, I have to email a geocacher to let them know the info that they requested in order to claim the cache. After emailing 8 to 10 geocachers, a message comes up and tells me that I have met my limit and will have to wait a while before I will get to do any more. And, I mean WAIT!!!!

Please, get rid of this feature - let me email!!!! I am begging. Don't you realize that I am trying to move up the leaderboard and I have to get them logged. I am on hands and knees begging. Tears running down my face. Please, please, please.

Well, we do a lot of virtuals because the ticks are so bad right now. My 8 year old daughter tested positive for Tularemia and the doctor told us to keep her away from any place that could potentially have ticks. (We almost always take our daughters with us.) But, she is as addicted to geocaching as we are, so, the solution is Virtuals. I guess that is why I get so upset when people criticize virtuals.

Anyway, back to the topic, when I go into the profile, I always email the secondary email address if there is one, just to avoid getting stopped on logging.

At the same time, I am so pleased with the way the site is running now, it really isn't a big problem. I just had to blow off a little steam (even though, as I hope everyone could tell, wasn't being all that serious).

I ran into the same concern before when wanting to email a bunch of people at once about an event or a forum topic, etc. E.g. another NE cacher had a "newbie cache hunt." He wanted to email all the NE cachers he could find that had few finds, but he had to start early because he could only do 10 each day.

Here is my suggestion, I think spammers would not be interested in using the site for spamming unless they could email a larger number of people. They can spend there time harvesting emails more efficiently elsewhere. How about raising the number of emails that can be sent each day to something like 30?

pokeanim3.gif