Garmin Oregon Thailand Maps

Open Street Maps?

Bit like, but not what, talkytoaster supplies. (His is a far better product!)

talkytoaster does not do thailand, so I have found the openstreetmap

Next question how do I get the map onto my oregon ?

The export button gives me a few options, but I am stuck..

easy list for a nunce please

Ta

Robin

This is something I bookmarked ages ago ...... but not had the need to investigate any further.

Free routable maps for Garmin brand GPS devices

Worth a look - also has a forum.

I was trying to think of that earlier today but for the life of me I couldn't remember the name or find the link.

I used it to produce maps for Menorca for my Etrex Vista when we went on holiday last year - worked like a charm so definitely worth a look.

Open Street Maps?

Bit like, but not what, talkytoaster supplies. (His is a far better product!)

talkytoaster does not do thailand, so I have found the openstreetmap

I can and do offer maps for many countries, but only on request.

I have managed to find a pre-compiled mapset for Thailand for you, please contact me and I'll send you the details and a link.

Regards,

Martin

Robin

This is something I bookmarked ages ago ...... but not had the need to investigate any further.

Free routable maps for Garmin brand GPS devices

Worth a look - also has a forum.

I've tried to put a map of Cyprus onto an SD card from this site and can't get it to work. I assumed it was just a case of cutting and pasteing the gmapsupp img file onto the card. But it isn't. (Sorry for the thread hi-jack)

I've tried to put a map of Cyprus onto an SD card from this site and can't get it to work. I assumed it was just a case of cutting and pasteing the gmapsupp img file onto the card. But it isn't. (Sorry for the thread hi-jack)

Did you put the img file in a 'Garmin' folder (subdirectory)?

Edited by The Patrician

Yes.

I did one of the US the other day via that site, dumped it in Garmin\GMAPSUPP.IMG and it worked without a problem. Do you have duplicate GMAPSUPP.IMG files? Say one in the Garmin folder on the GPS and one on the SD card. Is it possible that it doesn't like two files called GMAPSUPP.IMG? (I'm not 100% on that as my Dakota 10 doesn't take a card, just a guess) You can put multiple maps on your Garmin if you rename the files, so you can have GMAPSUPP.IMG, GMAPSUP2.IMG, and GMAPSUP3.IMG. Maybe try that and then change which map is enabled/disabled in Setup -> Maps.

Yes.

I did one of the US the other day via that site, dumped it in Garmin\GMAPSUPP.IMG and it worked without a problem. Do you have duplicate GMAPSUPP.IMG files? Say one in the Garmin folder on the GPS and one on the SD card. Is it possible that it doesn't like two files called GMAPSUPP.IMG? (I'm not 100% on that as my Dakota 10 doesn't take a card, just a guess) You can put multiple maps on your Garmin if you rename the files, so you can have GMAPSUPP.IMG, GMAPSUP2.IMG, and GMAPSUP3.IMG. Maybe try that and then change which map is enabled/disabled in Setup -> Maps.

I tried to put them on a card going into our 60CSx. There were two GMAPSUPP files but one was GMAPSUPP(2). It seemed to recognize the other one as it was a set of German maps. I've no idea when I put these on there...

I'm too scared to load maps onto my Oregon by the way (other than the Discoverer ones and a set that TalkyToaster did for us), in case I delete something I shouldn't.

I tried to put them on a card going into our 60CSx. There were two GMAPSUPP files but one was GMAPSUPP(2). It seemed to recognize the other one as it was a set of German maps. I've no idea when I put these on there...

I'm too scared to load maps onto my Oregon by the way (other than the Discoverer ones and a set that TalkyToaster did for us), in case I delete something I shouldn't.

The 60CSX does not support multiple mapsets in separate files, unlike the Colorado, Dakota, 62 and Oregon models. If you want a different mapset on a 60CSX then you need to put it on a separate card or rename them on the existing card via computer to GMAPSUPP.IMG (and the other mapset to any name you fancy as it will be ignored). Only the mapset called GMAPSUPP.IMG file will be active and used.

As the tagline for the Highlander film says "There can be only one!" ;)

Hope this helps?

Martin

Edited by talkytoaster

The 60CSX does not support multiple mapsets in separate files, unlike the Colorado, Dakota, 62 and Oregon models. If you want a different mapset on a 60CSX then you need to put it on a separate card or rename them on the existing card via computer to GMAPSUPP.IMG (and the other mapset to any name you fancy as it will be ignored). Only the mapset called GMAPSUPP.IMG file will be active and used.

As the tagline for the Highlander film says "There can be only one!" ;)

Hope this helps?

Martin

It does. Thanks a lot.

I didn't realise that Cyprus was included on the disc you did for us ages ago anyway! :)

Edited by Nick & Ali