Adding music to cache page

Bilder

I am working on a page for an upcoming cache and would like to add a music file (mission impossible theme).

I was told that you do not allow embedding anymore. Is there another way to add music that will be allowed?

Here is a rough draft of what the cache page will be like:

Mission Impossible

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

It's been done before on other caches before the new "rules" went into effect... Now I believe you are only limited to placing a link to the music file.

But I think you are on the right track... Just put some info on the cache page and the full information linked to your own site with a copy of the cache page formatted to your liking.

Free your mind and the rest will follow 30296_400.gif

---------------------------------------

Free your mind and the rest will follow

There's a reason that you are not allowed to embed music in a web page. Because many people hate it! Myself included. Place a link to the music file, if people want to listen to it, they will. Otherwise, those of us that hate music embedded in web pages will not be forced to listen.

I equate music embedded in web pages to spam, I know others do as well.

-Stroh

-Technology...I have no idea what I would do without my GPSr, my TiVo, or my Computer with a broadband connection. I guess I would spend more time with my wife! icon_smile.gif

That is very creative. I am also having trouble with the page I just created for a Halloween event cache. The approver was very responsive to my questions about the sound file being missing. Unfortunately, his suggestions are still not working, and I understand that the animated gif will soon go away if it has not already. We put the music file on our own page with a link to it, but it still does not work--midi or wav. In fact everything is linked to our server. It's not a big deal, but it was disappointing when it did not work at the gc site. It was a fun process creating the page, though.

Hopefully when Jeremy returns from his personal business (hope it was not too bad)he will give us more details on what will be allowed on the pages. I have no idea how to write html and used Front Page for my project. Thanks to gc.com for giving me this creative outlet--even though I am not very astute in its use. Good luck getting your page up and running.

quote:
Originally posted by Green Toad (f/k/a Stroh):I equate music embedded in web pages to spam, I know others do as well.

Me too... i decided to mute my midi channel which means I hear none of them anyway. Some people like it, so it's a shame if it's been banned purely on the grounds that some people don't like it

Cheers,

Emily & Neil

quote:
Green Toad wrote:

There's a reason that you are not allowed to embed music in a web page. Because many people hate it!

I hate it too. But that's not the reason it's been banned - it's because the embed tag has security issues.

Bill

-------------------------------

"Ah, take the Cache and let the Credit go..."

The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, trans. Edward Fitzgerald