SERISOULY AGIGTATED!

I don't think you have to worry about locking. I am confident we'll get another page out of this.

Coldgears said he pm'd keystone directly and as you can see, keystone has come and gone and we're still here.

I'm kind of wanting my ibtl souvenir now.

When someone is thoroughly embarrassing themselves and wishes that a thread would just die a quiet death there's not much chance it will be locked anytime soon! :huh: Sort of a Moderator's Revenge. :lol:

Pretty much, the longer this thread goes the more I lose all credibility I have ever gained.

If the OP wants an answer from Groundspeak, he should use the Feedback tool. Groundspeak does not monitor every forum thread. I think this thread illustrates why the UserVoice site was added for conversations with Groundspeak.

How?

They could just as easily follow the forums.

No, they couldn't. That is why we now have UserVoice.

Here is an example of a nice Feedback request: "Hi, I attended one of the World Wide Flash Mob events in June 2011. I understand that all who logged "attended" will receive a special souvenir. I haven't seen the souvenir appear. Is this a bug? If not, when can we expect the souvenir to be awarded?"

Now, that question would likely receive a response from one of the customer service Lackeys or maybe even the Lackey in charge of the Souvenir program.

In contrast, to distill that same question out of this train wreck, one must first wade past all the other trains, find this train, figure out that "SERISOULY AGIGTATED" was a thread relating to souvenirs, and then skip past all the side conversations about trackable logging etiquette, teens on the internet, spelling/grammar critiques, and trolling. I think Groundspeak grew weary of trying to do that.

I agree with the problem with the title. However, the OP's concern was stated in the first post, though not nearly as eloquently as you posed it. :)

Mods...it's clear the OP wants this thread closed.

How about it?

How about after this post nobody else posts and let it die a nice peaceful death?

Unfortunately that is not the way it works.

Well, it is how it works, but only once nobody feels a need to post. Not generally at the request of another poster.

BUT, you might try using the report button. Perhaps another moderator may see it and put you out of your misery.

We will allow Groundspeak to use this pic to make a souvenir.

keyhole-742659.jpg

Anyone who saw the key coming for this thread should get an IBTL Souvenir.

Please, give us our well deserved "Thread IBTL Souvenir", we really would like one and we did have fun.

SERISOULY! And we are NOT AGIGTATED at all.

There, we have posted the required two words for the Souvenir. :rolleyes:

-----------------------------

OK, sorry for dragging this back on-topic. One of the feedback topics (Guam souvenirs) had this note posted by moun10bike:

Production of country/state souvenirs is currently on hold as we address reworking the infrastructure of the feature

Maybe related, maybe not. Could explain the delay.

I got email updates about several souvenir related issues that I had commented on yesterday. I have no idea when/if the WWFM souvenir will be released but with GeoWoodstock coming up I imagine one will be created for that event. The message that I got indicated that when they start working on souvenirs again they'll start with a few related to events before starting to add more country/state souvenirs.

this thread is a prime example of RULE 11 of the Forum Guidelines :anibad:

11. Any messages you post in these discussion forums will remain available to the public for as long as this discussion board is online. Once you have posted your message, it will stay online. Please post carefully and with due consideration to the content of your post. We will not edit the content you wrote unless it does not conform to the forum guidelines. In the unlikely event that we do edit your post and you do not like the changes, we can delete the message at your request.

Thank you t4e for pointing out that little-noticed rule from our forum guidelines. A few times per month, someone will write to me asking for their controversial thread to be "deleted." We don't do that - we ask community members to "own their words." (To be clear, Coldgears has NOT asked for this thread to be deleted. He and others have asked for it to be closed. Another moderator who isn't participating in the thread may decide to close this topic once it's played out.)

this thread is a prime example of RULE 11 of the Forum Guidelines :anibad:

11. Any messages you post in these discussion forums will remain available to the public for as long as this discussion board is online. Once you have posted your message, it will stay online. Please post carefully and with due consideration to the content of your post. We will not edit the content you wrote unless it does not conform to the forum guidelines. In the unlikely event that we do edit your post and you do not like the changes, we can delete the message at your request.

I would chalk this one up as a learning experience. There is no "hallowed ground" when it comes to the interwebs. Own your words when you post them, because posts cannot be taken back so easily. When you say something out of emotion, it is better to "man(woman) up" and admit your mistake as opposed to denying what was clearly stated.

I Believe in This Logic :)

We will allow Groundspeak to use this pic to make a souvenir.

keyhole-742659.jpg

Anyone who saw the key coming for this thread should get an IBTL Souvenir.

Please, give us our well deserved "Thread IBTL Souvenir", we really would like one and we did have fun.

SERISOULY! And we are NOT AGIGTATED at all.

There, we have posted the required two words for the Souvenir. :rolleyes:

-----------------------------

1. Once this thread is locked, people will be clamoring for their "IBTL Souvenir"
  2. Groundspeak has already said that they are putting Souvenir Development on hold.

Therefore, this thread will not be locked until they have resolved the issues that have put development on hold and actually have the IBTL Souvenir prepared for those of us eagerly awaiting their reward.

Ah heck I'll take an IBTL souvi too. The one above looks awesome!

CG I hear you fella. I am not an "achievment hound" but a bit of a stats hound. I grew up playing (and still play) many sports and always play to win. I also collect things and am a financial analyst so naturally the numbers count. I would like to have lots of souvis but I don't put them high on my wishlist. We all play the game for our own reasons and I hope you get the best out of it as you wish. Good luck and good work being a good sport through this thread!

Mods...it's clear the OP wants this thread closed.

How about it?

I could never agree with the stance that the OP of a thread has the "right" to get the thread locked. They still do it sometimes for some reason, but I don't think they should.

I can pretty much guarantee Coldgears plays xbox live, which is why he would want the souvenir. They are the equivalent to xbox live achievements. I know people that get gipped on their live achievements get pretty passionate about it too!

OMG, How'd you know. I am an achievement, errm, "gardening tool" (Achievement "gardening tools" is the unofficial name for people who will do anything for achievements.) Yep, I've played Hannah Montana, Kinectimals, Avatar the last airbender, and plenty other terrible kids games, sinking hours just to get achievements. After spending over 80 hours getting every achievement in Fallout 3, I then preceded to pay $30 to buy the same game for the PC (PC games have a seperate list of achievements) and then used console commands (E.G. cheats) to unlock all the achievements, never to play the game I spent $30 on again (Hey, I spent 80 hours once, why do it again in the same game when I can cheat...) 1/10 of every cent I make has been going towards my, "My horse and me 2" fund, the game was in limited production, and is super-rare, coupled with the fact that it was only made and sold in the U.K (it's PAL but it's region free so it works on NTSC) so it costs nearly $120 for one of the worst kid games ever. But hey I need those achievements. I've ruined fun games by going for achievements. For example, once my friend texted me (Real life text, he's a real life friend.) and asked me to play Halo:Reach with him, I was like ... Sure. So I put him and his other friend on the other team, and I screamed at him to let me kill them both to get a double kill from the grave. When he saw me in person the next day, he wasn't happy, but hey... I got an achievement?

You got me down to a "T" which is why I love not just souvenir's but stat's alltogether. I want to go farther and farther from home, finding more and more caches so I can get this number up! :D :D :D

However, to prevent people from getting mad. Unlike Xbox Live achievements, I have never done anything not fun geocaching related for stats, souvenir's, or find count. The only time I go for parking lot caches is when I was in the parking lot anyway for other reason's (E.G. shopping.) Please don't flame me for this! :o :o :o

Coldgears, this post just made my day! My kids would totally understand the "I-really-need-this-achievement" attitude. God forbid that I interrupt the game when they're close to getting a new achievement!

Another moderator who isn't participating in the thread may decide to close this topic once it's played out.

Now I'm curious what other account you post under. I understand being hands off mod-wise if you are part of the conversationm but even if you are participating under a different name as a "regular" poster, why can't you close the thread once the OP specifically requests it? Just curious.

Coldgears, this post just made my day! My kids would totally understand the "I-really-need-this-achievement" attitude. God forbid that I interrupt the game when they're close to getting a new achievement!

i thought only caches can get an achievement :anibad:

i thought only caches can get an achievement :anibad:

This "I-really-need-this-achievement" attitude does offer a plausible excuse for the typo in that other thread, at least, doesn't it? :lol:

There gets to be a point where it's just not funny any more.

That point actually occurred a while ago. Not sure why this thread wasn't locked when the OP requested it. Other threads get locked pretty quickly when the OP requests it, either in a pm to a moderator, or in the thread itself.

Edited by Pup Patrol
I'm thinking this is some sort of "get back"

I'm thinking you are wrong. No, not just "wrong". That's not strong enough.

Incredibly wrong? Horrendously wrong? Stupendously wrong? Those seem more accurate.

Keystone is one of the most professional forum moderators I've ever seen.

Not quite as good as PuppyMonster, but darn close.

Oh... And in case the souvenir rumors hold any water: "IBTL!"

You are correct about Keystone, he continues to impress me with his professional responses.

However, I've seen many threads locked because the OP requested it. I don't understand why the OP can't get this thread locked.

You sound SERISOULY AGIGTATED about this.

I've seen threads closed for going too far off topic as well, and this one is a complete train wreck in that regards.

Hey, have you heard anything about Flask's neighbor's cats? I wonder how they are doing...

Hey, have you heard anything about Flask's neighbor's cats? I wonder how they are doing...

No, but I can tell you about my neighbors' cats. They've been making their way into my yard, as a couple of slats fell off my backyard fence. Time to go fix that fence...

It's a life lesson in progress.

What lesson is that?

That if you leave a thread open long enough that either people will pick at the OP enough until someone gets banned or they'll start feeling sorry enough for him that you don't really need to lock it any longer?

He's taken his licks already. Locking the thread does not remove the posts, so no worries about losing any history. It just stops the pile on, which I thought was the purpose of having mods. If they're not going to do their job, then why in the heck do they exist?

No, but I can tell you about my neighbors' cats. They've been making their way into my yard, as a couple of slats fell off my backyard fence. Time to go fix that fence...

If you can't fix the cats, then fix the fence. Boy, it sure is hot here today! 102F.