SERISOULY AGIGTATED!

If the OP wants an answer from Groundspeak, he should use the Feedback tool. Groundspeak does not monitor every forum thread. I think this thread illustrates why the UserVoice site was added for conversations with Groundspeak.

How?

They could just as easily follow the forums.

If the OP wants an answer from Groundspeak, he should use the Feedback tool. Groundspeak does not monitor every forum thread. I think this thread illustrates why the UserVoice site was added for conversations with Groundspeak.

How?

Volume. They can either watch 1000s of posts here OR watch a dozen or so that matter elsewhere.

PLEASE!!! Make it stop!!! :laughing:

We can get at least one more page out of it.

Woohoo! Look at me, I'm on page 3! I will make a serious comment though. Souvenir's just came out last year, and there was some grumbling around here, but I said it was a good idea, and would be successful. As evidenced by Coldgears, people covet them. Even if they are a blatant copy of Foursquare badges. :D

I'm sure it's coming. Look how long it took the souvenirs to get released initially -- one or two US states and a German Bundesland at a time, every couple days.

Initially it looked like other countries outside of the 50 US states + DC, 16 German Bundeslaender and 7 Canadian provinces were going to get souvenirs rather quickly, but only four countries, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Poland, and Portugal, ended up getting one. Which disappointed me a little -- we've cached in most of Europe and were looking forward to seeing what the souvenirs looked like -- but then I forgot all about them until this thread came up.

The WWFM souvenir would be the first new one since 15 February. Which I guess begs the question, are souvenirs the new Wherigo (neat idea in theory, too much work to fully implement in practice)? I hope not, but I guess we'll see.

We're headed to San Diego in a week or so, I'm idly curious as to whether the WWFM souvenir will be in place before the California souvenir populates. I've got enough other things that are higher on my priority list, though, like getting gold guns in Black Ops. B) (Only a few more prestiges to go...)

edit: ibtl

Edited by hzoi

WAIT a minute, now I am aggitated. We were promised a lock. WHAT HAPPENED?

WAIT a minute, now I am aggitated. We were promised a lock. WHAT HAPPENED?

What happened is you're spelling it wrong. It's "agigtated" :ph34r:

Edit : ok ok I'll play. IBTL.

Edited by Chrysalides

Initially it looked like other countries outside of the 50 US states + DC, 16 German Bundeslaender and 7 Canadian provinces were going to get souvenirs rather quickly, but only four countries, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Poland, and Portugal, ended up getting one.

Just for the record... All 10 Canadian provinces (and three territories) got souvenirs.

I never really intended to spell it that way. You're misquoting me.

Wnat i should pull up post where it was spelled correctly brah?

Edited by baloo&bd

Initially it looked like other countries outside of the 50 US states + DC, 16 German Bundeslaender and 7 Canadian provinces were going to get souvenirs rather quickly, but only four countries, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Poland, and Portugal, ended up getting one.

Just for the record... All 10 Canadian provinces (and three territories) got souvenirs.

Seven, ten, whatever. :laughing: I'm just glad I didn't get Nunavut for the find with the bogus coordinates up there. Actually, forget that, that would be pretty cool. I'll bet very few people have that.

I never really intended to spell it that way. You're misquoting me.

Wnat i should pull up post where it was spelled correctly brah?

I don't know whether your insulting me, or just joking. :(

PLEASE!!! Make it stop!!! :laughing:

We can get at least one more page out of it.

That really only depends on how many posts per page it shows for you.

We need an IBTL souvenir. Seriously.

Seriously?

Serisouly.

Seriously?

Of course! That's the only reason I'm posting here in the first place. Do you think I really enjoy this?

Now we just need to argue for a page or so and you can tell us that you lied about that because you were angry. :laughing:

OK, sorry for dragging this back on-topic. One of the feedback topics (Guam souvenirs) had this note posted by moun10bike:

Production of country/state souvenirs is currently on hold as we address reworking the infrastructure of the feature

Maybe related, maybe not. Could explain the delay.

Seriously?

Of course! That's the only reason I'm posting here in the first place. Do you think I really enjoy this?

Now we just need to argue for a page or so and you can tell us that you lied about that because you were angry. :laughing:

I AM NOT ANGRY!!! :mad:

Seriously?

I AM NOT ANGRY!!! :mad:

Please tell me you were at least lying!

Edited by mresoteric

I can pretty much guarantee Coldgears plays xbox live, which is why he would want the souvenir. They are the equivalent to xbox live achievements. I know people that get gipped on their live achievements get pretty passionate about it too!

OMG, How'd you know. I am an achievement, errm, "gardening tool" (Achievement "gardening tools" is the unofficial name for people who will do anything for achievements.) Yep, I've played Hannah Montana, Kinectimals, Avatar the last airbender, and plenty other terrible kids games, sinking hours just to get achievements. After spending over 80 hours getting every achievement in Fallout 3, I then preceded to pay $30 to buy the same game for the PC (PC games have a seperate list of achievements) and then used console commands (E.G. cheats) to unlock all the achievements, never to play the game I spent $30 on again (Hey, I spent 80 hours once, why do it again in the same game when I can cheat...) 1/10 of every cent I make has been going towards my, "My horse and me 2" fund, the game was in limited production, and is super-rare, coupled with the fact that it was only made and sold in the U.K (it's PAL but it's region free so it works on NTSC) so it costs nearly $120 for one of the worst kid games ever. But hey I need those achievements. I've ruined fun games by going for achievements. For example, once my friend texted me (Real life text, he's a real life friend.) and asked me to play Halo:Reach with him, I was like ... Sure. So I put him and his other friend on the other team, and I screamed at him to let me kill them both to get a double kill from the grave. When he saw me in person the next day, he wasn't happy, but hey... I got an achievement?

You got me down to a "T" which is why I love not just souvenir's but stat's alltogether. I want to go farther and farther from home, finding more and more caches so I can get this number up! :D :D :D

However, to prevent people from getting mad. Unlike Xbox Live achievements, I have never done anything not fun geocaching related for stats, souvenir's, or find count. The only time I go for parking lot caches is when I was in the parking lot anyway for other reason's (E.G. shopping.) Please don't flame me for this! :o :o :o

They are the equivalent to xbox live achievements. I know people that get gipped on their live achievements get pretty passionate about it too!

I hate it when a cache gets wrongly achieved. :mad:

ibtl4.gif

I don't think you have to worry about locking. I am confident we'll get another page out of this.

Coldgears said he pm'd keystone directly and as you can see, keystone has come and gone and we're still here.

I'm kind of wanting my ibtl souvenir now.

How?

No, they couldn't. That is why we now have UserVoice.

Here is an example of a nice Feedback request: "Hi, I attended one of the World Wide Flash Mob events in June 2011. I understand that all who logged "attended" will receive a special souvenir. I haven't seen the souvenir appear. Is this a bug? If not, when can we expect the souvenir to be awarded?"

Now, that question would likely receive a response from one of the customer service Lackeys or maybe even the Lackey in charge of the Souvenir program.

In contrast, to distill that same question out of this train wreck, one must first wade past all the other trains, find this train, figure out that "SERISOULY AGIGTATED" was a thread relating to souvenirs, and then skip past all the side conversations about trackable logging etiquette, teens on the internet, spelling/grammar critiques, and trolling. I think Groundspeak grew weary of trying to do that.

I don't think you have to worry about locking. I am confident we'll get another page out of this.

Coldgears said he pm'd keystone directly and as you can see, keystone has come and gone and we're still here.

When someone is thoroughly embarrassing themselves and wishes that a thread would just die a quiet death there's not much chance it will be locked anytime soon! :huh: Sort of a Moderator's Revenge. :lol:

How?

No, they couldn't. That is why we now have UserVoice.

Here is an example of a nice Feedback request: "Hi, I attended one of the World Wide Flash Mob events in June 2011. I understand that all who logged "attended" will receive a special souvenir. I haven't seen the souvenir appear. Is this a bug? If not, when can we expect the souvenir to be awarded?"

Now, that question would likely receive a response from one of the customer service Lackeys or maybe even the Lackey in charge of the Souvenir program.

In contrast, to distill that same question out of this train wreck, one must first wade past all the other trains, find this train, figure out that "SERISOULY AGIGTATED" was a thread relating to souvenirs, and then skip past all the side conversations about trackable logging etiquette, teens on the internet, spelling/grammar critiques, and trolling. I think Groundspeak grew weary of trying to do that.

On the other hand, a moderator that was following the thread could easily forward it to a lackey under the subject of "Cacher wants to know status of WWFM souvenir". Many of us feel that Uservoice is a poor substitute for communication.

When someone is thoroughly embarrassing themselves and wishes that a thread would just die a quiet death there's not much chance it will be locked anytime soon! :huh: Sort of a Moderator's Revenge. :lol:

Best thing the OP can do is to mention a regional issue. It will very quickly get moved to a forum that nobody reads.

On the other hand, a moderator that was following the thread could easily forward it to a lackey under the subject of "Cacher wants to know status of WWFM souvenir". Many of us feel that Uservoice is a poor substitute for communication.

I wonder what happens if I start a new topic in Uservoice, use "SERISOULY AGIGTATED" as title and copy/paste the first post as message body?

I wonder what happens if I start a new topic in Uservoice, use "SERISOULY AGIGTATED" as title and copy/paste the first post as message body?

A mandatory spell checker for the forums, I would guess.

this would be a time and one would wish they can put themselves on ignore list :lol: