SERISOULY AGIGTATED!

You're joking aren't you?

I will not be getting a Flash Mob Souvenir, since family issues prevented me from being able to attend the local flash mob event. Similarly, I did not get a 10/10/10 souvenir, though I had planned to attend the local event; again because a family issue prevented me.

Geocaching is pretty low down on the priority list for me, so there are numerous reasons why I might not attend a geocaching event. I find it particularly insulting that souvenirs are even given for these events. I would have attended both 10/10/10 and yesterday's flash mob if I was able to. A souvenir would not have made the difference whether I attended or not. I suppose I could be bitter because I can never get these souvenirs now. I refuse to see the lack of these souvenirs on my profile as anything to be bitter about. I had a sick relative to take care of and that was what was most important at the time.

So when someone is SERISOULY AGIGTATED because some worthless hokey pixels don't show on their profile page, that seems shallow and narcissistic. You ought to crawl in a corner and think about people who had more important things to do on Saturday than go someplace to get some pixels added their geocaching profile.

Awesome.

Edited by Castle Mischief

You're joking aren't you?

I will not be getting a Flash Mob Souvenir, since family issues prevented me from being able to attend the local flash mob event. Similarly, I did not get a 10/10/10 souvenir, though I had planned to attend the local event; again because a family issue prevented me.

Geocaching is pretty low down on the priority list for me, so there are numerous reasons why I might not attend a geocaching event. I find it particularly insulting that souvenirs are even given for these events. I would have attended both 10/10/10 and yesterday's flash mob if I was able to. A souvenir would not have made the difference whether I attended or not. I suppose I could be bitter because I can never get these souvenirs now. I refuse to see the lack of these souvenirs on my profile as anything to be bitter about. I had a sick relative to take care of and that was what was most important at the time.

So when someone is SERISOULY AGIGTATED because some worthless hokey pixels don't show on their profile page, that seems shallow and narcissistic. You ought to crawl in a corner and think about people who had more important things to do on Saturday than go someplace to get some pixels added their geocaching profile.

Actually, TOZ... you do sound like you care. In fact, you are coming across as bitter about the fact that you didn't and can't get them. Does not compute, 'cause that doesn't sound like you to me.

No. Not bitter. Perhaps you can say I'm jealous of people who get such joy from souvenirs it becomes their motivation for caching. Just as some seem jealous that those whose pleasure comes from numbers can have fun finding LPCs or spending 24 hours on a power trail. I suppose I should accept that people like geocaching for what seems to me as trivial and meaningless reasons, given the stances I've taken on other issues. The fact is I've always felt souvenirs were a bit hokey and had nothing to do with the reasons I like geocaching. Awarding them for one time events where you already get a find for attending seems doubly ludicrous.

I refuse to see the lack of these souvenirs on my profile as anything to be bitter about.

"You're joking aren't you?"

"I find it particularly insulting that souvenirs are even given for these events"

"some worthless hokey pixels"

"shallow and narcissistic"

"crawl in a corner"

Did you say you're not going to be bitter? :unsure:<_<

I was rather amazed to read this tirade from the Grand Master of Geocaching Tolerance.

I reckon the whole "Cache as thou wilt" concept doesn't apply to stuff you don't like?

Do we need to break out the ice cream analogies? :huh:

I definitely went to have fun, trust me, I don't do things that aren't fun. That's why I skipped out on tenth anniversity of geocaching events (remember, I almost would NEVER give up a chance for a specific Icon), they were all, "let's eat dinner at some restuarant", which isn't much fun.

hmmmz....your posts from this very thread are a contradiction to what you just said above, especially the bolded part.

I want my world-wide flash mob souvenir that WAS PROMISED! I keep refreshing the page, but I can't find it. Where is it!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SERISOULY ?

Yes, I wouldn't have done a flash-mob otherwise!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yep, you say things when your mad you don't mean. I did truly enjoy the flash-mob, and I went there knowing full-well it would be fun. However, I am extremely frustrated by the lack of souvenir's promised.

^That's the 100% "i've calmed down and I'm not mad anymore" truth! :)

take a step back for a moment and think about this....10 year events...when the idea of them being held world wide first came out there were no promises of anything special showing up in organizer's/attendee's profiles, the idea was to organize the events to celebrate and have fun as each organizer saw fit or was able to do

there has been quite an effort going into those events, special coins were minted, and pretty much everyone holding a 10 year event ordered at least 100, which translated into a cash outlay of about $650CAD, at least thats the price i paid, luckily i found someone else to share the batch with

this was way before anyone committed to buying any, so we all took a leap and spent a generous amount of money hoping that those coins will sell and we will not end up with a loss

i know many out there put a great effort into making their event a memorable one and the majority had to spend more money to make it happen, with no guarantee that they will recover any of their costs

the point of all this is that we all did it because we wanted to be part of a worldwide celebration and not because GC promised to give us anything...

in the late stages, and if my memory serves me right it was about a month before the events were to take place, GC announced that a special icon will be issued....and this was way past the time when people have made all their arrangements and commitments and the cash outlays

i personally spent a considerable amount of time, effort and money into organizing my event, from designing the coin, to contacting various vendors for the possibility of them sponsoring the event with some swag for prizes, to scouting for a good place to hold it, to making sure that i'm getting enough food for everyone, to making a nice big sign to ID our event, placing about 5 new caches to be available first to those attending, making a schedule to ensure the 6 hours we planned to be there will be kept interesting and keep everyone "engaged" and right down to getting decorations for our venue

so with all that said, do you understand now how your "SERISOULY AGIGTATED!" attitude comes across?...you admittedly hold a 15 minute flashmob just so you can get a souvenir and come in here screaming and kicking demanding it.....you did this for yourself, and yourself only, not just because you wanted to have fun with others...so there, that is what your demanding attitude looks like, to me at least

Edited by t4e

You misread my intentions. I said clearly I enjoy events and would not do one I don't enjoy. However I also like getting souvenir's. You seem to live in a different area then me. Until the icon was announced there really weren't many (if any) events planned. Which is why they all turned into a "let's eat here" event. I wanted to do an event so I searched using the geocaching maps for an event. In fact it wasn't until AFTER I decided I wanted to go that I even noticed the souvenir. Read about my excitement in the thread I made announcing the WWFM events that alone should be proof enough I truly wanted to go for fun. At the same time I still like souvenirs and its frustrating and dissapointing not to get one. your misinterpreting my intentions.

You misread my intentions. I said clearly I enjoy events and would not do one I don't enjoy. However I also like getting souvenir's. You seem to live in a different area then me. Until the icon was announced there really weren't many (if any) events planned. Which is why they all turned into a "let's eat here" event. I wanted to do an event so I searched using the geocaching maps for an event. In fact it wasn't until AFTER I decided I wanted to go that I even noticed the souvenir. Read about my excitement in the thread I made announcing the WWFM events that alone should be proof enough I truly wanted to go for fun. At the same time I still like souvenirs and its frustrating and dissapointing not to get one. your misinterpreting my intentions.

NO, you're insulting my intelligence...i'm not your school buddies to try pulling the wool over my eyes and retracting what you said

you want me to quote your post again where you clearly said you wouldn't have done the flashmob if it wasn't for the souvenir?

learn to stand by your own words, don't tell me i am misinterpreting your intentions

anyway this is becoming a waste of my time...good luck with your attitude!

Not denial. You refuse to click the thread below this one, remember... the one where I explain flashmob events after first learning about them? I can't do an exact quote but this is close "basically you gol do some crazy thing for 15 minutes then leave sounds like mega fun." Then I explained what made them so fun and great. Afterwords I posted "its totally worth the 40 minute drive there and back for the insane amount of fun." You want to harp on one post I made while angry then use your head. Your trolling.

Not denial. You refuse to click the thread below this one, remember... the one where I explain flashmob events after first learning about them? I can't do an exact quote but this is close "basically you gol do some crazy thing for 15 minutes then leave sounds like mega fun." Then I explained what made them so fun and great. Afterwords I posted "its totally worth the 40 minute drive there and back for the insane amount of fun." You want to harp on one post I made while angry then use your head. Your trolling.

It doesn't really matter how many other threads you have extolling the virtues of flashmob events and how much fun they are. The fact is YOU wrote that you would not have done the event if not for the souvenir.

SERISOULY ?

Yes, I wouldn't have done a flash-mob otherwise!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm really surprised to see you tell someone else they are trolling. I figured from the start that this whole thread was a troll, but didn't comment as such since I thought it was a rather transparent one.

Reading this thread makes me serisouly agigtated.

This thread makes me want to grab a donut and enjoy the show. :omnomnom:

An older head can't be put on younger shoulders. - Batman :laughing:

Not denial. You refuse to click the thread below this one, remember... the one where I explain flashmob events after first learning about them?

I found the thread and read it. It re-enforces the emphasis on souvenirs.

20 miles is how far it is from me? It usually taked about 40 minutes to get their, do you suggest I leave early.

I'm surprised no-one else is doing this... Do none of you care about official Groundspeak souvenir's?

I knew about them before, BUT, this is the first one that has a souvenir. When I said, "I just found out" about them, I meant I found out about the series of WorldWide FlashMob events that are getting a souvenir.

:omnomnom:

I can't believe this trainwreck of a thread is still going...

I wonder how many of the people arguing with this kid realize that he just turned 16 yesterday?

Serisouly, you're really carrying on this kind of a conversation with a child?

Obviously CG has anger issues and can sometimes speak out of turn, but the rest of you? :huh:

I wonder how many of the people arguing with this kid realize that he just turned 16 yesterday?

Obviously CG has anger issues and can sometimes speak out of turn, but the rest of you? :huh:

I think at this point EVERYONE knows should know he is 16. It's been brought up enough times.

It's also been pointed out several times that he makes posts to get everyone's goat too; and he's admitted to it.

That's why I figured this was another such thread. But kind of hard to tell now if was just trying to get a reaction or if he is seriously that caught up in the whole souvenir thing.

(changed knows to should know)

Edited by mresoteric

hmmz a child you say?....he's now old enough to get his driver's licence...that thought combined with his denial attitude and anger management issues is seriously scary.....

That's why I figured this was another such thread. But kind of hard to tell now if was just trying to get a reaction or if he is seriously that caught up in the whole souvenir thing.

Why are you guys being so mean about this whole thing? I told you already, I went to the flash mob because I thought it would be fun, hence why I posted..

I may be waaay out there. But I just found out about the flash mob events. Basically you go, do some crazy stupid thing for 15 minutes in public (city) then go home. It sounds like mega-fun.

It has the best of everything, you get to act stupid, you get to be in a huge crowd, and you get to be in the best setting in the world. Big cities!

Anyway, It's totally worth the 40 minute drive to the closest one (and 40 mins back) just for the insane amount of fun I'll get. Now all I need is to find a costume...

Does that SOUND like a post somebody would make if they only wanted a souvenir? Or does it sound like I truly wanted to enjoy myself? In fact, other then the thread title I didn't even bring up Souvenir's at all in my original post. Why? Because I was more worried about the fun, then a souvenir!!!

Like I said before, when I logged it and didn't get a souvenir I was disappointed. It's like having a birthday party, and then you go for the cake and it's not there. You went to the birthday party for the fun of the party, and to celebrate your birth, but you have every right to be dissapointed you didn't get a cake.

That's what happened, I went to the event for the fun and enjoyment, and then when I didn't get the souvenir I got upset and posted this thread. When somebody responded, "seriously?" myself, already extremely upset, made up a lie about how I only went for the souvenir.

How can you guys be so oblivious to the fact that it was a lie? I posted in a previous thread the excitement and how I wanted to go for fun! This thread is seriously not a troll, I truly was upset about not getting the souvenir.

Can we please move on from the point that I only went for the souvenir? I've gave you proof, and I'm telling you what really happened. If you can't believe that then I don't know what to do? Have none of you ever lied when angry?

The only reason I'm not asking a mod to lock this is because I want a Groundspeak employee to explain when the souvenir is going to be handed out. Until the Groundspeak employee does can we keep this thread on topic, and not attack me over stuff I clearly proved was wrong?

combined with his denial attitude

I don't have a denial attitude! I don't deny in the least bit that I posted I only went for the souvenir, however, I'm trying to tell you it was a lie.

Most of the meanness in this thread is a direct result of that. You have to live with the results of your actions.

I don't have a denial attitude! I don't deny in the least bit that I posted I only went for the souvenir, however, I'm trying to tell you it was a lie.

Most of the meanness in this thread is a direct result of that. You have to live with the results of your actions.

Yep, I really should have never posted that in the first place. I probably should have made this thread without typo's, and should have thought it through and asked my question in a nice thoughtful matter.

Instead, I'm here trying to set things straight so people in these forums don't hate me.

Like I said before, when I logged it and didn't get a souvenir I was disappointed. It's like having a birthday party, and then you go for the cake and it's not there. You went to the birthday party for the fun of the party, and to celebrate your birth, but you have every right to be dissapointed you didn't get a cake.

Having read your other thread it's more like attending a birthday party because someone promised you some cake. You might have had some fun while at the party but you went for the cake and got seriously agigtated when it didn't materialize.

The difference here is that if you didn't get the cake at the party, you probably aren't going to get any cake.

But since souvenirs are just digital bling, you will likely get it in due time. Patience, my friend.

Yep, I really should have never posted that in the first place. I probably should have made this thread without typo's, and should have thought it through and asked my question in a nice thoughtful matter.

Instead, I'm here trying to set things straight so people in these forums don't hate me.

I don't hate you, Coldgears. And I really THANK you for the misspellings. We will continue to use them for years here.

Having read your other thread

Actually, I found out about the event because I wanted to do an event that weekend and that sounded like the most fun one to do. It's not like I just randomly searched for geocaches in princeton, and found out there was an event. I was actively looking for one as I thought it would be fun to do. <_<

Oh, btw, I'm going to another event in a couple weeks, this one doesn't have a souvenir, doing that one for fun too. :P

I don't hate you, Coldgears. And I really THANK you for the misspellings. We will continue to use them for years here.

Yep, you still use Pinehurst's old spelling mistakes! :lol: :lol:

Edited by Coldgears

Actually, I found out about the event because I wanted to do an event that weekend and that sounded like the most fun one to do. It's not like I just randomly searched for geocaches in princeton, and found out there was an event. I was actively looking for one as I thought it would be fun to do. <_<

Oh, btw, I'm going to another event in a couple weeks, this one doesn't have a souvenir, doing that one for fun too. :P

Did you miss the questions I asked in this post? http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=275505&view=findpost&p=4733925

Did you miss the questions I asked in this post? http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=275505&view=findpost&p=4733925

Actually, knowschad, those questions are essentially what I made this thread for. I wanted answers...

Anyway, this thread has run it's course and I PMed a mod to lock it.