SERISOULY AGIGTATED!

Also, please note, there will be a ONE TIME ONLY official Geocaching.com souvenir awarded to any cacher who was logged ANY WWFM within two weeks of the event date!
Sooooo... WHERE IS IT!
Isn't it right here?

Seriously, though, you shouldn't post coin & bug numbers in your log of the event.

Edited by Too Tall John

I want my world-wide flash mob souvenir that WAS PROMISED! I keep refreshing the page, but I can't find it. Where is it!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

delete the dadgum trackable ID's from your log before those innocent things get locked

Travel bugs get locked if people are deliberately offering them up for discovery, by posting the numbers publicly, or giving out the numbers freely so that people who never even encounter the TB can log it. It's considered abuse of the website system to pass tracking numbers out freely, allowing virtual logging. People should only be discovering TBs or geocoins they actually see.

delete the dadgum trackable ID's from your log before those innocent things get locked

I know what I'm doing. I showed everyone at the Event (It was a small event) these coins. Nobody had the time to write all the codes down. I'm keeping close tabs on who's logging them (I know who was at the event) and i will delete the log as everyone finishs logging the event to prevent people from looking at the logs at a later date.

EDIT: I just deleted the codes of the two trackables I don't own, on my own trackables I can delete logs of those who I did not meet at the event, however other people may not delete those logs as they were not at the event and don't know who was there...

Does that satisfy you now?

Edited by Coldgears
I just deleted the codes of the two trackables I don't own, on my own trackables I can delete logs of those who I did not meet at the event, however other people may not delete those logs as they were not at the event and don't know who was there...

Does that satisfy you now?

We're just trying to help you not get your TB's locked. Re-read Eartha's post. Eartha, by the way, is a Moderator.
Travel bugs get locked if people are deliberately offering them up for discovery, by posting the numbers publicly, or giving out the numbers freely so that people who never even encounter the TB can log it. It's considered abuse of the website system to pass tracking numbers out freely, allowing virtual logging. People should only be discovering TBs or geocoins they actually see.
I don't see an exception for people who promise to "delete logs of those who (they) did not meet at the event."

It just says "Travel bugs get locked if people are deliberately offering them up for discovery, by posting the numbers publicly..."

So, now that you've been properly warned, don't start a thread on "My TB's Got Locked!" It's not on the "Forum Schedule" anyway...

I want my world-wide flash mob souvenir that WAS PROMISED! I keep refreshing the page, but I can't find it. Where is it!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Geeze, dude.... settle! Its just a picture. A bitmap. A jpeg. With 50 cents and that souvenir you can buy Starbrand a coke. Or so he says.

Calm down dude, I'm waiting for everybody I met at the event to log them as "discovered", the log will be deleted by tomorrow before I go to bed, as most people will have logged them by then. I doubt anyone would lock my trackables, when I'm only allowing people that I met at the event to log them. It's much easier to list them on the cache page for two days, then to E-mail everyone.

Problem is that now those numbers will be searchable via Google and you will likely have a bunch of bogus logs at which point Groundspeak will likely step in and lock those trackables since you voluntarily posted them on the internet for everyone to see.

I deleted my logs due to threats of you locking them. I guess people who legitimately saw them can't log them... Great... <_< <_< <_<

Who's "you"? We don't lock any trackables. Groundspeak admin locks those trackables. People here are trying to help you, dude.

You could add text that says "if you saw the coin but can't remember the code, send me an email" or something to that effect.

Let's move on from the trackables. That horse is well now beaten. Lesson learned.

As for the souvenirs...

Setting up souvenirs for yesterdays events is more involved than most other souvenirs. Until now, the programming for the souvenirs was as simple as checking the location of the cache/event or the date. For this souvenir someone has to code in each event as a qualifier before attending the attendance.

I'm sure the souvenir will appear. If not in the next couple of days, then in two weeks when the qualifying period ends. Just be patient. smile.gif

I deleted my logs due to threats of you locking them. I guess people who legitimately saw them can't log them... Great... <_< <_< <_<

Let's move on from the trackables. That horse is well now beaten. Lesson learned.

Think so?

Today there's a new member on one of the local cache sites I'm on.

His name just happens to be the same as the OP and he wants to give those who attended an event a chance to log his coins. Five of 'em.

What lesson was learned here?

Think so?

His name just happens to be the same as the OP and he wants to give those who attended an event a chance to log his coins. Five of 'em.

The thread topic is regarding Souvenirs not showing up. Lets not continue with the beating up of Coldgears for his spelling and attempts to get people to discover his geocoins. Forum guidelines ask that we be "courteous, polite and respectful."

All I can say is I attended yesterday's FM event to hobnob with fellow cachers, not so I could get some silly souvenir or show off my coin collection.

I did hear that the souvenir for the event will be posted to attendees accounts at 0200 Hrs. (that's 2AM to you regular folks) when it finally comes through. When it does (and nobody knows what day it will happen), you will have fifteen minuted to click the 'I agree to the terms of service for this souvenir' button. If you don't click in time, you loose your chance at ever getting it.

The thread topic is regarding Souvenirs not showing up. Lets not continue with the beating up of Coldgears for his spelling and attempts to get people to discover his geocoins. Forum guidelines ask that we be "courteous, polite and respectful."

Agreed. Request made and responded to.

But I think the spelling was intentional! :huh:

Think so?

I think Coldgears (an Off-Topic regular) knows that my teasing about the spelling is done in fun. At least, I hope you realize that, CG.

Think so?

I think Coldgears (an Off-Topic regular) knows that my teasing about the spelling is done in fun. At least, I hope you realize that, CG.

It's his birthday, we can cut him some slack today.

As for the souvenirs...

Setting up souvenirs for yesterdays events is more involved than most other souvenirs. Until now, the programming for the souvenirs was as simple as checking the location of the cache/event or the date. For this souvenir someone has to code in each event as a qualifier before attending the attendance.

I'm sure the souvenir will appear. If not in the next couple of days, then in two weeks when the qualifying period ends. Just be patient. smile.gif

Dunno. I seem to remember the 10/10/10 veneer showing up pretty quickly.

Think so?

what's your point?

You're joking aren't you?

I will not be getting a Flash Mob Souvenir, since family issues prevented me from being able to attend the local flash mob event. Similarly, I did not get a 10/10/10 souvenir, though I had planned to attend the local event; again because a family issue prevented me.

Geocaching is pretty low down on the priority list for me, so there are numerous reasons why I might not attend a geocaching event. I find it particularly insulting that souvenirs are even given for these events. I would have attended both 10/10/10 and yesterday's flash mob if I was able to. A souvenir would not have made the difference whether I attended or not. I suppose I could be bitter because I can never get these souvenirs now. I refuse to see the lack of these souvenirs on my profile as anything to be bitter about. I had a sick relative to take care of and that was what was most important at the time.

So when someone is SERISOULY AGIGTATED because some worthless hokey pixels don't show on their profile page, that seems shallow and narcissistic. You ought to crawl in a corner and think about people who had more important things to do on Saturday than go someplace to get some pixels added their geocaching profile.

There is plenty to be bitter about, just none that you can see. This shouldn't be an argument about whether or not one should like getting souvenir's. Regardless of what anyone says, I want to collect all the souvenir's, I truly enjoy it, there isn't much to argue about that. You have to remember I was promised a souvenir and I wasn't given one, that's very frustrating.

Funny thing, during the event I mentioned the fact that we were all getting a souvenir, and the person who was listening in to who I was talking to at the moment jumped in to tell me that they were pointless.

Funny thing, during the event I mentioned the fact that we were all getting a souvenir, and the person who was listening in to who I was talking to at the moment jumped in to tell me that they were pointless.

Umm... missing the humor here? What's the funny part?

The fact that somebody attended the event and didn't even want the souvenir.

Patience Coldgears - your souvenir will appear when you least expect it! Did you enjoy the flash mob? What did you folks do, and how many of you were there?

I enjoyed it very much, I've always wanted to be part of a flashmob, and now had an excuse to do it :P.

There were a little more then ten, we all dressed up in halloween costumes in the middle of an ivy league college campus. Pretty awesome stuff. Apparently there was one person who was really eager to see me, the second he saw me came up shook my hand and asked me if I was coldgears.

I had two choices, as both flash mobs near me were about 25 miles away, the other one was just singing row row row your boat, in a place not really that popular.

Shame there was none in Philadelphia, but it's obvious why. First of all, if you didn't know nearly 90% of philadelphia is beat up housing (If you haven't driven through I-95 then at least look on google maps, tons and tons of old housing) and the crime rates are very high. About two weeks before the WWFM events, the people of Philadelphia, with there crime tendencies decided to hold there own flash mob, in which they set fire to houses, brawling, vandalising and assualting pedrestrians. Seriously, people in Philadelphia can take fun activity and turn it violent. Sucks, but that's my city...

Edited by Coldgears

Um, okay, still missing the humor. Evidently they came to have fun, not to get a souvenir. I bet that was the reason most of the people there came.

Um, okay, still missing the humor. Evidently they came to have fun, not to get a souvenir. I bet that was the reason most of the people there came.

I definitely went to have fun, trust me, I don't do things that aren't fun. That's why I skipped out on tenth anniversity of geocaching events (remember, I almost would NEVER give up a chance for a specific Icon), they were all, "let's eat dinner at some restuarant", which isn't much fun.

Edited by Coldgears

Think so?

It's his birthday, we can cut him some slack today.

I really like the part in the video where all the cachers come out of the geomobile. :rolleyes: Is this what a "flash mob" is? :blink: It sure looks fun. :lol:

That's becoming popular with some people in my area, though mostly for generic trackables (ex: the Geico Geckos, the WWFM VIII coins). I seem to be in a minority that I only want to discover what I've actually discovered.

I definitely went to have fun, trust me, I don't do things that aren't fun. That's why I skipped out on tenth anniversity of geocaching events (remember, I almost would NEVER give up a chance for a specific Icon), they were all, "let's eat dinner at some restuarant", which isn't much fun.

hmmmz....your posts from this very thread are a contradiction to what you just said above, especially the bolded part.

SERISOULY ?

Yes, I wouldn't have done a flash-mob otherwise!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Edited by t4e

hmmmz....your posts from this very thread are a contradiction to what you just said above, especially the bolded part.

SERISOULY ?

Yes, I wouldn't have done a flash-mob otherwise!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yep, you say things when your mad you don't mean. I did truly enjoy the flash-mob, and I went there knowing full-well it would be fun. However, I am extremely frustrated by the lack of souvenir's promised.

^That's the 100% "i've calmed down and I'm not mad anymore" truth! :)

I will not be getting a Flash Mob Souvenir, since family issues prevented me from being able to attend the local flash mob event. Similarly, I did not get a 10/10/10 souvenir, though I had planned to attend the local event; again because a family issue prevented me.

Geocaching is pretty low down on the priority list for me, so there are numerous reasons why I might not attend a geocaching event. I find it particularly insulting that souvenirs are even given for these events. I would have attended both 10/10/10 and yesterday's flash mob if I was able to. A souvenir would not have made the difference whether I attended or not. I suppose I could be bitter because I can never get these souvenirs now. I refuse to see the lack of these souvenirs on my profile as anything to be bitter about. I had a sick relative to take care of and that was what was most important at the time.

So when someone is SERISOULY AGIGTATED because some worthless hokey pixels don't show on their profile page, that seems shallow and narcissistic. You ought to crawl in a corner and think about people who had more important things to do on Saturday than go someplace to get some pixels added their geocaching profile.

Actually, TOZ... you do sound like you care. In fact, you are coming across as bitter about the fact that you didn't and can't get them. Does not compute, 'cause that doesn't sound like you to me.

So, who was the wise geocacher that was able to point out the illusion that is called "souvenir"?

Actually, TOZ... you do sound like you care. In fact, you are coming across as bitter about the fact that you didn't and can't get them. Does not compute, 'cause that doesn't sound like you to me.

Wasn't there just a thread in off topic about this? Where you never really know somebody until you meet them in person?

EDIT: Anyway, if one of you Groundspeak employee's could kindly give an answer about this... Yeah...

Edited by Coldgears