Forum Schedule

As Starbrand said in an earlier topic, the Groundspeak forums stick to a strict schedule to keep discussions consistent. Unfortunately, this schedule doesn't seem to be published anywhere, which seems to have confused some newer members. For the benefit of the entire geocaching community, I've worked out this schedule:

schedulebu.png

The schedule features a new topic each day of the week, which rotates every season to keep things fresh.

EDIT: updated schedule third time

Edited by Ambient_Skater

Where's the "doesn't adhere to earthcache guidelines" topic in that chart? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Clearly this is just the chart for the main forum. The Earthcaching forum has it's own schedule, as must the Traveler forum (somebody stole my TB!), and the GPS forum (what GPS should I buy?) :lol:

I love this kid, he puts a smile to my face! :D :D :D

Where is the "I drew up a forum post schedule" topic on your chart?

That doesn't happen on a regular basis.

Is this schedule accurate for those living east or west of the International Date Line?
Wherever the OP lives. So technically two days of the schedule would be active at any given time.

Oh, wait... the "what does the winter-friendly attribute really mean?" topic is missing from the winter schedule. :o
That loosely fits in with the "caching in the snow" day.

You don't seem to have the "Bring back Virtuals" discussion scheduled.

I don't wanna change it again. Anyone who wants to post one of those topics can do it on Website Issues Sundays. Edited by Ambient_Skater

I'm pretty sure that poor swag is on Fridays in the winter and wet logs are Saturday.

You forgot geocides. Those are on the first Monday in every month. "The forum regulars are hostile jerks" is reserved for the 15th of every odd numbered month. "What is the best cache?" is the first Wednesday in every month, and "Geocachers are littering/destroying the environment" is on the first Monday of every quarter.

Edited by briansnat

What day do I post the beauties?

"I hate it when logs just say 'FTF'"

"Logged from your mobile device!? Who cares!?"

"A rant about blank logs"

Also, what day do I post my thread about how we always have the same threads? :D

Dude! That's freekin' brilliant! Though I do agree with JHolly.

If you feel the urge to edit, "BRING BACK VIRTUALS" needs a spot. :lol:

I agree

You forgot geocides. Those are on the first Monday in every month. "The forum regulars are hostile jerks" is reserved for the 15th of every odd numbered month. "What is the best cache?" is the first Wednesday in every month, and "Geocachers are littering/destroying the environment" is on the first Monday of every quarter.
I don't remember seeing very many of those topics. I don't think they'll all fit in the schedule. I'm going to have to make a bigger one. Edited by Ambient_Skater

I think geocides would be a "Random Event", not a regularly scheduled item. They just can't be predicted, as is the nature of such cataclysmic and dramatic events.

Well, they should be. It is very inconvenient to just go off and geocide any time somebody wants to. I mean, people have to read their logs and take time to rate the quality and angst level and all that.

Personally, I am hoping the Frog will decide to post the schedule as a Sticky topic.

I think geocides would be a "Random Event", not a regularly scheduled item. They just can't be predicted, as is the nature of such cataclysmic and dramatic events.

Well, they should be. It is very inconvenient to just go off and geocide any time somebody wants to. I mean, people have to read their logs and take time to rate the quality and angst level and all that.

"Groundspeak Lingo Bingo" for everyone...there's so much potential! :laughing:

Personally, I am hoping the Frog will decide to post the schedule as a Sticky topic.

So am I, in all seriousness. A little levity is much needed and appreciated in the non-Off Topic forum.

I have made the changes everyone suggested. But to fit everything in the schedule now goes by month instead of season. The 15th of every odd numbered month has been reserved for "the forum regulars are hostile jerks” discussion.

Above and beyond...

Excellent work. Thank you.

This is turning into my favourite thread.

(stupid spell-checker...I'm CANADIAN! That's the way it's correctly spelled up here. Geez.)

The 15th of every odd numbered month has been reserved for "the forum regulars are hostile jerks” discussion.

That is just a bunch of GARBAGE!

I mean just wholly, incomprehensibly inadequate!

One day every two months is not enough to cover all the hostility and jerkiness. :rolleyes:

MmMmMm, jerky... :unsure:

Snack-time!!

Hehe.....That's pretty good! :laughing:

I will schedule my schedule around this schedule so that I don't run in to un-wanted forum topics.

Never you were from BC, Ambient_Skater.You were even at an event that I was at lat year.

Didn't know he was Canadian, either.

Well, that explains it then, eh? B)

Double-double and a maple glazed, to go. :omnomnom:

If I wasnt laughing so hard I would be insulted.

You left out that every four years on Feb 29th the forum is closed to all except Platinum members.

really? :blink:
Really. I'm surprised you didn't know that, considering Feb 30 is closed to all except cachers with a username that contains the word "cache"! B)

I have made the changes everyone suggested. But to fit everything in the schedule now goes by month instead of season. The 15th of every odd numbered month has been reserved for "the forum regulars are hostile jerks” discussion.

schedulebu.png

I'll be the first to admit that I make a "the forum regulars are hostile jerks" post everyone once in awhile. Speaking of which, the forum regulars can be hostile jerks, you know? :D

I just want to take a moment to thank Ambiant_Skater for creating a topic that will be remembered forever.

We do sometimes get a little too serious here. A noob with 37 found caches and barely 100 posts has reminded us that this is just a hobby.

Oh and Go Canucks. My sister moved to Canada and married one. Currently lives in Aldergrove and we get up there most summers.

And as one of those regulars who are sometimes considered hostile I appreciate the special day dedicated to us. We may not be loved but we are recognized.

And now I am going to enjoy my forum signature. Starting off with a Maker's Mark.

Edited by Walts Hunting
You left out that every four years on Feb 29th the forum is closed to all except Platinum members.
really? :blink:
Well, of course you just thought the forums were down.

Edward

how do you know? :rolleyes:
He assumed that you aren't a Platinum Member, as he didn't see you at the last PtMO* Event.

*Platinum Member Only

Dude! Nice work... :laughing:

Did I miss "PM caches are elitist"?

I would also like to propose a special day each month for a fictional cacher we will call "Hotsprockets" to post his "Fake Serisou Personal Issue of the Month." Responses must be made within 3 minutes and then the fake serisou topic is closed.

Did I miss "PM caches are elitist"?

I had those in the old schedule but I forgot to copy those days over to the new one. I'll update it again in a few days once I'm sure I'm not forgetting anything. Briansnat will have to put it into the OP for me once I do. :)

Edited by Ambient_Skater

"Groundspeak Lingo Bingo" for everyone...there's so much potential! :laughing:

So am I, in all seriousness. A little levity is much needed and appreciated in the non-Off Topic forum.

Above and beyond...

Excellent work. Thank you.

This is turning into my favourite thread.

(stupid spell-checker...I'm CANADIAN! That's the way it's correctly spelled up here. Geez.)

Yep - I am a new Canadian, originally from England and my stupid spell-checker doesn't even recognize Groundspeak or Geocaching, let alone favourite! That's correct to me too.......