Even with a GPSr, you can't get there from here!!

gallahad

icon_confused.gif I have noticed that, after entering a discussion on one of the threads in this system, the author is invited to edit the original material within a certain period of time. Along with the invitation to edit the material, there is also an invitation for the author to "delete" the material, if he/she wants to. But I've never been able to delete something after I've submitted it. Instead, I receive a notice that items cannot be deleted once they are entered.

Perhaps I've missed a key element someplace but, as it appears to me, we have a bug in a system when "delete" is an option that cannot be accessed.

"Today's truth remains valid only as long as it withstands the test of tomorrow's discoveries" - George Hicks

Well RK, that was my point. If you can't delete a post, why should the edit/delete option include a delete option at all??? icon_confused.gif

At best, it's misleading; a consternation.

Kinda like the time one nice policeman waved me through a red traffic light and another one, who had been a block away, stopped me for failing to stop for it.

"Today's truth remains valid only as long as it withstands the test of tomorrow's discoveries" - George Hicks

There is an option in UBB.x to allow people to delete their own posts. Since this was abused in the past (people deleting the original post would end up deleting *all* the posts, for example), that option was turned off. However, even turned off, UBB.x still leaves it listed as edit/delete.

You can, however, delete the text in your post, so technically Edit/delete is correct.

smile.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location