May Statistics

holograph

The May statistics are available on the statistics page. The maps and counts by county have been updated also.

There were 2 datasheets updated with new GEOCAC recovery logs. The most recent recovery added to the datasheets was dated April 17. The two "not found" recovery reports were for CQ0073 and CQ3410 in Louisiana by LSUFan. What is interesting is that when I pull up those datasheets online, the recovery reports are no longer there, at least as of the morning of June 4. Perhaps the NGS is having problems with their system.

delta_map_t.gif geocac_map_t.gif

Supposedly, the main NGS database and sites are supposed to be down over the weekend, as Pepco does power work in the Silver Spring area. (This WAS announced on their site yesterday, however it's not there now. So, either the site's been redirected to the alt.ngs.noaa.gov and that hasn't had the new items on it, or Pepco changed their schedule. I dunno.)

--Me.

There were 2 datasheets updated with new GEOCAC recovery logs. The most recent recovery added to the datasheets was dated April 17. The two "not found" recovery reports were for CQ0073 and CQ3410 in Louisiana by LSUFan. What is interesting is that when I pull up those datasheets online, the recovery reports are no longer there, at least as of the morning of June 4. Perhaps the NGS is having problems with their system.

That doesn't sound right, at least for CQ3410. I found that one and submitted the photos for it using DSWorld. You can see this by the naming scheme of the photos, which I also used on my gc.com log. I will go back and find my notes on when I submitted them, which is all at home (I'm at work). Hopefully I didn't report that one as a dnf to the NGS......now I'm worried :unsure:

http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.aspx?PID=CQ3410

Edited by LSUFan

That doesn't sound right, at least for CQ3410. I found that one and submitted the photos for it using DSWorld. You can see this by the naming scheme of the photos, which I also used on my gc.com log. I will go back and find my notes on when I submitted them, which is all at home (I'm at work). Hopefully I didn't report that one as a dnf to the NGS......now I'm worried :unsure:

http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.aspx?PID=CQ3410

Oops! Here's what I found in the datasheets:

CQ0073 HISTORY - 20110417 MARK NOT FOUND GEOCAC

CQ0073 STATION RECOVERY (2011)

CQ0073

CQ0073'RECOVERY NOTE BY GEOCACHING 2011 (BKT)

CQ0073'A THOROUGH SEARCH REVEALED NO EVIDENCE OF THE STATION.

CQ3410 HISTORY - 20110417 MARK NOT FOUND GEOCAC

CQ3410 STATION RECOVERY (2011)

CQ3410

CQ3410'RECOVERY NOTE BY GEOCACHING 2011 (BKT)

CQ3410'THE AIRPORT HAS BEEN TORN DOWN AND CONVERTED INTO PUBLIC SOCCER

CQ3410'FIELDS. THE AZIMUTH MARK COULD NOT BE LOCATED AND IS PRESUMED TO BE

CQ3410'DESTROYED WHEN THE ASPHALT WAS REMOVED AND THE GROUND LEVEL LOWERED TO

CQ3410'ACCOMMODATE THE SOCCER FIELDS THAT NOW SIT ATOP IT.

CQ3410

[/font]

That recovery goes to CQ3409. I can't believe I crossed them up. I will wait till the datasheets show up to see.

CQ3410

[/font]

That recovery goes to CQ3409. I can't believe I crossed them up. I will wait till the datasheets show up to see.

I checked today and it seems that the NGS has posted a lot of recoveries. CQ3410 is listed as a not found. Evidently I either reported it wrong, or as I have now noticed, my actual recovery report in itself seems to state it is a not found (even though I was just referring to the azimuth mark part of the triangulation station).....which I also should have clarified more. Maybe the big guy, DaveD, will see this and fix my error. I did post a pic of CQ3410 with DSWorld which has been added to the datasheet.

I also got a bone to pick with Jim. That white parish in the northeast corner of LA (East Carroll) that shows up on his map keeps annoying me so. I may have to go up there today and color it in........then if I'm that close, I'll just have to drive on up to southeast Arkansas and pick up a hiking stick medallion, while doing the Arkansas State Park Geocache Challenge at Lake Chicot..........I really don't have time for this as that would take up my whole Sunday, that I need to be out mowing and doing yard work. So it's all Holograph's fault. :lol:

Edited by LSUFan

CQ3410

[/font]

I checked today and it seems that the NGS has posted a lot of recoveries. CQ3410 is listed as a not found. Evidently I either reported it wrong, or as I have now noticed, my actual recovery report in itself seems to state it is a not found (even though I was just referring to the azimuth mark part of the triangulation station).....which I also should have clarified more. Maybe the big guy, DaveD, will see this and fix my error. I did post a pic of CQ3410 with DSWorld which has been added to the datasheet.

I also got a bone to pick with Jim. That white parish in the northeast corner of LA (East Carroll) that shows up on his map keeps annoying me so. I may have to go up there today and color it in........then if I'm that close, I'll just have to drive on up to southeast Arkansas and pick up a hiking stick medallion, while doing the Arkansas State Park Geocache Challenge at Lake Chicot..........I really don't have time for this as that would take up my whole Sunday, that I need to be out mowing and doing yard work. So it's all Holograph's fault. :lol:

Is it too late to send you 50+ SP#18/PID correlations? MEL

Edited by kayakbird

Excel on the way. Note posted in COE Quandaries string. kayakbird

I got it Mike, and will start looking at them hard. We plan to get back over near the MS River and look for several older ones there.

I did manage to get East Carroll Parish turned from white to blue yesterday, for Jim's map purposes with CP3384 and CP3386, which just happened to pop out on us as we were pulling off the road to do some reorganizing. Funny stuff like that happens.

We also found a newer disk DG4769 (2002) by accident as we were heading into Lake Chicot Park. Our Nuvi dinged and there it was on a concrete culvert. It's apparently an Army Corps Height Modernization Survey Station disk, monumented by (I'm guessing, a surveying company but am not sure)