gpsmap 78sc

Display is pixeled, not nearly as clear as my four year old gpsmap 76csx.

Display isn't half as bright as my 76.

When battery level is at half strength, unit will turn off back light and other features which makes unit even more difficult to read.

Battery campartment is a pain in the a** to get into and now you must change batteries twice as often as with the 76 because of the low battery feature.

Oh, if you use city navigator the unit displays the streets and land in a very non contrasting color, very hard to read.

Garmin dropped the ball on this unit

FF,

Maybe you have a bad unit??? maybe a bad screen?

I have a 78S and a 76CSx (plus an Oregon 550)and my 78S is the clearest,sharpest,brightest,etc...

Literally the exact reverse of everything you describe.....and the battery compartment cover comes off easily for access, and batteries last longer than in the other two!

I don't have CN installed on the 78 so can't comment on that.

Very strange indeed...

I've always been very satisfied with mine

PerhapsI will stop off at local store and compare mine to one in the store, thanks.

For me it looks like the battery compartment isn't as durable on the 78 as the 76.......

FF,

Maybe you have a bad unit??? maybe a bad screen?

I have a 78S and a 76CSx (plus an Oregon 550)and my 78S is the clearest,sharpest,brightest,etc...

Literally the exact reverse of everything you describe.....and the battery compartment cover comes off easily for access, and batteries last longer than in the other two!

I don't have CN installed on the 78 so can't comment on that.

Very strange indeed...

I've always been very satisfied with mine