Sign in to follow this  
Followers 9
yanagi

Team Yanagi Coin

Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes."

“Other things may change us, but we start and end with family”

The cathedral is, to use a local colloquialism, munted. It is just tragically reduced in height and scale. ~Bob Parker, mayor of Christchurch, describing the damaged Christchurch Cathedral in a media briefing after the February earthquake.

Munted (along with liquefaction) became daily, household terms around Canterbury following those earthquakes.

Follow your dreams - they can become your reality

Stunning coin - I love the family together - looks like a suncatcher coin we have too - that is our family travelling coin.

The future is much like the present, only longer ... – Dan Quisenberry

A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.

- George Moore

Well living on a farm and being more or less full of it I constantly say silly things. The temperature being in the upper 90's lately I said one that made my father laugh so ill post it as my first one.

As we were going to the hen house to gather eggs we were discussing how it been so hot lately and I made the statement..."yeah its so hot ill bet the hens are laying boiled eggs"

He paused...laughed...looked at me and said "you ain't right"

So there's my first offering of a saying :) thanks for the cointest and very nice coin BTW.

Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? ~Robert Brault

I really like this coin as well.

"Remember...it's not a lie, if YOU believe it!" - George Costanza

"this is like deja vu all over again" -Yogi Berra

ILYK

One of my fav's :D

"Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday."

When can we see the other side? :)

"Close that geo-whatever website and get back to work!" - My Boss

:laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

"LOOK!! I'm a CRAB! Scuttle, scuttle! Scuttle, scuttle!" -my stepson busted out with this out of nowhere in the middle of the grocery store, complete with "pincer hands" & the sideways "scuttle". We weren't even talking about seafood... Ha ha he's such a ham!

Important families are like potatoes. The best parts are underground.

- Francis Bacon

I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich. ~Dan Wilcox and Thad Mumford, "Identity Crisis," M*A*S*H

"If you see ten troubles coming down the road, you can be sure that nine will run into the ditch before they reach you." - - Calvin Coolidge

The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.

My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

~Forrest Gump

My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

~Forrest Gump

My favorite movie. Period.

"If you see ten troubles coming down the road, you can be sure that nine will run into the ditch before they reach you." - - Calvin Coolidge

This is my favorite new quote that I have seen on this thread.

"Eat a live frog first thing in the morning,and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day." - Mark Twain

ILYK

The Norwegian equivalent (translated to English):

"A beat-up and a backpack"

(Not sure "a beat-up" is a word - in Norwegian we've got a noun version of "being beaten up".)

bread and pull it.

a quote my mum always used when asked whats for dinner

If you don't have enemies, you don't have character. - Paul Newman

"boys with the boys ... Girls with the girls" - my dad

He always took me on trips to do "dirt" activites.... Like arrowhead hunting, fishing, and swimming in lakes. My sisters were prissy and wanted to hang out with my mom.

Gotta love that one! :)

One more from the Boy Scouts...

:)Be Prepared :)

"Promise the world, deliver nothing!" - me :)

An ex-boss use to occasionally remind us to promise a little, deliver the world. So I'd come up to him and say What was that phrase again? Oh, Yeah - "Promise the world, deliver nothing! Promise the world, deliver nothing!" And then I would wander off muttering that. :laughing: Ah, good days, good days.

"The smell of hospitals in winter, and the feeling that it's all a lot of oysters, but no pearls...

All at once you look across a crowded room & see the way that light attaches to a girl."-Counting Crows

It's my toy, I'm just letting you play with it.

by Write Shop Robert

The Norwegian equivalent (translated to English):

"A beat-up and a backpack"

(Not sure "a beat-up" is a word - in Norwegian we've got a noun version of "being beaten up".)

I think the closest would be "A Beating"

"it's not the size of the mountain in front of you that slows you down but the size of the rock in your shoe!"