Team Yanagi Coin

yanagi

Day 10 background picture

A thing I enjoy very much is baking. It would be great to take a picture of the coin with something I bake. I know it's not masterpieces but it's something I do with a passion and I think it would be a great way to show my passion about this (coins) as well.

Here is a picture of a cake I made when I produced my last short film "Undertow"

It says "The best crew of the week" (we filmed 10 days), people did a great job and there wouldn't be a film without so dedicated people. I know a cake isn't much but it was my way to show my appreciation. It would be the same in this situation. Thanks again for doing this competition and for making such a wonderful coin.

DSC00020%20%28640x480%29.jpg?w=04fa7eb9

I would want to take a picture in the City Museum in St. Louis. I couldn't find a great picture, but I think this will give you an idea of what it's like:

City+Museum+3+border.jpg

city_museum_in_st_louis_1372_400_400_1.jpg

city-museum.jpg

The city museum was built by a sculptor in an old warehouse. He basically made it out of recycled junk, and it's amazing. 3 whole floors of tunnels and sculptures, plus an outside. Its sort of like the worlds best playground - It has a 9 or 10 story slide! It's probably St. Louis's most unique icon, and beloved by all.

We took this one at the Great Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone National Park. The colors would look so nice behind the coin! You can still see evidence, in the background, of the wildfire that devastated parts of Yellowstone in 1988. We took the picture in 2004!

c13f9ad0-2826-4634-b9eb-6d5764e2d502.jpg

Edited by steben6

Day 12 background picture

DSC_0039.JPG?w=d2f7cdb6

Took this last summer in DK:-)

I don't know why, but I can't see the pictures that you post?

Is it just this picture you can't see or is it all of them?

It would be a shame if nobody can see my posted pictures for the picture competition. I don't really know what to do about it but thank you for letting me know.

I see all pictures fine.

I will try and see if I can upload them in another way.

I will try to post a lot of my pictures again. I didn't know you couldn't see them. I have posted a picture every day since this contest started but I can't edit them now so I will make a reply to the posts with the pictures that don't work.

I hope that they will still count as I put a lot of effort into finding some good pictures for this competition and because I would love to win this pretty coin.

Day 2 background picture

I would like to take a picture with this flower as the background. I gave this to my father as a present and he loves flowers and use a lot of time taking care of it.

A beautiful and family binding moment:-)

DSC_0066.JPG?w=fbe8bd07

(I sorry I don't know how to make the picture smaller.)

Have a wonderful day.

Repost of Day 2 background picture on 14 November 2011

I would like to take a picture with this flower as the background. I gave this to my father as a present and he loves flowers and use a lot of time taking care of it.

A beautiful and family binding moment:-)

DSC_0066.JPG

Edited by Mysteriousrose

Day 3 background picture

There's not really that long until Christmas and I think it would be great to take a picture of the coin and our christmas tree.

This is the tree from last year but it will look something like this:-)

DSC_0087.JPG?w=f909ec62

I'm still dealing with the resize problem, sorry.

Repost Day 3 background picture on 15 November 2011

There's not really that long until Christmas and I think it would be great to take a picture of the coin and our christmas tree.

This is the tree from last year but it will look something like this:-)

DSC_0087.JPG

Day 4 background picture

I would like to take this beautiful coin to a danish beloved statue "The Little Mermaid".

She could use some company:-)

Here is a picture (This is not mine):

the-little-mermaid-den.jpg?w=73d492ab

Repost Day 4 background picture on 16 November 2011

I would like to take this beautiful coin to a danish beloved statue "The Little Mermaid".

She could use some company:-)

Here is a picture (This is not mine):

MVC-877F.JPG

Day 5 background picture

Tivoli Nimb Building Copenhagen Denmark:

5325199251_80c8a274a6.jpg

94208.jpg?w=ddcdd006

Tivoli Amusement Park Copenhagen Denmark.

Tivoli is one of the greatest attraction in Scandinavia and one of the world's best known amusement parks.

Nimb Hotel, or simply the Nimb, is a five-star boutique hotel in the Tivoli Gardens. The hotel is located in a historic building from 1909.

(Fotos from here: http://pleasure.dk/gourmet/artikel/132402/ and here: http://www.photosight.org/photo.php?photoid=94208)

Repost Day 5 background picture on 17 November 2011

Tivoli Nimb Building Copenhagen Denmark:

132402phori_2782_1.jpg

94208.jpg

Tivoli Amusement Park Copenhagen Denmark.

Tivoli is one of the greatest attraction in Scandinavia and one of the world's best known amusement parks.

Nimb Hotel, or simply the Nimb, is a five-star boutique hotel in the Tivoli Gardens. The hotel is located in a historic building from 1909.

(Fotos from here: Tivoli Nimb Building Copenhagen Denmark Danmark 2010 a700 and here: http://www.photosight.org/photo.php?photoid=94208)

Day 6 background picture

I love walking in "Frederiksberg have" both in the summer and winter. It would be great to take a picture here.

800px-Frederiksberg_Have_2006.jpg

(Foto from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Frederiksberg_Have_2006.jpg)

Repost Day 6 background picture on 18 November 2011

I love walking in "Frederiksberg have" both in the summer and winther. It would be great to take a picture here.

800px-Frederiksberg_Have_2006.jpg

(Foto from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Frederiksberg_Have_2006.jpg)

Edited by Mysteriousrose

Day 10 background picture

A thing I enjoy very much is baking. It would be great to take a picture of the coin with something I bake. I know it's not masterpieces but it's something I do with a passion and I think it would be a great way to show my passion about this (coins) as well.

Here is a picture of a cake I made when I produced my last short film "Undertow"

It says "The best crew of the week" (we filmed 10 days), people did a great job and there wouldn't be a film without so dedicated people. I know a cake isn't much but it was my way to show my appreciation. It would be the same in this situation. Thanks again for doing this competition and for making such a wonderful coin.

DSC00020%20%28640x480%29.jpg?w=04fa7eb9

Repost Day 10 background picture on 22 November 2011

DSC00020%252520%252528640x480%252529.jpg

Now I have reposted picture 2,3,4,5,6 and 10.

12 has been updated.

1,7,8,9 and 11 did hopefully already work.

Please let me know if they still don't work.

Thanks again for letting me know:-)

Day 13 background picture

My picture for today is of the Coca-Cola trucks, I saw them last year and know they will be back this year. I think it can be a cool picture with the coin.

DSCN1587.JPG

12 has been updated.

My picture for today is of the Coca-Cola trucks, I saw them last year and know they will be back this year. I think it can be a cool picture with the coin.

DSCN1587.JPG

I, too, can see all your pictures now! There are some nice ones. Thanks for letting us see them!

12 has been updated.

DSCN1587.JPG

I, too, can see all your pictures now! There are some nice ones. Thanks for letting us see them!

Thank you.

I very much enjoy to see your pictures too. It's like a little journey around places I haven't been:-)

Since it is still Sunday, November 27th where I live, I'm adding one more picture for the cointest. We took this one at the BEAUTIFUL gardens of Buchart Gardens in Victoria, British Columbia. The gardens are simply amazing and I had a hard time deciding on only one picture! I chose this one because it so fits the rainbow theme on your coin!

7aae398c-84b8-4f97-9b46-d3a315f5f8bb.jpg

The cointestis is over and I have to discuss with the family who won it. Since this is going to be a hard decision i'm sure this will take a few days.

Thanks for all the nice pictures. There were quite a few which remind me on great holiday trips that I did with my wife when we were kids-free :lol:

Ok, it is time to announce the first winner who was randomly picked!!! It is:

Mysteriousrose

for the picture with the Coca-Cola-Truck. Congratulations!!!!

Please send me your address and your favorite finish of our coin and we send it out as soon as possible. Now we are really curious to see if you are able to take a photo with that truck :) .

Sorry to say that we are still undecided who will be the winner for posting the best entry. Right now we are discussing to pick more than one winner but there are still too many great posts!! Please give us another day… :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Ok, it is time to announce the first winner who was randomly picked!!! It is:

Mysteriousrose

for the picture with the Coca-Cola-Truck. Congratulations!!!!

Please send me your address and your favorite finish of our coin and we send it out as soon as possible. Now we are really curious to see if you are able to take a photo with that truck :) .

Sorry to say that we are still undecided who will be the winner for posting the best entry. Right now we are discussing to pick more than one winner but there are still too many great posts!! Please give us another day… :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Thank you so much, I can't wait to see this coin when it gets here.

Thank you for a wonderful cointest! :-)

The Coca-Cola-Truck will be in town 10th december. So I hope I can take the foto there. If not then I will figure something out.

Congrats Mysteriousrose!!! :D welldone!!!

Yes! there were so many great photos.... that it will be very difficult to deside yanagi my friend! :D

Thank you for the cointest!!! WOW!! I had the feelong that the Coca-Cola-Trucks had lights and decorations only in the advertisments... :laughing: I wish I could see one like that here... but... :(

Edited by GATOULIS

As I said before it was impossible for us to pick one winner for the best entry so we decided to have more. At the same time we took all entries of mysteriousrose out of this competition because she won already a coin here.

But even then we had a big choice of very very great pictures and really would love to see pictures at all of the places with our coin. In the end we decided to have 4 winners:

aka Momster

for the balloon picture! We took the balloon as our symbol for our wedding so it was very clear that we would love to see a picture of our family on the coin in a balloon and this was our first choice!

Steben6

for the Bryce Canyon Picture! You entered quite a few pictures which came into the final choice (Bryce Canyon/Vancouver Island/Blarney Castle/Banff because we have been to that places as well and we loved it and Buchart Gardens/Statue of Liberty/Crater Lake/Yellowstone because of these great pictures). We decided to take the picture of Bryce Canyon because this is for sure one of our absolute favorite places we've ever visited and we really would like to go there again. It would be really great to see a picture with us on the coin in that surrounding! Of course we wouldn’t mind at all to see pictures of one or more of the other places as well ;)

CW88

for the Mt. Blanc picture. We were quite impressed by this picture so we just had to pick that as well!

Jpbarr

for the picture with the winter landscape! All three entries of you came into the final choice and it took a long time to decide which one is the best for us. In the end we took the picture of the landscape but the other two were great as well.

Please send me your addresses and your choices of the finish of the coin and I will send them as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that you are getting the official owner of the coins when you post the suggested picture with the coin here in this thread.

Thank you again to all who took part in this cointest. I loved to see and read all the entries but I just could not send a coin to all of you. I hope you understand! :huh:

If you are interested in one of these coins please feel free to contact me. There are just a few of each finish left for a trade.

Oh, WOW! Thanks so much! I don't know how you were able to make a decision because there were sooooooo many beautiful pictures. Thanks for the cointest and thanks to everybody who posted their great pics. We go to Bryce Canyon every year in the summer. We will try to go this year during Spring Break (April), so we can take a picture sooner, but we will definitely take the picture with your beautiful coin. And we will take others as well! Thanks again.

Thank you for choosing my photo mission idea. I'm excited! I have been wanting to take another ride in the balloon, but with the rest of the family. This will be their first time. But months have passed and getting them to commit to a specific date has been difficult. Now they will be motivated to help with your beautiful yanagi coin's photo mission. :)

And I can't wait to get to see your cool coin in hand. It is so detailed, I doubt the photos were able to capture them all.

Thank you, Team Yanagi!

The weather cleared up today so I managed to get out and take some photos.

There wasn't a layer of cloud below the mountains today like in my other photo (which I think looks nicer) but took a few ok photos.

Maybe the next time there is the layer of cloud, I'll go back and try to take a few more.

1mtsmll.jpgmtsmll.jpg

mtcoin3smll.jpg

Your coin arrived safe and sound this morning. I really have to say you designed a great coin.

Our snow is very late this year and we have nothing but slush right now but will take a photo with your coin as soon as we have a good covering of white.

Huge thanks again for the cointest.

The weather cleared up today so I managed to get out and take some photos.

There wasn't a layer of cloud below the mountains today like in my other photo (which I think looks nicer) but took a few ok photos.

Maybe the next time there is the layer of cloud, I'll go back and try to take a few more.

1mtsmll.jpgmtsmll.jpg

mtcoin3smll.jpg

Wow, what great pictures you took with our coin - I love them!!!!! Especially the first one is sooo great, but wait, the second one is also very very beautiful. Thank you so much!! I hope it is ok when I use the picture for a travelbug site because I want to release at least one coin with the mission to take these kind of pictures.

My coin also arrived safely and I love it!! Thanks to a trade, I am now the very proud owner of a whole set of these awesome coins. We will be posting pictures of the cointest coin along our way and will take the Bryce Canyon pic this spring.

Thanks again for a fun cointest. I loved seeing all the pics with the beautiful coin!

Finally have enough snow to take the picture. Even then its not quite the same as my original photo. Its been really odd weather this year, anyway hope you like them.

Sorry, somehow I missed this post. Yes, I like the pictures, thank you for posting them. Great to see our coin in Estonia!!!

I must apologize for the delay in posting pics of our coin. Life sometimes hands out twists and turns unexpectedly, and that is what has happened to us. My 93-year-old mother, who lives with us and for whom we are her caretakers, was placed into hospice about six weeks ago. She is in very ill health and not expected to live much longer. The last few weeks have been in a haze of visits from doctors, nurses, home health care providers, social workers, and chaplains, plus round-the-clock care for momm. We have had to put all of our summer plans on hold (obviously) and have had to curtail most of our caching and other outside activities. Plus we aren't getting a lot of sleep :sad:

Before all of this came up, we did manage to take a short trip in early April and I did take a few pics with the coin. We are still hoping to make the Groundspeak Block Party in August, but that is totally dependent on what happens in the meantime or if we can get any help at home. If we are able to go, we will certainly take some more pics of our coin on the way. It does not look like we will make it to Bryce Canyon this year, but we will certainly be back there as it is one of our favorite places to visit.

This first image was taken at the base of Mt. Whitney in California. At 14,497 feet, Mt. Whitney is the highest mountain in the contiguous United States. We have camped and hiked there many, many times.

9ced58fb-27af-4d62-93e6-0d115f6c74a0.jpg

This next pic was taken on a very quick side trip to Mammoth Lakes, California. We were driving by and didn't intend to stop, but a newly published cache popped up and we made a little detour. Didn't realize we were going to be caching in the snow (fairly fresh, too)! We DNFd the cache, but had fun anyway!

152f5361-70e9-4432-84bb-01403ceeffeb.jpg

5771a72d-a3f5-4f40-926c-65b5b94a6259.jpg

These last two pics were taken on the California side of South Lake Tahoe. As you can see, I had trouble getting both the coin and the background in focus!

512139e9-4646-4e71-b17d-6bf237de1ef9.jpg

I must apologize for the delay in posting pics of our coin. Life sometimes hands out twists and turns unexpectedly, and that is what has happened to us. My 93-year-old mother, who lives with us and for whom we are her caretakers, was placed into hospice about six weeks ago. She is in very ill health and not expected to live much longer. The last few weeks have been in a haze of visits from doctors, nurses, home health care providers, social workers, and chaplains, plus round-the-clock care for momm. We have had to put all of our summer plans on hold (obviously) and have had to curtail most of our caching and other outside activities. Plus we aren't getting a lot of sleep :sad:

Before all of this came up, we did manage to take a short trip in early April and I did take a few pics with the coin. We are still hoping to make the Groundspeak Block Party in August, but that is totally dependent on what happens in the meantime or if we can get any help at home. If we are able to go, we will certainly take some more pics of our coin on the way. It does not look like we will make it to Bryce Canyon this year, but we will certainly be back there as it is one of our favorite places to visit.

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that your mother is so ill. We will include her in our prayers! With my post I didn't want to push you and if I knew that before I wouldn't have asked of course. Please take your time even if it takes a few years. And thanks for the great pictures that you've taken allready. I can't tell you how much I love to see our coin at different locations all over the world.

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that your mother is so ill. We will include her in our prayers! With my post I didn't want to push you and if I knew that before I wouldn't have asked of course. Please take your time even if it takes a few years. And thanks for the great pictures that you've taken allready. I can't tell you how much I love to see our coin at different locations all over the world.

Thank you for the kind thoughts - they mean a lot at this time. And I didn't feel like you were pushing at all - so no worries! I actually thought I had already posted the pics after we got back from our April trip, so I did feel bad that I hadn't. I will continue to post as we are able to travel. We love the coin and it accompanies me every time we go caching.