Team Yanagi Coin

yanagi

Read this in a parenting magazine. Couldn't help but laugh aloud.

"Getting down on all fours and imitating a rhinoceros stops babies from crying. (Put an empty cigarette pack on your nose for a horn and make loud "snort" noises.) I don't know why parents don't do this more often. Usually it makes the kid laugh. Sometimes it sends him into shock. Either way it quiets him down. If you're a parent, acting like a rhino has another advantage. Keep it up until the kid is a teenager and he definitely won't have his friends hanging around your house all the time." - P. J. O'Rourke

I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better. They fight for honor at the first challenge, make love with no moral restraint, and they do not for all their marvelous instincts appear to know about death. Being such wonderfully uncomplicated beings, they need us to do their worrying. ~George Bird Evan

Whan that Aprill with his shoures sote

the droghte of marche hath perced to the rote

and bathed every vyne in swich licour

of which vertu engendred is the flour

Whan Zephyrus eek with his sweete breeth

inspired hath in every holt and heeth

the tendre croppes. and the yonne sonne

hath in the ram his halve course y-ronne...

-Chaucer, opening lynes (oops, lines) to "The Caunterbury Tales" in middle english.

(apologies for any middle english misspellings, I was doing it from memory)

"Here, for goodness' sake, let me fix it up. Look how stringy and messy it is. What a shame. Such an interesting monster, too. My stars, if an interesting monster can't have an interesting hairdo, then I don't know what things are coming to. In my business you meet so many interesting people - Bobby pins, please - but the most interersting ones are the monsters. Oh, dear, that will never stay. We'll just have to have a permanemanent." Bugs Bunny..... probably the best episode ever.... Water, Water Every Hare