Team Yanagi Coin

yanagi

“Canada Post has held the mail hostage for two weeks and now they’ll be delaying it for another two or three weeks, again.” - Canadian Union of Postal Workers Local XXX President (because there will be no overtime to get the mail moving again after the strike) :blink:

Thank you for all the nice quotes! Most of them are new to me and I love reading them. To tell the truth, I never thought of so many entries in this cointest. It seems that my daughter will have to draw a winner out of a pot filled to the brim :) (really looking forward to see that).

Since I got pictures of the samples (will show them in the next post) I think it is time now to introduce the back side of the coin. As you already know there is a quote on the back. We loved that quote because we think that it expresses pretty much the attitude of geocachers, who are open to see the beauty of the nature (even in the rain ;) ) and are also tolerant to not judge others by prejudice.

As you can see that besides the family the rainbow is the linking motive of both coin sides. On the quote side it is shown like it appears in nature and on the yanagi side it is used to bind the family together We wanted to show the strong relationship of our family and to express that we have the attitudes that I wrote above (at least we think we have it B) ).

By the way the family shows really our silhouettes except our daughter. She is now one year old and of course very small but we expect that she will not stay like this :D . We decided to let her grow for the coin so it is valid a little longer.

Of course the cointest is still running and ends when I have the samples in my hand!

So here is the complete artwork :

faojl0q241kg.jpg

Excellent idea, quote, use of symbols... Congratulations!

Just noticed one thing... Shouldn't the rainbow colours be opposite, with red on the outer part and lilac on the center part?

Edit, now that I've seen the samples: I like antique copper the most, then antique silver.

Edited by mamoreb

Just noticed one thing... Shouldn't the rainbow colours be opposite, with red on the outer part and lilac on the center part?

Edit, now that I've seen the samples: I like antique copper the most, then antique silver.

I definitely agree with the antique copper and the antique silver. The super glittery silver one is just a little bit too much dazzle. It gets in the way of the detail of the coin.... I'm sure it looks different in person. I love the copper! The coins came out great! Edit: Ooohhh the regular copper is great too!

On a side note... the rainbow is inversed :/Unless rainbows look different in Germany :unsure: Anywho... they are samples... there's a reason for samples.

Edited by goosefraba1

On a side note... the rainbow is inversed :/Unless rainbows look different in Germany :unsure:

A lot of things are different in Germany :lol: . I have to check....oh, it is raining at the moment, but definitely no sunshine! I check later and let you know :lol:

... Edit: Ooohhh the regular copper is great too!

Lovely coin! I like the antique silver, then antique copper, then copper. :-)

I wonder what you call regular copper??

In the picture with 3 coins there are

- antique silver

- antique copper

- antique bronze

and in the picture with 2 coins there are

- antique gold

- shiny silver

Edited by yanagi

A lot of things are different in Germany :lol: . I have to check....oh, it is raining at the moment, but definitely no sunshine! I check later and let you know :lol:

:laughing:

A lot of things are different here in Germany but rainbows really are the same everywhere, e.g. in Karlsruhe :

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/d/de/Karlsruhe_Regenbogen.jpg

And I agree I with the versions : the antique copper and the antique silver are the best.

... Edit: Ooohhh the regular copper is great too!

Lovely coin! I like the antique silver, then antique copper, then copper. :-)

I wonder what you call regular copper??

In the picture with 3 coins there are

- antique silver

- antique copper

- antique bronze

and in the picture with 2 coins there are

- antique gold

- shiny silver

Ok... guess that would be antique copper on the bottom left of first pic. Didn' think of the other being a bronze.

I definitely agree with the antique copper and the antique silver. The super glittery silver one is just a little bit too much dazzle. It gets in the way of the detail of the coin.... I'm sure it looks different in person. I love the copper! The coins came out great! Edit: Ooohhh the regular copper is great too!

On a side note... the rainbow is inversed :/Unless rainbows look different in Germany :unsure: Anywho... they are samples... there's a reason for samples.

I agree too - the best looking ones are the antique copper and antique silver. The polished silver it too much!

They've turned out fantastically.

And rainbows in the southern hemisphere are also red on the outside :)

From The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams

"What is REAL?" asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. "Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?"

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real."

"Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.

"Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

"Does it happen all at once, like being wound up," he asked, "or bit by bit?"

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

Great looking coins Yanagi and a beautiful quote. You'll have a hard time deciding which version to get (pick them all :) )

Now first it is you that must be happy with the coin you chose so don't let this be any influence (just a pointer). The three coins grouped I thought showed best, what I looked for was how the quote stood out from the coin. I can see you want the words "black & white (as well as) rainbows" to stand out and personally the bronze was the one that did this (the rainbow showed well too), then antique copper and antique silver.

I really liked the shiney silver on the front, the rainbow I think would real standout but it lost your wording on the back, in the picture anyway, in your hand it may look different.

As I said a difficult decision, so I'll just pick my quote for today

"When you reduce life to black and white, you never see rainbows ..." Yanagi B)

They turned out very nice! I like the - antique bronze.

Would it not be true that with the rainbow upside down, you are not seeing the world in B&W? If things were B&W the rainbow would be have to be the other way.

Edited by NOSNOW