Team Yanagi Coin

yanagi

I told you already that we love quotes, sayings or other meaningful sentences and that there will be a quote on the other side of our coin. So here is the cointest:

- post your favorite quotes, sayings and other meaningful sentences

- only one post per day per participant

- the cointest ends on the day when we have the samples in our hand

- at the end of the cointest my daughter will pick the winner randomly

- the winner will get one of our coins

- in case someone posts the quote that we used for the backside of the coin he will also win one of our coins

Good luck to everybody

Thomas

OK...here is a quote of mine. Please note that it is made tongue-in-cheek. That is to say, I am not a violent man, and this is not an honestly hostile statement.

Mikal 3:16 - Mock not, lest ye be punched in the face.

I will post an ancient quote you probably all know!!! it is one of the strongest quotes and quite famous!!!

Η ΤΑΝ Ή ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ (means... with it or on it)

In case someone doesn't know its story.... this is a Spartan Quote! mothers or wifes used to tell that to their men or sons, or brothers when they were leaving for a war! the worst thing as a soldier was to drop your shield and run away! you were the black sheep for the rest of your time! nobody wanted you!! your family was ashamed too! So...

remember.... when a soldier... a hero, a high ranked was killed... there was a battle around him to save his body and his weapons!!! remeber Heliad?? ;)

Death with honor was something that soldiers wanted! heroism and honor were the things that could give make them famous even after death! So to drop your shield and run away was worse than to die!!!

the quote means... come back carring your shield or come back on your shield... as a dead but honored!!!

an other very famous quote from ancient greece.....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

King Leonidas of Sparta said that in Thermopyles when the messengers of the Persian army told to Spartans to surrender their weapons to Xerxes king of Persia!

The free translation is.... Come and get them... meaning.... if you dare... come! after that... the battle of Thermopylew started! A glorius battle full of Heroism!!

time for my new quote... once again it is take from the ancient greeks....

Γηράσκω αει διδασκόμενος - Solon

Τhe translation is....I am getting old and I am still learning! so... what Solon was saying is... as long as I live.. I will keep learning new things!

Wow, I didn't expect so many entries! There are so many great new quotes and reading the new posts is the first thing that I do in the morning. Thank ou soo much for this fun...

And of course. keep on posting. It shortens my waiting time :)

Wow, I didn't expect so many entries! There are so many great new quotes and reading the new posts is the first thing that I do in the morning. Thank ou soo much for this fun...

And of course. keep on posting. It shortens my waiting time :)

:D Yes I know what you mean, it was the same with me, a great way to pass time waiting ;)

Todays quote from a true dreamer:

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

Your dreams will be real when that package arrives at the door step :D

I looked you coin again and... something came in my mind.... I have no idea if someone said it before me... so... Ido not know if I can claim it.... :)

"my family is the rainbow of my life"

In all of our lives we are chasing rainbows... but when we make our own family... we see that the real treasure is there...

oups!!! did I make a new quote?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

"Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt."

- Special Olympics athlete oath

Special Olympics is for intellectually handicapped athletes. World Summer Games start in two days, with 7.500 very special athletes from 185 countries.

:laughing: I was saving that for the day the Special Olympics will start, but I am so happy that you posted it! :D

Just to add... the Special Olympics are in Athens, and the last place that the olympic flame will visit before it ends in Kallimarmaro stadium... is Rhodes!!! :D

Edited by GATOULIS

"They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa,

They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa.

To the happy home. With trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket

weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes and they're

coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!! " - Napolean XIV

ILYK