Team Yanagi Coin

yanagi

ok... this is something very special and Greek! It was a motto of a great greek writer... Nikos Kazantzakis! You may not know him... but you may have read some of his books.... some were turned into a movie too!!! I am talking about "Zorba the Greek".... or "The Last Temptation"...and so many others....

This quote is writen on his gravestone!

"I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free."

My favorite is not really famous...it was the last part of the last sentence in a book filled with the devastation of a massive forrest fire. I used to have it engraved with a forrest scene in one side of a custom Zippo that I had distressed and engraved myself.

...and from high swinging cones opened by the fiery heat, the winged seeds drifted downward to the earth.

Fire

George R. Stewart

I read that book 20 years ago, and have always loved that last line. It gives the perfect image of things starting over again.

"There is something amiss, I am being insincere

In fact I don't mean any of this

Still my confession draws you near

To confuse the issue I refer

To familiar heroes from long ago

No matter how much Peter loved her

What made the Pan refuse to grow"

Hook-Blues Traveler

I really think that the Peter Pan reference is hilarious in this song.

Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.

- Brad Henry

Edit to say that this is truly an inspirational cointest! Thanks for hosting it.

Edited by mamoreb

Not exactly sure if this qualifies, but it is a quote, and is by far my favorite and the one that touches me most.

When Kyle (KDT) asked me to marry him, he only said 5 words. 'I love you like crazy....' Before we both started to cry and I said yes. Since then he signs every note with 'I love you like crazy' and leaves cute little notes saying that in my coat pocket etc. It's been so close to me that I got it tattooed on my inner wrist last December.

We have been together for 10 years this August and in September we will be married.

Picture0002.jpg

Not exactly sure if this qualifies, ... 'I love you like crazy....'

This qualifies for sure :rolleyes:

I am together with my wife for 20 years and we are married now for 17 years. I love her like the first day. :wub::wub::wub: Believe me, August is a very good month to come together :D:D:D