FS: Magellan eXplorist 400 (US) for sale

I've decided to upgrade and I'm selling my Magellan eXplorist 400 for $70 shipped. It's a great little unit in good condition and its Lithium Ion battery still maintains a great charge. It picks up satellites almost instantly and maintains it even indoors (which, from what I hear, is pretty rare in a GPS unit).

Comes with wall charger and USB cord. All drivers/downloads/software required is available in updated version on Magellan.com. I must warn you that I don't suggest this unit for anyone running a Windows 64-bit OS. It works with 64-bit (because that's what I use), but it's not really compatible and you can't utilize VantagePoint or upgrade/expand the maps with a 64-bit machine. Works best with XP, but is also compatible with 32-bit Vista and 7.

Specs I copied from internet:

Uses a rechargeable Lithium Ion battery which maintains a charge for 12-17 hours

8MB of built-in North American maps

8MB of internal memory for recording 5 track log files, 20 routes, and 500 point of interest

SD card compatibility for unlimited expansion

Built-in map includes major roads, parks, waterways, airports, and more

TrueFix Technology (takes advantage of 14 parallel channels, supported by WAAS and EGNOS Satellite-Based Augmentation Systems for fast signal acquisition, minimal signal loss and reliable accuracy to within 3 meters)

Multi-lingual menu (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Finnish, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian)

One button access to the map, marking points of interest, goto routes, and menu

Geocache manager (download coordinates from Internet sites and use them on your outdoor adventures; makes managing coordinates even easier with a PC-style file system)

4 Navigation screens

Rubber armored, impact resistant plastic

Large backlit LCD (amber glow, 4 level grayscale) with zoom capability

Waterproof to IPX-7

No service fees

Dimensions: 2.2" x 4.7"

USB data port

Please email me privately at mightywink@yahoo.com or call/text me at 423.202.6316. Serious inquiries only, please.

Hi, I'm interested in this unit. I just signed up for geocaching and have no idea what to do...but obviously need a gps unit to go geocaching. I saw the Jr geo on the GEocaching website for 70 dollars then saw this ad. I'm assuming this one would be a better buy and give me more bank for my buck. Would that be correct (sorry for being so ignorant but I"ll learn).

If you still have it availalbe and it would be a better buy for me then I'd like to purchase it from you.

Thank you

Kim

Hi, I'm interested in this unit. I just signed up for geocaching and have no idea what to do...but obviously need a gps unit to go geocaching. I saw the Jr geo on the GEocaching website for 70 dollars then saw this ad. I'm assuming this one would be a better buy and give me more bank for my buck. Would that be correct (sorry for being so ignorant but I"ll learn).

If you still have it availalbe and it would be a better buy for me then I'd like to purchase it from you.

Thank you

Kim

Hi Kim, I'm new to this, too. I'm completely unfamiliar with the unit you're talking about, so I can't give you an informed comparison. My aunt got me into this about a week ago, and someone else I know just upgraded to an expensive Garmin and was selling her eXplorist 400, so I bought it. But I decided that I want the eXplorist GC like my aunt has, so I'm getting rid of this one that I just bought. Mainly because I can't really utilize all its features since I'm using Windows Vista 64-bit. If you want to, feel free to call me. My name is Alicia and my number is 423-202-6316 or you can e-mail me privately at mightywink@yahoo.com. I should have my cell on me all day today.

I just signed up for geocaching and have no idea what to do...but obviously need a gps unit to go geocaching.

I've got a similar model & like it a lot. It's especially good for someone new because it's not complicated to use at all.

Decent price too.

I just signed up for geocaching and have no idea what to do...but obviously need a gps unit to go geocaching.

I've got a similar model & like it a lot. It's especially good for someone new because it's not complicated to use at all.

Decent price too.